• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
The problem is that the "original" graphics which are basically the PS4 and PS4pro settings run dreadful on GPUs that are much better. That and a whole host of other issues I will mention in my coverage.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not as many as some people think. While I think DLSS is fantastic technology, it's absolutely useless to me. Worse than useless if you're going to effectively make it a requirement to get good performance. DLSS should be a boost for those with really high resolutions or really high framerates, not a requirement for base-level performance.

While DS benefited from DLSS, it wasn't a requirement. You could easily get 60+ without it, which was good for the vast majority of people out there that can't use DLSS.

Absolutely true. DLSS hype is good and well, but I fear as it might get a wider adoption, devs will use it an excuse to put less time and resources into optimizing the general game. Hopefully that won't happen.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Also Death Stranding was developed with PC in mind and runs on a newer version of decima as well, doesn't it?
Yeah, I'm curious how much engine improvement in between those two games affected the DS port. Maybe there's some reason they couldn't just port HZD to the new engine as part of the process to port it to PC?

Oct 27, 2017
This seems very similar to the RDR2 launch on PC where there was a lot of talk of running the game in excess of 100 FPS before release and then reality quickly set in. This is probably for different reasons though, in any case glad I waited as I already played bits of the game on a PS4Pro and really didn't find anything special about it outside of the visuals and robot dinosaurs which wears off fairly quickly. I'll pick it up down the road if performance gets ironed out a bit for $15-20.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
GMG is sending the keys! Check your email or GMG profile.
I guess i am stuck with the game now lmao. Hopefully things will be improved with patches but i am really disappointed.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Seems Virtuous didnt do a great work with the port, hope they can fix it, this damn game is beatiful and deservs good performance.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have it on ps4 but haven't played much maybe 5 hours. Was thinking of picking up but with that US price and the performance problems I'll wait for a sale.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Weird It has the same CinemaScope black bars DS had. I thought it was probably a Kojima choice.
some 16:9 menus and the frosty glass look instead of black bars for the cutscenes is some real ????

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Does the foliage always being dynamic to Aloy have that much of a performance hit? i noticed she clipped through a lot of it on PS4 & thought that was a minor compromise for the density, but i can't imagine the performance hit would be that brutal.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Saw this in Durante's analysis:

As such, to get the best possible performance out of the game, you should disable its internal framelimiter and V-sync, play in exclusive fullscreen mode, and ensure that your GPU actually has access to the full PCIe bandwidth – and this is how I performed all tests in this article.

Anyone know how you actually can ensure this? Do you just not have open other applications that use the GPU?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Does the foliage always being dynamic to Aloy have that much of a performance hit? i noticed she clipped through a lot of it on PS4 & thought that was a minor compromise for the density, but i can't imagine the performance hit would be that brutal.
At least they should add an option to turn it off if it's destroying the performance. I would turn it off instantly.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great! Shame about no DLSS support but I'm glad some journalists are calling it now. Hopefully other journalists will follow suit next gen with all other AAA releases.

There is no reason not to have it, and if you are going to have a partnership with AMD, at least use their version of it.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Reads like this game would dick my 2070 super if I want to hit high frames at 1440p.... I guess 60 lock it is

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess I'm not buying this if my 1070 can't get me 60 fps on at least medium and 1440p. I know the game is probably super pretty at higher settings but I won't double dip unless I can get a locked 60 out of my rig somehow.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Well if I get any kind of performance problems I'm getting a refund, simple as.

Not dealing with shitty ports.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
If this struggles so much how tf is it going to run on minimum specs? Does it even hit 30 fps at 720p low?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Same here I plan on locking at 60fps on 1440p, should be doable according to some of the benchmarks for 2070 S.
The Durante article showed some decent CPU advantages so i'm hoping my i9 can maybe do some lifting, I really just want to play this game at 60 since I finished it at launch at 30 fps on a base ps4 lol.