• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Annotation2020080516.png

Poor Volta indeed.

Wait, does that show an RX590 outperforming a Vega 64?

Maybe this entire port is just a Sony psyop to make PC gaming look like crap compared to PlayStation.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
I've already purchased the game and I'm gonna play it either way, but the performance is definitely looking underwhelming from the initial benchmarks.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
After Death Stranding, this is going to get ripped to shreds if it runs poorly.

Should've been another Nvidia sponsored game.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got 1070 performance impressions at Original/Favor Quality setting? Looking at 1080p/60fps.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I have no issues with new games requiring more as we've been stagnant on the GPU front for a while. I hope we have a renaissance on the GPU front like AMD did for the CPU end.

I have no problem running it at 1440p to get a locked 60 on my end (2080 Super/9900k). I'll try it at 4k first and will see if we can get closer to 60 with some compromises.

I also hope they patch in DLSS 2.0 like other games have done.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So Gamersyde posted a few videos and they seem to get a few drops at 1440/Ultra on a 2080Ti/9900k but nothing substantial. I guess I'll have to lower some things to play at 3440x1440 or just play on the favor quality preset rather than the ultimate quality preset to get a locked 60.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
the giantbomb footage in ultrawide is delicious. it also looks like it runs really well. very tempted to jump back in.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Weird, RPS tech editor apparently got 60 fps @ 1080p on a 1060: (on "regular" settings
www.rockpapershotgun.com

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC comfortably outperforms PS4 in this brilliant port

Horizon Zero Dawn's recommended PC spec delivers a fantastic experience at 1080p, offering better graphics and faster speeds than PS4 even on a GTX 1060.

Getting some mixed messaging around the port quality. Hope my 1660ti can handle it.
I honestly have no idea how that was achieved. None whatsoever.
This is not possible on any hardware known to human kind, actually!

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Wait, does that show an RX590 outperforming a Vega 64?

Maybe this entire port is just a Sony psyop to make PC gaming look like crap compared to PlayStation.
There must something really strange going on with this games performance. Thankfully I won't be playing PC games for a few weeks anyway, so hopefully it'll be improves by then.

But yeah, now watch the PS5 Remaster run at 4K 60 Ultra.... :-P

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Whew, looks amazing in 1440p! I'll pick this up in the Steam sale since I beat this last year.

Is there a setting to change the button icons to Dualshock or Switch buttons? I love that Monster Hunter World has that option.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I just don't understand how this can run this badly compared to Death Stranding. Was extremely excited for this to.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
German site Computerbase has Benchmarks. Doesn't seem well optimized. 2080 Ti can't run native 4K/60 at Original (!) settings.
www.computerbase.de

Horizon Zero Dawn im Benchmark-Test

Mit Horizon Zero Dawn hat es das nächste PS4-exklusive Spiel auf den PC geschafft. ComputerBase hat sich die Technik genauer angesehen.

Ars Technica opted to hold our coverage until a pre-release patch went live. It was that bad. And Sony did a funky thing of lifting the embargo nearly the same hour as this crucial patch going live, so we would've been reviewing unfinished code that you would never see. I decided that wouldn't be responsible to tell you as PC players what to expect.

I'm waiting for about 35GB to download right now so I can run every test again on a pair of PCs. Fingers crossed. Tune into Ars either later today or early tomorrow to find out more.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
Ars Technica opted to hold our coverage until a pre-release patch went live. It was that bad. And Sony did a funky thing of lifting the embargo nearly the same hour as this crucial patch going live, so we would've been reviewing unfinished code that you would never see. I decided that wouldn't be responsible to tell you as PC players what to expect.

I'm waiting for about 35GB to download right now so I can run every test again on a pair of PCs. Fingers crossed. Tune into Ars either later today or early tomorrow to find out more.

The joy of day one (or nearly day one) patches.

I wanted to spend the weekend plaything this game.
I might end up spending the weekend looking into its performance state lol.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I simply don't understand how could they mess this up so much. Especially after great Death Stranding PC version... I am SO disappointed.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
The lack of DLSS is a damn shame. I guess Ultra is off the cards but since the settings are clearly labeled at least it'll be better than PS4's Original (and still gorgeous) settings.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how it plays with mouse + keyboard. I like the idea of aiming the bow with the mouse.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, RPS tech editor apparently got 60 fps @ 1080p on a 1060: (on "regular" settings
www.rockpapershotgun.com

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC comfortably outperforms PS4 in this brilliant port

Horizon Zero Dawn's recommended PC spec delivers a fantastic experience at 1080p, offering better graphics and faster speeds than PS4 even on a GTX 1060.

Getting some mixed messaging around the port quality. Hope my 1660ti can handle it.
On a 1060?
That was not my experience.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just don't understand how this can run this badly compared to Death Stranding. Was extremely excited for this to.
To be fair death stranding don't have high volumes of foliage and robodinos ai with all the particle effects. But when I highest end pc can't achieve locked 60 on a 3 year old game, you know something is fucked up

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019