• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlueGeezer

Oct 28, 2017
I clicked this thinking he was going to snort it, so... not as crazy as I thought.

Me and a few mates chipped into to pay another mate to snort some x-hot Nando's sauce as a challenge(he didn't think we would pay but we did).

He was fine. For about 10 seconds. I have never seen someone run for a bathroom so fast....

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Accusations
I'm Not sure why some of you wanted this man to hospitalise himself. There is crazy and then there is crazy, some racists in here lmao.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm surprised more of the guests don't do this kind of thing.

The interviews are great, but for big time hot sauce guys (which for some reason I imagine a lot of artists being but apparently I'm wrong) this the whole tossed-rather-than-basted approach is pretty bush league.

The fat from the chicken wings/legs definitely means that the corn chips crowd might be caught off guard. These are intense sauces but nothing compared to some of the sustained ingredient-level spice of a lot of the world's stews and curries.
Any of the Last Dab disagrees with you. I love me some spicy curry, and enjoy a lot of different super hot sauces...Last dab is delicious but the peppers that are used in it are insanely next level. I haven't tried Apollo, but considering the scoville rating on it compared to the Pepper X version, I can't imagine that felt nice.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I mean I'm not dogging on the dude for what he did (and wouldn't be on him for not doing it, for that matter).

I'm dogging on OP for the clickbait title. Like, seriously, the "craziest hot sauce thing ever" you can imagine is... putting more hot sauce on chicken?

They've had Johnny Knoxville on this show, it's a miracle no one's put the Last Dab on their urethra yet.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Im happy with the Garlic Reaper sauce, sadly they don't use it on the show anymore. It tastes amazing.

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US
I've got too many of the hot ones sauces including the sauces from the game show and Apollo is next level... The only other last dab that I have is the reaper edition but Apollo is leagues above that.

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The people who do these episodes must have digestion problems for days. Especially with that many sauces mixed up in their bellies.

Yah, of something rated 2m+ scoville? Nah. What a fucking weird reply/hill to die on.
Are you okay? Seems like a very aggressive response to an innoculous post.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised more of the guests don't do this kind of thing.

The interviews are great, but for big time hot sauce guys (which for some reason I imagine a lot of artists being but apparently I'm wrong) this the whole tossed-rather-than-basted approach is pretty bush league.

The fat from the chicken wings/legs definitely means that the corn chips crowd might be caught off guard. These are intense sauces but nothing compared to some of the sustained ingredient-level spice of a lot of the world's stews and curries.
What's with this weird hotsauce gatekeeping? They keep it at a level where the guests are mostly able to give coherent replies to the interview questions, maybe with the exception of the last dab. It wouldn't make sense for this show, which has one of the best pop culture interviewers around, to incapacitate their guests before they can answer the questions that Sean has prepared for them.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Da bomb sauce they use is the hottest I've tried. Tastes and feels like pepper spray, complete chemical garbage. If the sauce Nas ended on is anything like that he made a bad move covering that wing. There is good heat and cheap shitty heat.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Da bomb sauce they use is the hottest I've tried. Tastes and feels like pepper spray, complete chemical garbage. If the sauce Nas ended on is anything like that he made a bad move covering that wing. There is good heat and cheap shitty heat.
Da Bomb is hot, but no where near Last Dab... and it's also just garbage hot sauce.

I'm so glad Da Bomb is gone from the show, it tastes like shit, it's the embodyment of the "BLOW YOUR ASSHOLE OUT HOTSAUCE" trend... there are so many GREAT tasting hot sauces

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017

Da Bomb is awful. Everyone I've seen, both on the show and in person, absolutely hates it.

I can't speak for Apollo specifically, but the Hot Ones sauces are generally pretty tasty. They definitely make good flavor a priority.

It's hard to make the super spicy stuff taste good, it probably still has that chemically taste of it's using distillates, but Da Bomb is trash tier.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
The Last Dab Apollo is hot AF but tasty. And it's really simple too. It's just Apollo peppers, Apollo pepper powder, vinegar, and Apollo pepper distillate. Bring a tear to your eye while also tasting good.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say Da Bomb is worse just because of how bad it tastes. The hotter sauces don't elicit the same reaction.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Stone Cold was the best simply because he no-sold all of the sauces and admitted to doing so at the end to demonstrate how you need that discipline in the ring in front of a crowd.

Conversely, DJ Khaled giving up like...3 wings in(?) was a disgrace.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Lol the last 5 minutes of the video are him milking and watering his way out of regret. Sean has an asbestos lined body apparently.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I put one drop in my chili of Last Dab XXX and it has me sweating big time. I can't imagine doing this.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
What's with this weird hotsauce gatekeeping? They keep it at a level where the guests are mostly able to give coherent replies to the interview questions, maybe with the exception of the last dab. It wouldn't make sense for this show, which has one of the best pop culture interviewers around, to incapacitate their guests before they can answer the questions that Sean has prepared for them.

this isn't what I was trying to come off as, but it's also kind of true. It'd be like doing an interview where the host and interviewee run 5 miles (8 km). For the typical person you meet in the supermarket 5 miles would be brutal to do in one stretch, but for anyone who has spent any time working out or running it's substantial but not actually all that bad.

But considering how accessible "hot sauce culture" is and how in-vogue foodie culture, especially regarding gastropub type abstract or extreme experiences, is in the mainstream world it just feels like we'd get more folks born and bred on these novelty sauces. Especially if it's a one time thing or something to keep up appearances.

And like I said: these are legitimately great interviews. This and whoever the NPR morning guy has finely honed the softball questions then a brutal hardball format. I'm grateful in general for the non-late night show interviews where the guest can display some actual candor as opposed to the typical publicity campaign publicist-proctored responses.

Any of the Last Dab disagrees with you. I love me some spicy curry, and enjoy a lot of different super hot sauces...Last dab is delicious but the peppers that are used in it are insanely next level. I haven't tried Apollo, but considering the scoville rating on it compared to the Pepper X version, I can't imagine that felt nice.

Okay I admit I was ignorant to this. Last Dab weighs in at carolina reaper levels, which is a flavorful pepper but anything more than a fine mince makes food nearly inedible.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me think of task master where they have to try to collect as many tears as possible and the guy rubs hot sauce in his eyes lol.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
What's that, where it looks like he has staples in his head? Looks cool
looks like a necklace braided into his hair. Super cool, I wanna try that. I love Lil Nas X.

Also it's kind of hard for me to have context on why this is so crazy. He ate a lot of hot sauce, isn't that pretty par for the course?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes go back to the DJ Khaled video just to read the comments.

I can't watch the actual video tho. Too cringe for my blood.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
That is kind of how hot wings are served. The show only lightly coats it in all honestly and the guests take a small nibble. You could go to Wings, order the Bobby, and it will be similar to what Lil Nas X did. It isn't that crazy and the amount of sauce used wasn't even a whole lot.

We do way worse when our group does it. The End hot sauce is 6 million Scoville and we coat the wings well with it.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
I'm Not sure why some of you wanted this man to hospitalise himself. There is crazy and then there is crazy, some racists in here lmao.
Oh my fucking god lmao, I just realised why I got banned. I didn't mean to say racists, I wanted to make a tongue and cheek comment about saying they were sadists but it autocorrect to racists. Unbelievable lol, I should probably proof read.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Zoe Kravitz is the only person I've seen go through all of the sauces like it was nothing.