• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
ss_ed0cb34d09f49c4b06900cc05baf4b156fac4a98.600x338.jpg

ss_baa06cde8e6e17b2a9f7b1f120d58b89f5f91d0b.600x338.jpg

ss_bff0ef71e2caafcba8e709fb23fcf94b054f94f7.600x338.jpg

ss_a3144ad13840712d5016c83e84af64e9cae2029b.600x338.jpg

ss_e806a13df8c72eea5f89f17dc1d1c22c2c4ab52e.600x338.jpg

• PS4
  • XBOX One
  • Switch
  • Steam

Last edited:

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Really wish they had a date. I mean beyond being in development for a decade, I remember it being spring 2020, and now it's summer 2020. Just makes it feel like fall 2020 is next.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
Huh? When I read the title I expected it to be a part of the Hotshot (tennis, golf..etc) series. Looks super cool, though!

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
I tried it on my Xbox One X several hours. Game looks good but the gameplay using the chase cam is very weird to me ....there is some bad laggy connection between the camera moves and the car moves .... its hard to explain ... definetly not as good old Model 2/3 arcade games in term of gameplay.
A perfect chase cam ( like old sega racing of forza ) is not easy to get.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I tried it on my Xbox One X several hours. Game looks good but the gameplay using the chase cam is very weird to me ....there is some bad laggy connection between the camera moves and the car moves .... its hard to explain ... definetly not as good old Model 2/3 arcade games in term of gameplay.
A perfect chase cam ( like old sega racing of forza ) is not easy to get.
Is it out on xbox?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this being played a couple of weeks ago. Looks fucking banging.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the drifting style is mostly inspired by OutRun.

Nobody ever tries Ridge Racer-style drifting. :/
Actually, the guy who is trying it, says the handling model is like RR7 more than anything else (comment section of the same video)

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time this gets bumped I'm hoping the full release is coming. I've been playing this for a while, it's so much fun.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This looks pretty cool. This is like as far as I'm willing to go with racing games lol, just drift heavy and a nice, cheery aesthetic.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like it handles like Ridge Racer, which would be a dream come true for me. I hope this has enough content.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

There is a play test going on for Insiders until the 10th.
It looks like a suped up Virtua Racing, handles like Daytona(mostly), and has a boost mechanic that's built from drifting and drafting like Burnout.
Sound/music design feels like it stepped right out of the 90's. Each Racer has 4 types of cars (Speed, Drifting, Acceleration, Balanced) and all sorts of items you can customize on it through money earned from placing in races. So far there are 4 locales with 4 tracks each and a lot of Arcade Racing staples. A slot machine, dinosaurs, volcano, carnival etc.
Really having a great time playing it, nobody seems to be playing online but it has an 8 person lobby.
Will 100% pick it up on launch.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
It's not bad, but given I'm a fan of everything it's aiming for it doesn't really grab me as much as I'd hoped. Definitely getting it on Switch though.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
We need SEGA to decide to takeover and publish this.
It's literally just a lost new SEGA Arcade Racer in the vein of Virtua Racing mixed with Virtua Fighter and a little bit of Daytona USA co-developed by one of their main third-party Development partners.
JUST DO IT SEGA.
They made an amazing new concept for a potential new SEGA Arcade racer franchise right here!
The Diverse roster of Virtua Fighter mixed with the graphics of Virtua Racing and the Gameplay and Cars of Daytona USA.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I played three cups and a little bit of time trial and man, this is the real deal. The handling feels really good, easily the best one of these throwback racers has felt since Outrun 2. My only real issue is the AI sometimes feels a little too aggressive, even on Normal. I haven't played a single race without someone bumping into my rear. Other than that, just extremely fun to play.

Im getting the payed version on day 1. No question.

Oct 30, 2017
I played three cups and a little bit of time trial and man, this is the real deal. The handling feels really good, easily the best one of these throwback racers has felt since Outrun 2. My only real issue is the AI sometimes feels a little too aggressive, even on Normal. I haven't played a single race without someone bumping into my rear. Other than that, just extremely fun to play.

Thanks for the impressions. Sounds great!

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the impressions. Sounds great!
Sure thing. I actually have to stop myself from playing more of it so as not to spoil the full release. The demo seems to be pretty much fully featured. It has all 16 tracks that will be in the final game, a shop for car and driver customization, outro cutscenes for each driver, the whole shebang.

Nov 2, 2017

Played this shortly after seeing the Aug. 8 post about the Insider deal. Wanted to post earlier but never got around to it but my experience sounds very similar to so1337's.

I was actually okay with the AI aggression ("rubbing is racing") but yes, it does seem a bit more extreme in that regard in contrast to similar racing games.

I think I just played two cups and a time trial but looking forward to full version (plays/looks ready to go now).

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Played this shortly after seeing the Aug. 8 post about the Insider deal. Wanted to post earlier but never got around to it but my experience sounds very similar to so1337's.

I was actually okay with the AI aggression ("rubbing is racing") but yes, it does seem a bit more extreme in that regard in contrast to similar racing games.

I think I just played two cups and a time trial but looking forward to full version (plays/looks ready to go now).
I don't necessarily have a huge problem with the AI being aggressive but I was surprised to see the "norrmal" difficulty proving this much of a challenge. To put it in Mario Kart terms, it's like they started out with 150CC as the baseline. I think some people might be put off by that.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Yoooooo, this is my first time even hearing of this game and goddamn does it look like the real deal. I miss arcade racers so much, especially those with SEGA-style visuals, and this looks like it might go a long way toward scratching that itch. Except...

Why cops gotta be a part of this?

...for this part. Yeah, the inclusion of cops is a real downer. At least the game doesn't seem to glorify them, though?

Nov 2, 2017
I don't necessarily have a huge problem with the AI being aggressive but I was surprised to see the "norrmal" difficulty proving this much of a challenge. To put it in Mario Kart terms, it's like they started out with 150CC as the baseline. I think some people might be put off by that.
That's a good comparison.

Why cops gotta be a part of this?
I must've overlooked the mode with cops during the insider demo.