• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they don't bother anybody until somebody fucks with that box. What if solving the puzzle equivalent to banging on their front door and they acting in self defense?

Oct 27, 2017
god i wish i could drop some deep cenobite lore and blow your mind slayven,
i remember pinhead saying something like the cenobite home is a place of "infinite pleasure and pain, i prefer pain", so it's more about experience and sensation than good or evil. solving the puzzle box is basically saying "hay guise, i want 2 play"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. I'd consider Sadako evil and she doesn't do anything unless they step into her house.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
When that dude's daughter returns the box to that skinless dude so he can be sent back to Cenobite torture world, didn't they go apeshit and try to kill the daughter for no reason?

BlueKaty

Nov 30, 2020
Aren't they hell demons or whatever? I always thought they were an awesome version of the grim reaper.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
DisloyalUnsightlyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Oct 27, 2017
In the movies they don't really abide to the human concepts of good, evil and morality. They are neutral explorers of intense experiences of extreme pleasure derived from extreme pain.

In the Barker books Pinhead is literally a priest in Hell's clerical order, and ends up being killed by Lucifer because Pinhead stole his armour, woke up Lucifer and pissed him off. He's basically an evil priest that takes over Hell.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I made the mistake of listening to one of the audiobooks and pinhead is a fucking crazy sick sadistic asshole so yes absolutely.

Oct 28, 2017
Neutral. You have to go looking for them to have an interaction with them, but once you are in their presence...

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Oh one cool thing Baker did was in one of his books dead people still think after death. So the great minds continue to create long after their death but no one knew

Peebs

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 16, 2020
I remember Pinhead wanting to take the daughter to hell and visit torture upon torture on her just being around.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, the Cenebites are absolutely evil.

This reminds me that Sir Mix A Lot sampled Hellraiser

But that's nothing compared to Ice Cube and Predator 2

But Fresh Prince and A Nightmare on My Street might be my fav.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're amoral seeking only pleasure in its most extreme forms. They're mostly beyond the concepts of good and evil, its generally not a thought in their head. Its not torture to them, its art.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
Evil is such a dichotic word. Some good points brought up here. Personally, no. To me they seem like that's just normal for them. Like, I don't understand women who say "hit me" when you're fucking. I can't do it. I've lost girls because of it, twice. It seems wrong and abusive but I have had one ex explain that was me being blinded by perspective. She felt like it stimulated something and genuinely liked it in the moment.

that's why some worlds should not collide. powerman5k

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
They literally live in Hell and worship Leviathan, aka Satan. So yeah.

Like, I don't understand women who say "hit me" when you're fucking. I can't do it. I've lost girls because of it, twice. It seems wrong and abusive but I have had one ex explain that was me being blinded by perspective. She felt like it stimulated something and genuinely liked it in the moment.
Yeah I've had to bounce because of that too. It's to the point where I'll flat out say, if you're going to ask me to hit you, this isn't going to work.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
It's entirely dependent on which film you're talking about. In 1 and 2, they're neutral.

By the time we start getting to 3 and beyond they're depicted as explicitly evil.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, they are evil.

You might have a case if some of the later sequels didn't exist. But they do, and you don't.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Good and Evil are meaningless to those that are experience junkies.

Then Hellraiser 3 came out and ignored its own lore. Stupid movie.