• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Man. This takes me back to the shooting here in Pittsburgh several years back. Hoping for the best possible outcome…

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
abcnews.go.com

Standoff at Texas synagogue ends with all hostages safe, suspect dead

An elite FBI Hostage Rescue Team entered the synagogue and rescued the hostages.

An armed suspect claiming to have bombs in unknown locations took a rabbi and three others hostage at the Congregation Beth Israel, the source said. It is unclear to what extent the hostage-taker is armed.

The suspect's sister is a known terrorist who is incarcerated at Carswell Air Force Base near Fort Worth and he is demanding to have the sister freed, according to the source.

What the hell

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

Aafia Siddiqui (Urdu: عافیہ صدیقی; born 2 March 1972) is a Pakistani neuroscientist who was convicted of multiple felonies. She is serving an 86-year sentence at the Federal Medical Center, Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas.[SUP][9][/SUP]

Siddiqui was born in Pakistan to a Sunni Muslim family.[SUP][3][/SUP] For a period from 1990, she studied in the United States and obtained a PhD in neuroscience from Brandeis University in 2001.[SUP][10][/SUP] She returned to Pakistan for a time following the 9/11 attacks and again in 2003 during the war in Afghanistan. After his arrest and interrogation under torture, Khalid Sheikh Muhammad allegedly named her a courier and financier for Al-Qaeda, and she was placed on the FBI Seeking Information – Terrorism list; she remains the only woman to have been featured on the list.[SUP][11][/SUP][SUP][12][/SUP][SUP][13][/SUP] Around this time, she and her three children were allegedly kidnapped in Pakistan.[SUP][11][/SUP]

Five years later, she reappeared in Ghazni, Afghanistan, and was arrested by Afghan police and held for questioning by the FBI. While in custody, Siddiqui allegedly told the FBI she had gone into hiding but later disavowed her testimony and stated she had been abducted and imprisoned. Supporters believe she was held captive at Bagram Air Force Base as a ghost prisoner, charges the US government denies.

During the second day in custody, she allegedly shot at visiting U.S. FBI and Army personnel with an M4 carbine one of the interrogators had placed on the floor by his feet. She was shot in the torso when a warrant officer returned fire. She was hospitalized, treated and then extradited to the US, where in September 2008 she was indicted on charges of assault and attempted murder of a US soldier in the police station in Ghazni, charges she denied. She was convicted on 3 February 2010 and later sentenced to 86 years in prison.

Her case has been called a "flashpoint of Pakistani-American tensions",[SUP][14][/SUP] and "one of the most mysterious in a secret war dense with mysteries".[SUP][15][/SUP] In Pakistan her arrest and conviction was seen by the public as an "attack on Islam and Muslims", and occasioned large protests throughout the country;[SUP][16][/SUP] while in the US, she was considered by some to be especially dangerous as "one of the few alleged Al Qaeda associates with the ability to move about the United States undetected, and the scientific expertise to carry out a sophisticated attack".[SUP][11][/SUP] She has been termed "Lady al-Qaeda" by a number of media organizations due to her alleged affiliation with Islamists.[SUP][17][/SUP][SUP][18][/SUP][SUP][19][/SUP] Pakistani news media called the trial a "farce",[SUP][16][/SUP] while other Pakistanis labeled this reaction "knee-jerk Pakistani nationalism". The Pakistani Prime Minister at that time, Yousaf Raza Gillani, and opposition leader Nawaz Sharif, promised to push for her release.[SUP][16][/SUP]

ISIS have offered to trade her for prisoners on two occasions: once for James Foley and once for Kayla Mueller.[SUP][20][/SUP]

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
Apparently its an English guy?

A man with an English accent is said to be holding a rabbi and his congregation hostage at a US synagogue.
Police in Colleyville, Texas, surrounded Congregation Beth Israel and evacuated nearby residents.
Officers told people to avoid the area. The angry voice of a man with an English accent was heard through a live Facebook feed that was broadcasting the synagogue's sabbath service.
He appeared to be repeatedly demanding that negotiators "get my sister on the phone", as well as referring to spending time in England.
At one point he could be heard asking: "What the f--- is wrong with America?"
He was also heard to say "don't cry for me, I'm going to die" shortly before the livestream cut out.
It was not clear if the hostage taker had a weapon or what his demands were.
There were no reports of any shots fired or injuries. Colleyville Police said: "We are currently conducting SWAT operations around the 6100 block of Pleasant Run Rd. All residents in the immediate area are being evacuated. Please avoid the area."

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I don't have the mental energy or will right now to list all the massive amount of examples of Jews being attacked all over the world by these groups simply because they are Jewish.
Jews all over the world are being attacked by leftist groups you claim, yet don't want to provide any elaboration more than that because you don't feel like it. Got it, thanks for your input.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Jews all over the world are being attacked by leftist groups you claim, yet don't want to provide any elaboration more than that because you don't feel like it. Got it, thanks for your input.
Never bet against people hating Jews. Antisemites exist in basically all communities, and have for a long, long time.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I don't have the mental energy or will right now to list all the massive amount of examples of Jews being attacked all over the world by these groups simply because they are Jewish.
I don't know if I've ever heard of leftists attacking Jews. You can't come up with one example?

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay......the hell? So he's demanding the release of a prisoner. I doubt the government will comply nor do I think Britain will happily accept her if she is given the political climate. But why Texas? And why target a Jewish synagogue?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay......the hell? So he's demanding the release of a prisoner. I doubt the government will comply nor do I think Britain will happily accept her if she is given the political climate. But why Texas? And why target a Jewish synagogue?

The terrorist sister is located nearby.

Edit - Not actually his sister, but still a terrorist

Last edited:
May 14, 2021
I'm not denying that, but show me what leftist groups are normalizing antisemitism?
He didn't say groups. He said people on the far left. And he's right. But then again anti semitism exists within all groups of people. So his claim wasn't as incendiary as you're making it out to be. Also, everything doesn't have to be a damn fight.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
We'll then you really need to look into the history, because it's there from the very beginning.

But do that outside of this thread, it's been derailed enough.
Alright, good point. I'll look into it, my apologies for derailing.

On topic, this sounds like a terrible situation. I hope it can be diffused; I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for news as it unfolds

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hope this can end peacefully or at worst with the gunman down and nobody else. Because uh..... the convicted terrorist sister isn't getting released.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this can end peacefully or at worst with the gunman down and nobody else. Because uh..... the convicted terrorist sister isn't getting released.
Nope. I believe terrorists have offered to trade hostages for her in the past, and that obviously didn't happen. She's not going anywhere.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. I believe terrorists have offered to trade hostages for her in the past, and that obviously didn't happen. She's not going anywhere.

His sister is Lady Al Qaeda. MIT and Brandeis educated. She was caught with documents about weaponizing ebola.

foreignpolicy.com

Lady al Qaeda: The World's Most Wanted Woman

The Taliban wanted to trade Bergdahl for her. The Islamic State offered to swap Foley. Why does every jihadi group want the U.S. to free…
Siddiqui, 42, who's known in counterterrorism circles as "Lady al Qaeda," has been linked to 9/11 ringleader Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and was once on the FBI's most-wanted terrorists list. Educated in the United States — she studied at M.I.T. and received a doctorate from Brandeis — Siddiqui was arrested in 2008 in Afghanistan carrying sodium cyanide, as well as documents describing how to make chemical weapons and dirty bombs and how to weaponize Ebola.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
And why target a Jewish synagogue?
AmFuPrj.png