• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
As the subject has come up in recent threads, to avoid turning them into food threads, feel free to discuss them here.

To those unfamiliar with the concept, per Wikipedia:
A hotdish is a casserole which typically contains a starch, a meat, and a canned or frozen vegetable mixed with canned soup.
A casserole (French: diminutive of casse, from Provençal cassa 'pan'[1]) is a large, deep pan used both in the oven and as a serving vessel. The word is also used for the food cooked and served in such a vessel, and, if so, the cookware itself is called a "casserole dish" or "casserole pan". "Casserole" should not be confused with the word cacerola, which is Spanish for "cooking pot".

iu

iu

iu

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Homemade baked mac and cheese is literally the best thing

Shoutouts to green bean casserole and even tuna noodle casserole

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Oh hell yeah, casseroles are so dang rich. Growing up, any of them that involved biscuits baked on top was my jam.
I have yet to try a tater-tot casserole but I guess Trader Joe's has a califlower version of it that's healthy...er...ish.
Anyone given it a go?
66031-cauliflower-tot-casserole.jpg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Deep-dish Pizza a casserole? And I mean actual deep dish pizza, not pan crust pizza, that's just more bread.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I'm a big fan of the hashbrown casserole on bags of refrigerated/frozen hash browns? The one with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cheese. That shit slaps.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I make a BBQ Chicken casserole from time to time with chopped potatoes, sauteed onions, pulled pork, Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, and sharp cheddar cheese.

This is about as close as a picture as I can find to the one I make:

SV-Pm_ncgNhYMaJA4LXN0_vUaZxDkbHgxtjkZh8RnrDAw4tlMexS8lwF4rZKSskrCrbmZmyxupuvyedk48P0OyK6F088wybiyyoxqA=w600-l68

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
its a pretty broad category and there are definitely some horrible casseroles but some are amazing.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
Casseroles are pretty uninteresting to me. Mostly bland and lacking in any texture other than mush. I guess I can see the appeal if you need to feed a family.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

1 lb chicken or pork shredded
3 large potatoes cut into chunks
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup red onions sauteed
1 cup Jack Daniels BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of cooked bacon chopped
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Some kind of seasoning

Oven on 475, mix the potatoes with the olive oil and seasoning, bake for about 15 minutes or whenever the potatoes are browned. Saute the onions in Olive Oil as well. Mix together the cooked chicken or pork, whatever seasoning you want, cheese, bacon, onions, and the BBQ sauce. Set it aside until the potatoes are done. Set the oven to 400, put the potatoes in the casserole dish, cover them with the mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Add more or less of whatever you like.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
my mom was a big proponent of the chicken broccoli rice casserole made with cream of mushroom soup and breadcrumbs on top

factually that shit is good

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I generally like a lot of casseroles and hot dishes but tatertot casserole is my life's enemy.
Just this picture makes me want to throw up. Growing up the bane of my sister and my existence was this tatertot casserole my parents liked. It was horrendous for us. The smell alone made me gag. Her casserole looked like this minus the cheese.

Now my mom makes some nice cheesy broccoli dishes. My wife makes a real nice eggplant orzo one too.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fucking casserole. Do these True American Patriots of Our Glorious Heartland™ call a bowl of reheated spaghetti a "hot dish", because that's what the words streaming from their mouths means.

Here, let me diagram this shit out for you

hot-thermometer-illustration-prints.png

Mutherphuckin'

download.jpg

also, Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is all sorts of amazing

chicken-broccoli-casserole-3.jpg

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
It's a fucking casserole. Do these True American Patriots of Our Glorious Heartland™ call a bowl of reheated spaghetti a "hot dish", because that's what the words streaming from their mouths means.

Here, let me diagram this shit out for you

hot-thermometer-illustration-prints.png

Mutherphuckin'

download.jpg

also, Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is all sorts of amazing

chicken-broccoli-casserole-3.jpg
Oh no, google images has done me wrong yet again.
9dc74a0836ffd7c0df9a3fa6b8528791.jpg

Oh hell yeah, casseroles are so dang rich. Growing up, any of them that involved biscuits baked on top was my jam.
I have yet to try a tater-tot casserole but I guess Trader Joe's has a califlower version of it that's healthy...er...ish.
Anyone given it a go?
66031-cauliflower-tot-casserole.jpg

I've tried it and it's really good. Reminds me that I should buy it again when I'm at TJ's again.

Oct 27, 2017
Cheesy chicken casserole. Childhood fav.

Leftover rotisserie chicken bits, 2 cups
Thin spaghetti noodles,a box
Velveeta cheese,1 cup cubed
Cream of chicken soup/milk (can use any cream soup) 2 soup cans milk or water
S&P
Can add veggies if wanted
350 degrees for an hour,stirring occasionally