• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KrisHolt

Jan 29, 2020
I've loved it since I was a kid, even before I understood many of the references. I've still never seen Hot Shots though.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Top Secret holds that spot for me.

suzyckehrk3u.gif

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
"Thank you, Topper. I can kill again! You've given me a reason to live."

"I loved you in Wall Street!" with dueling internal narration.

Throwing bullets to kill people.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I always thought Hot Shots was better, but I haven't seen them since the 90s.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the first Hot Shots was a little more consistently funny but they're both wonderful. Lloyd Bridges was effortlessly funny. The scene with his hat and the helicopter slays me every time.

Y'all need to see Top Secret! if you want a truly underappreciated gem of the genre.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer the first one I think, but they're both good.
The second one was a bit too silly lol.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
"I loved you in Wall Street!"

That killed me as a kid even though I didn't know what Wall Street or Apocalypse Now were.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It is such a shame that this genre was hammered into the ground by the "(Genre) Movie" movies and don't exist anymore.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's not, but it's a good one for sure. I think I watched it at least 10 times.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Loaded Weapon 1 is my favorite but Hot Shots 1 and Deux are great

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Airplane, Naked Gun, and Hot Shots Part Deux are so integral to the sense of humor I have today.

Like, I was a kid watching these movies laughing my ass off at jokes I didn't understand but just -knew- were funny. And I kept watching them as I grew up, understanding more and more jokes and even now watching them I catch a joke I missed before. Just like War, they're Fantastic.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
It's not better than airplane or police academy/naked gun, but it's really good. I miss good parody movies.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Scary Movies and the dreck from those directors afterwards completely destroyed the spoof genre.