• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I've had it on pizza at a couple of different places and it was amazing both times. Never thought of buying it to have at home but I think I might have to now. I imagine it would also be really good with fried chicken.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know about hot honey, but I've been using regular honey as a dipping sauce for decades. Still haven't found anything that tastes better on breaded chicken than honey.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People in this thread having never heard of old world pepperoni and honey on pizza hurts my heart. Time for a culinary adventure, you plebians lol!

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled across it a while back. I like it, but its gotta be on the right stuff, at least for me- definitely don't agree with it going on pizza. But it's amazing on chicken, especially chicken and waffles.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled across it a while back. I like it, but its gotta be on the right stuff, at least for me- definitely don't agree with it going on pizza. But it's amazing on chicken, especially chicken and waffles.
Mixing hot sauce with your syrup is delicious for chicken and waffles as well.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
I have to push back against the "honey? you're pouring SUGAR on stuff" narrative here—not because honey isn't sugary since it obviously is—but because any good honey is way more complex than one-note sweetness. Also from a nutritional standpoint I don't think honey is metabolized the same way as simple sugars.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Add me to the "ordered some Mike's Hot Honey thanks to this thread" group. Never heard of this as a condiment category before but it sounds like something I'd really like. Never would have thought of trying any sort of honey, hot or otherwise, on pizza...sounds like an experiment I'll be trying out later this week.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honey hot has been my definitive wing flavour for years. Can't get enough of it.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, this sounds amazing and I'm going to look for some tomorrow.

As for another condiment find I've made recently is Trader Joe's Everything but the Elote.
I seriously love this stuff. I like to put it on my own Mexican style street corn (with butter and cheese of course), but it's also really good on fried chicken and ramen. My favorite is to put it in popcorn, though.

Trader-Joes-Elote-Seasoning-01.jpg

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

As for another condiment find I've made recently is Trader Joe's Everything but the Elote.
I seriously love this stuff. I like to put it on my own Mexican style street corn (with butter and cheese of course), but it's also really good on fried chicken and ramen. My favorite is to put it in popcorn, though.

It's Trader Joe's so I'm giving it a try.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
...On a fucking pizza?
Hell yes

Well damn. This'll save a ton of time making elotes