• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Committing a hate crime to try to free your sister who you think was falsely accused of being Al-Qaeda seems like literally the worst possible approach you could take.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
AmFuPrj.png
Could you imagine being the Jewish attorney who attempted to defend her? That's the shittiest assignment they've ever received, I assure you.

Here's hoping no one gets hurt today. I haven't been to synagogue in a very long time, but this still hits me in my heart for reasons I can't explain.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Could you imagine being the Jewish attorney who attempted to defend her? That's the shittiest assignment they've ever received, I assure you.

Here's hoping no one gets hurt today. I haven't been to synagogue in a very long time, but this still hits me in my heart for reasons I can't explain.
I'd say most or all Jewish lawyers have heard worse.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The description of the sister seems to be burying the lede. The chief planner of the 9/11 attacks mentioned her during interrogation, and she was caught with a report on possible New York City targets for a mass casualty attack three years before.

EDIT: The last 30 minutes of posts weren't loading until just now. I refreshed, too.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019
One thing I find iffy about this "brother", wouldn't the terrorist's family be put on watch? Surely they would monitor her family members and keep an eye out for them.

And correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think her "brother" is blood related. He's probably using "sister" as an endearment.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
This is horrible, I hope he lets everyone go. I don't imagine he will survive this situation tho, he's either going to kill himself or shoot it out with police.

I do want to point out tho, it seems early to assume that the woman he's talking about is his literal sister. I don't know anything, I just don't quite know why some reports are just going with that when they don't even know this man's name. He could very well just feel a kinship with her.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Commentary
Nope. I believe terrorists have offered to trade hostages for her in the past, and that obviously didn't happen. She's not going anywhere.

Not only terrorists are trying to get her free. Noted Jew hater Linda Sarsour.
CURLJY9.jpg

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This is why a lot of synagogues always have a lot of security.

Horrible situation. I hope no one gets hurt.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
This is happening 2.4 miles away from my apartment. Hopefully it's resolved without any casualties and he's bluffing about the bombs...

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
This is absolutely awful. I hope it resolves with no one hurt.

She sounds lovely
Clearly her "brother" feels the same way, you have to go out of your way to find a synagogue in most places in the US let alone Texas

Synagogues aren't that hard to find in Texas. There's around a dozen in my city alone.

Last edited:

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, I hope nobody gets hurt in all this.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Someone who listened to the live stream said the terrorist claimed to be a homeless man and the Rabbi gave him shelter. They usually have alot of security but this guy knew how to get around it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it's so F'ed up. Our local JCC where my niece and nephew went to preschool and where I played in a bball league had to implement metal detectors and have a guard at all times. Fucked up and sad.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
My husband's rabbi knows the rabbi in Texas. I'm from Texas. Just awful. Fucking terrorists

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Surely such a high profile terrorist's friends and family would be monitored/tracked during travel and purchasing of weapons? Guess not though, unless "brother" in this case is symbolic.

acksman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah hopefully this ends peacefully, just down the road about 3 miles from this happening drove by it earlier, did not know what was going on.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they stop this with no murder and blood being spilled :(
Surely such a high profile terrorist's friends and family would be monitored/tracked during travel and purchasing of weapons? Guess not though, unless "brother" in this case is symbolic.
I don't think he knows her personally. Seems to be some nut job thinking she should be free so he did this anti semitic crime to free her. A hateful idiot is what he is.

Oct 27, 2017

There was an armed guard and a police car in the parking lot during my kids Bar and Bat Mitvah (they're close enough in age that we did it at the same time), kind of put a damper on it for me, my wife wasn't as bothered

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
There was an armed guard and a police car in the parking lot during my kids Bar and Bat Mitvah (they're close enough in age that we did it at the same time), kind of put a damper on it for me, my wife wasn't as bothered
Yeah it's shitty that it's needed but in todays world it seems to be.

This country is too insane to get rid of guns so i would rather they have that security. We don't want another Christchurch situation ever again if it can be stopped.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Horrible situation, I hope none of the Synagogue worshippers or Rabbi get hurt and that they are able to be saved as soon as possible.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that's the SWAT team...

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
just heard about the bang. It's all over twitter. But no report yet about what it was. Hoping for the best here. People are speculating police flash grenade.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Thank god. I wonder how worried they must have been to move in on him like this.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Islamophobic Conspiracy Theories
Not only terrorists are trying to get her free. Noted Jew hater Linda Sarsour.
CURLJY9.jpg
It's Cair a Muslim Brotherhood organization in the US fubded by Qatar and Turkey. It's not surprising Muslim Brotherhood are an extremely vocal antisemites.

Good that the situation is resolved.