• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
I totally agree with her on the Direct being Thursday and BotW 2 and Metroid appearing on it. But 2D Metroid...
twitter.com

Hot Girl Videos 69. Nice. -f็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ on Twitter

“All I'm saying is this is fitting tight into what I've heard. It's definitely a screw up on the best buy side, but seeing they charged someone also for MP4 means I'm putting more stock into what the beta boy has told me in our sessions. #mp4 #metroid #metroidprime4”
I mean, I'm hopeful on MP4 releasing in late 2021 or early 22, but even then, I don't expect more than a teaser at the June direct or September or Game Awards. I sure as hell don't expect it this week. At best I would expect MPTHD for December with another logo of MP4. But I'll expect just the 2D game for this Direct and this year. Safer bet.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That name is killing me lmao

And I hope this ends up being true. It would be really nice to finally see Prime 4

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I totally agree with her on the Direct being Thursday and BotW 2 and Metroid appearing on it. But 2D Metroid...
twitter.com

Hot Girl Videos 69. Nice. -f็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ on Twitter

“All I'm saying is this is fitting tight into what I've heard. It's definitely a screw up on the best buy side, but seeing they charged someone also for MP4 means I'm putting more stock into what the beta boy has told me in our sessions. #mp4 #metroid #metroidprime4”
I mean, I'm hopeful on MP4 releasing in late 2021 or early 22, but even then, I don't expect more than a teaser at the June direct or September or Game Awards. I sure as hell don't expect it this week. At best I would expect MPTHD for December with another logo of MP4. But I'll expect just the 2D game for this Direct and this year. Safer bet.

MP4 for this year seems ridiculously unlikely but I've always been suspect of the idea that they literally rebooted the entire game from scratch. I imagine Retro was able to reuse much of the assets the other team produced.

Nobody really believes a rumour about a 5 second tease right? The Metroid prime 4 tease was half a minute long...

So it'll have to be the Metroid Prime 6 teaser then. Assuming the Metroid Prime 5 teaser is 10 seconds long.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
That name is killing me lmao

And I hope this ends up being true. It would be really nice to finally see Prime 4
I believe in Metroid being present in the next direct, but in the form of a 2D game, not Prime 4
Assuming Retro could reuse a lot of assets, two years after the reboot IS possible, but it would be some turnaround.
I'm in the safer(but still optimistic) boat of 3D year's after the reboot, putting it at late 2021(assuming it was rebooted late 19)
MP4 for this year seems ridiculously unlikely but I've always been suspect of the idea that they literally rebooted the entire game from scratch. I imagine Retro was able to reuse much of the assets the other team produced.
I don't think there's any chance of it launching this year. At best we can get a trailer of it on the E3(lol) Direct or Game Awards, for a release late 2021, and MPT December 2020 or feb '21.
But I agree with you that they probably reused some of the assets of the BN cancelled game. If they had good models of characters and enemies it would be a waste not to use them. I think development restarted fall '18. Iirc Imran said Retro showed Nintendo a demo they made in mid 18, so they probably already had a vision.
I don't see the game coming later than H122 tbh.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Me: Browsing this thread
Wife walks in: Sees thread - says: Looking at hot girls online? noice

Explained it to her, and she called the me a dork. I love her.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
I would also be okay with this. I would assume it would have to most likely be a new game considering they've already remade Metroid 1 and 2 and I doubt they'd bother remaking Fusion.
I'm pretty sure it's a new game. God it's been 18 years since the last new 2D Metroid! Plus, Sakamoto already said that Super and Fusion don't need remaking. I'm really excited for a Fusion sequel. That game s beautiful.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Can we just get the leaks off the thread titles?

I really don't want to know about it until the direct itself, or until I decide to enter the thread.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Not the craziest Adult/Nintendo related thing I've seen this year, man... My Instagram and Twitter feed blew up with "onlyfans" models hash tagging the crap out of Animal Crossing cause of the release.

louris

Oct 27, 2017
I am totally in this just for the welcome distraction. Nintendo will soothe the world. #teamreal

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
If you were a real insider, leaking things through an account like this would be a genius idea. Most sites won't report on this because of the NSFW in the account.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Heads up: My sources firmly told me that this account got details about iam8bit's departure from E3 2020 incorrect. (These are the same sources who fed me the 100% confirmation of E3 2020's cancellation before it was actually canceled.) This Twitter account may very well be in a good place to hear from game-industry insiders, but I'm personally going for grains of salt based on their track record thus far.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
As a Dimitri Fan.

I wouldn't trust anybody with a Edelgard avatar.

🧐

Dimitri? what's wrong with you

I'm pretty sure it's a new game. God it's been 18 years since the last new 2D Metroid! Plus, Sakamoto already said that Super and Fusion don't need remaking. I'm really excited for a Fusion sequel. That game s beautiful.

Agreed, Super and Fusion are fine as-is. Plus I'd rather them not be 3Difyied and ruin that beautiful 2D art.

I'd be so happy to finally get a new 2D Metroid

giphy.gif

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Heads up: My sources firmly told me that this account got details about iam8bit's departure from E3 2020 incorrect. (These are the same sources who fed me the 100% confirmation of E3 2020's cancellation before it was actually canceled.) This Twitter account may very well be in a good place to hear from game-industry insiders, but I'm personally going for grains of salt based on their track record thus far.

www.youtube.com

Deltarune - Jevil - Chaos! Chaos!

I do not own this sound, image, or Deltarune. They are all property of Toby Fox.