• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The game was first thought up when drunk in a Shinjuku bar livestream. Now, the two legendary designers are now meeting up a week later in Canada over lunch to have an idea of the main mechanics of Hotel Barcelona

Look at them enjoying a nice lunch with a nice view

They also facetimed Devolver to have a discussion, probably to publish their game. They had said Devolver would be the publisher before Devolver knew about any of this.

Keiichiro Toyama, the creator of Silent Hill, Siren and Gravity Rush is still expected to join the project but we haven't heard from him since he answered the request to join through a text message that said "zenzen daijoubu desu"

They're actually going through with this.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yooooooooooooooooooo.

Next we need to get Travis meets Francis York Morgan.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Suda, Swery, and Toyama working on a horror game, is this real life? Sounds like a dream game in the making.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Wow, Banff! I was just there a few months ago. Bet they loved it there.

If Devolver are getting involved then that's good. Pretty sure I once ready that one of SWERY's dreams as a developer was working on a game with Suda.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow, this is lovely.
Both these guys had awesome news this year, Deadly Premonition 2 and No More Heroes 3, now they've got their joint project. Wonderful stuff.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When they say Barcelona do they mean the place in Spain or the planet Barcelona where dogs have no nose?

Either way, I am interested in the premise.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fu... Yeah! Imagine this project and all the structures are like Gaudí style, it will be amazing (just recently went to Barcelona and I fell in love with architecture and design of this artist).

Some images of the buildings:
casa-batllo-gaudi-barcelona-english-book-deluxe-edition-dosde-publishing_978-84-9103-057-7_25-007-01_B01.jpg
casa-batllocc81-blog.jpg
home-pedrera-exterior-2-1.jpeg
barcelona-sagrada-familia.jpg
.n_n.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
They apparently mentioned Switch as well but the involvement of Toyama would presumably rule that out, even if Sony allowed the Siren shirt in TSA.
Well it could more likely just mean a PS4 port and whatever else platforms they want (probably Switch,mobile and PC).

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Been hoping to see Toyama make a return to horror for a while, hopefully this happens.

Game will be weird af and I will love it.