• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't even low key, it's obvious.

Also, ya doinked your spoiler tag up.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine. It's a bit boring and all of the action scenes are pretty lame, but Rudd single-handedly makes it worth a watch. Ant-Man and the Wasp is no better

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really not. The first half of the film feels like scene after scene of a character delivering exposition. It's really exhausting.

It's only saved by a pretty fun third act once the heist actually happens.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad movie; you can still feel some Edgar Wright touches. It has a weak villain/evil plot, though it's not as bad here as it was in Deadpool, when I spent literally the entire film wondering when this henchman orderly was going to report to his boss.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
The first one was great fun. Really enjoyed seeing the bad guy go progressively more crazy over the movie.

Second one was a solid 7.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
It's... okay. I don't really think much of it. I think I liked the sequel more, but they kind of rub me the same way, which is not much at all.

I find that they're movies where the Marvel elements are the weakest parts. Like, I preferred when he wasn't being Ant Man or doing Ant Man things, or talking about doing Ant Man things, or learning about doing Ant Man things.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
It's got the trope of the villain being a carbon copy of the heroes suit/tech/powers except with more mustache twirling, but certainly a top 5 MCU flick candidate for me.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
First time I saw Antman I thought it was a lower MCU flick. Enjoyable but nothing special. Now its probably my most rewatched of the movies. Agree with those saying villain was weak but Rudd, Lilly, Douglas, Greer, and especially Pena are such a delight.

Jan 31, 2018
Thought it fairly meh. A sort of by-the-numbers Marvel origin story. They hit all the notes they need to make it entertaining but it never really stands out. Don't think it'd even be in my top ten.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Corey Stoll is kinda wasted in his role, but the heist and having stakes being more personal was great.

Also, Luis is fantastic.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I did like the stakes were smaller scale and more personal.

Plus

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
was a mediocre ass movie. edgar wright was smart to leave as soon as disney's strangle to change it up happened.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
it was fun
I had a good time watching it

thinking back on it, I think I enjoyed it more than most of the Marvel movies

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's definitely one of my favourites. I really enjoy the smaller scale (no pun intended) and lower stakes, the cast is fantastic, the storytelling holds up well and the whole thing just has a nice, cosy feel to it.

Plus, it has one of the catchiest themes in the MCU.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually think it's one of the worst. It's a comedy first and it is just not funny. It ends up being boring as hell. Paul Rudd as antman is also the only marvel superhero where I didn't immediately feel like he was perfectly cast. It's usually where marvel shines but antman just felt kinda bland.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

Maybe it was because I caught it right after infinity war but.. It wasn't good at all. Seriously I was kind of shocked how disjointed it was, the characters were either horribly cheese or comically evil with no real purpose or reason to be doing what they're doing. Everyone but Antman and his daughter are basically bitter garbage, the jokes that landed were rare and reusing the same gimmicks from the first didn't work out. If you think about the movie at all it kind of falls apart. Why did the cops have a beef with Antman? Because it's hilarious and goofy! Why did the one set of bad guys go after them the whole time? Because they know some dangerous people! Why did the Destiny looking evil girl constantly fuck everything up despite the fact the logical plan all along would have been to work together, negating the whole movie? Cause she's in pain I guess.

When the main plot point we're supposed to care about is finding someones mom that you also probably don't care about, I dunno, the whole thing fell flat to me in a way I haven't felt in awhile. Marvel seems to really struggle with the number 2.

Edit: How could I forget the awesome subplot of the security company guys, I doubt anyone else did.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's great. Can't believe that ridiculous first trailer they released for it. Made it look super sappy.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Louis is a national treasure. I'd pay money to have him re-tell the MCU movies. Each would be like 10 minutes and damn hilarious.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd put it in the top 5 for me. Paul Rudd carries it like a motherfucker though. Put someone else in there and it ain't shit.