• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I have been holding a virtual movie night over Discord every week with some friends and I have found that horror movies are always the most fun group viewing experience. Does anyone have any suggestions for good horror movies to watch with a a group of friends?

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
You're Next, Ready or Not, and Scream are all fun horror movies for group viewings IMHO.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love a good ghost story.

Lights Out
The Conjuring
The Blob

Basically any straightforward movie

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I tend to curate horror films for watching with my friend group because it's my favorite genre, here's some recent successes I've had for my group watches.

For movies that actually get good scares out of people:
Hell House LLC, It Follows, Gonjiam Haunted Asylum, Ghost Stories, Terrified, Banshee Chapters, REC, Evil Dead (Remake), Autopsy of Jane Doe

For "fun" horror that isn't scary, but just a blast to watch:
Dead Alive, Trick 'r Treat, Cabin in the Woods, Planet Terror, From Dusk til Dawn, I Am a Hero, Deathgasm, One Cut of the Dead

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors is fun as hell, as are most of the Friday the 13th films, especially 4 and 6.

Fright Night
Night of the Creeps
Zombie
An American Werewolf in London
The Thing
Silent Night Deadly Night 1 & 2
Evil Dead 2
Sleepaway Camp
Night of the Comet
The Lost Boys

Can't go wrong with any of those.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Go full camp. Watch Night of the Demons or Killer Klowns from Outer Space. If you don't have a good time with either of those; I don't know what to tell you.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Good group horror usually works best with a light touch. I recommend Return of the Living Dead, Scream, Trick R' Treat, and Ready or Not. Get Out and Us are also solid picks (although people get lost following Us's plot from time to time).

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
cabin the woods for sure. REC is a good shout too if ppl haven't seen it. The best of slow burns lol
Noroi too if ppl don't mind subs

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Since we've been cooped up due to covid I've been doing something similar with other Shudder subscribers, there's usually a pair of movies on Friday and Saturday nights (the Friday one being the new Joe Bob when that's in season). Some of my favorites have been Scare Package, Sleepaway Camp 2, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Wishmaster, Maniac Cop, and Pool Party Massacre. Basically horror that doesn't take itself too seriously or knows exactly what it is.