• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
It does not look that impressive I was hopping the game would be a showcase in PC but idk the lighting at night looks really off.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I really enjoyed my initial playthrough on the PS4 Pro when the game first released, the game was fun and looked gorgeous (still does) even then.

I struggled with combat in this because I am awful at shooting with a controller, I am so happy to revisit this world with a mouse and keyboard this time around.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the step hardware requirements won't stop too many people from buying HZD.
I'm curious to see how the game performs on PS4/Ps4Pro equivalent hardware and settings.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
www.pcgameshardware.de

Horizon Zero Dawn PC - Die ultimative Version des bildhübschen Hardware-Fressers [Update]

Jetzt aktualisiert: Die ehemalige Playstation-Perle Horizon Zero Dawn im Techniktest bei PCGH, mit Grafikkarten- und Prozessor-Benchmarks.

Annotation2020080520.png

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
No DLSS 2.0? Seriously what? After DS having it and it being on the same engine this has to be a money hat move by AMD. This went from pre-order to buy on sale.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
That PCGH benchmark is pitiful, wtf. Shit, I needed this to be (and primarily sell) well, given the possibility that Sony is testing the market.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
what a disappointment, really... seems as demanding as rdr2 with considerably less to show for it.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's too tough for me to justify a double dip with performance as it is now. Such a shame. Though it does sound fun to start up a new game on he PS4 Pro.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Well I was in the middle of playing the PS4 version for the first time when they announced it and was debating starting over on PC. Seems like it's not worth it.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
If The Division 2 or Devil May Cry V can run super smooth on PCs of both major GPU makers with AMD partnerships, I'm utterly baffled by the idea the Horizon port can't even manage "console settings at a reasonable FPS on machines above PS4 specs" without the ability to use something like DLSS.

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
So glad i didnt buy this yet. I was hoping for a beginning of good ps4 ports with bloodborne being next. :(

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.pcgameshardware.de

Horizon Zero Dawn: Grafik der PC-Version unter die Lupe genommen

Bereits auf der Playstation 4 und deren Pro-Variante war Horizon Zero Dawn eine Augenweide. Nach mehr als drei Jahren kommt der Titel nun auch auf den PC und beansprucht auch dort aktuellste Hardware bis ans Maximum. Wir sehen uns die Technik an, zeigen unsere Benchmarkszenen für Prozessor sowie...

Timestamp: 12:25

look at the shadow draw distance, holy shit. I expected much better. It also stutters sometimes...

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
This is some really, really bad performance god damn
Knowing that DLSS would double some of these hurts
DLSS really shouldn't be abused as a shortcut to decent performance. Probably one reason why Nvidia is currently restricting access to it and actively helps with implementation. It's also likely they want the "this great performing game can be played at 4k60 on an entry level card thanks to DLSS!" and not the "your 1200+ card can now run this game at 1080p60 with dips - exclusively with DLSS" coverage haha 😢

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Wow those are some disappointing benchmarks. I never finished the game and was eager to jump back in on PC but with my RTX 2060 I will probably wait and pick it on sale at some point next year after (hopefully) some patches.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this sounds like a super unoptimized port. Wasn't expecting that. Really disappointing, actually

2060 struggling for 30fps at 1440p max settings sounds insane. That's a much better GPU (and assumedly paired with a way better CPU) than the PS4 Pro, which is doing checkerboard 4K at probably low to medium settings at consistent 30.

Something is not right there.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
being upstaged by a another studio with your own engine is pretty embarrassing

these benchmarks even with the patch sound fucking awful, definitely a wait and see if it gets patched

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is so damn disappointing.

So glad I didn't buy the game yet though, because I almost had on more than one occasion. I think I'll wait to see if the performance improves, because boooooy that shit is unexpectedly godawful

Fanta

May 27, 2018
I'd really like to know what PC's were used by Guerrilla Games to test the PC port cause I don't know how you can release something with big performance issues like that without noticing on the very high end of PC's

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, 1080p/60fps dream is dead for my pc.
WUT
2020-08-05_201300.png

What in tarnation?

Between that and the CPU issues with stutter/frame skipping, not a good look.

I was really looking forward to this, but.....eesh. Definitely gonna pass/hold off now.

Really curious on how the RPS description/review (which is largely positive) is quite different than the majority of outlets (which trend more negative), though.

edit:

....a 2080TI for average 60 fps at 1080p (according to pcgameshardware.de)?

What in the world, lmao.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yikes not even stable 30fps on my 1070 at 1440p yeah i know it's not the fastest card anymore but still i think will refund if possible.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
DLSS really shouldn't be abused as a shortcut to decent performance. Probably one reason why Nvidia is currently restricting access to it and actively helps with implementation. It's also likely they want the "this great performing game can be played at 4k60 on an entry level card thanks to DLSS!" and not the "your 1200+ card can now run this game at 1080p60 with dips - exclusively with DLSS" coverage haha 😢
I agree. It shouldn't have to be used in games it shouldn't inherently be needed in, such as this one.
I'm just wishing there was something we could do as users to make up for the port, which sucks.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Damn they should just last minute delay at this point. A card above minimum spec not even hitting 20fps at 1080p is not good. Gotta be contender for worst PC port of the year.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I don't understand how you let your first PC game come out in a state like this. Just wow.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
portes by the studio that some of you genuinely believed could port any current-gen game to Switch >.>
although it's not their fault that you believed that, it's yours for misinterpreting their words and really, really wanting to believe...

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Well this fucking sucks man. I'm not paying 50 dollars so I can play at 40 fps on my 1080Ti.