• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
So how many of y'all double dipping? I feel bad double dipping and probably the only games I did it for was Destiny and Overwatch for PC. Which made sense given their nature. But this is mighty tempting. Just to see the game "unleashed"

Edit: lol didn't realize the double dipper sentiment was already strong in this thread. We going in????

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped the game way back then because I couldn't stand the input lag + no aim assist to hit the weakpoints. Its going to feel so much better at 100+ fps and mouse aim. Can't wait to give it another go.

May 25, 2019
London
Can't wait to play this again

So how many of y'all double dipping? I feel bad double dipping and probably the only games I did it for was Destiny and Overwatch for PC. Which made sense given their nature. But this is mighty tempting. Just to see the game "unleashed"

The price is a little high for double dipping for me personally, but I'm trying to vote with my wallet here in that I want to see more Playstation exclusives make their way to PC.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks really nice. In the videos I watched I did notice an occasional hitch. Hopefully that can be ironed out.
Maybe it was addressed in them, but I don't have audio rn D;
This was also notated in the patch notes as something they are looking into. I didn't have it but some did

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped the game way back then because I couldn't stand the input lag + no aim assist to hit the weakpoints. Its going to feel so much better at 100+ fps and mouse aim. Can't wait to give it another go.
The game on standard and lower difficulties actually does offer a bit of homing with arrows on to weakpoints. The highest difficultly removed that though.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely can't wait to play through this again, one of my favorite games of this gen.

I do think people shouldn't complain about the lack of DLSS, it's locked to one vendor which means it will never be standard on all games.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Look at that, a playable FoV. Bring this version to PS5, please.
In the steam forums when someone asked about FoV, a Guerrila dev chimed in and replied that FoV would not give you the intended experience that the developers wanted to give to customers but due to high demand, they caved in. So, if a lot of peeps don't demand it iam not sure if they'll add it on PS5.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Looks really nice. In the videos I watched I did notice an occasional hitch. Hopefully that can be ironed out -- if it's not hardware related or some other external factor. Maybe it was addressed in the videos, but I don't have audio rn D;

This is my personal experience, but I noticed hitching oftentimes when a UI objective updated. I had a hard time diagnosing it, but maybe it has to do with autosaves or something. That's my best guess at the moment.

Otherwise I had a really smooth time. According to Durante's IGN preview, I had all the right settings in place by happenstance to get the best performance (no in game frame limiter / vsync, fullscreen, etc.)

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmm if I can't get 60 FPS/1440p on a 2060 like I can with Death Stranding, I'm gonna pass on this and stick with PS4

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Releasing this right after Ghost of Tsushima was pretty smart imo. I know I've been itching for a similar-ish experience since beating Ghost, and after loving that game so much I'm curious to revisit Horizon to see which game was actually better. HZD is a great game and all these years I've been said what a fantastic debut it was, yet here comes Ghost and I think it might actually have topped Horizon, so very curious to see how I feel during this second playthrough.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
The DLSS thing is weird since Death Stranding also had some AMD promotional stuff. Or just to make sure is the HZD stuff CPU stuff or is it GPU.

GPU wise DS had Nvidia and they also did AMD CPU stuff.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The DLSS thing is weird since Death Stranding also had some AMD promotional stuff. Or just to make sure is the HZD stuff CPU stuff or is it GPU.

GPU wise DS had Nvidia and they also did AMD CPU stuff.
Do you think its a conspiracy and Sony just doesn't want their checkerboard rendering technique to look weak next to DLSS

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely can't wait to play through this again, one of my favorite games of this gen.

I do think people shouldn't complain about the lack of DLSS, it's locked to one vendor which means it will never be standard on all games.

The lack of dlss means the game most likely will perform quite a bit worse for people with Nvidia cards compared to comparable games with dlss. People have 100 % the right to complain about that. Of course who to complain to is another question, but it is a warranted complaint.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say it's reasonable to expect most upcoming AAA games to have it going forward. The benefits are too immense not to, and considering Nvidia has around 74% of the market on PC (going by the steam hardware survey), it's huge for most average PC players out there.

Oct 27, 2017

I disagree. As a customer why should I care if it's tied to Nvidia, it's a godsend of a feature and should be in as many games as possible. If AMD can't get their heads out of the sand and develop something equal it's their fault.

madridi-gh

Mar 25, 2018
That sweet sweet 60.

But looking at this HUD compared to Ghost of Tsushima wow lol.
Who haven't played the game yet, please use dynamic HUD is so much cleaner.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Given the benchmarks, the lack of DLSS makes me furious. Let's hope they patch it in past launch...

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Hope I can get 60fps at 1080p with reasonable setting with my 980ti. I was able to do it with Red Dead so hopefully I can get something good her too.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Ultrawide is great, but hopefully it supports vertical resolutions, as well.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
In the steam forums when someone asked about FoV, a Guerrila dev chimed in and replied that FoV would not give you the intended experience that the developers wanted to give to customers but due to high demand, they caved in. So, if a lot of peeps don't demand it iam not sure if they'll add it on PS5.

Hopefully they cave to demands for DLSS, because it sounds like the game would greatly benefit.

I'm surprised COD didn't decide to add it yet either.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Hopefully the complaints push AMD towards a DirectML equivalent because deep learning upscaling is clearly a smarter use of hardware resources.

If a 2080ti is barely cutting it at 4K for HZD then next gen is going to be rough.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. Amazing actually. As it did on PS4 pro. But in 60fps it will be something special.

Stickman

Oct 27, 2017
German site Computerbase has Benchmarks. Doesn't seem well optimized. 2080 Ti can't run native 4K/60 at Original (!) settings.
www.computerbase.de

Horizon Zero Dawn im Benchmark-Test

Mit Horizon Zero Dawn hat es das nächste PS4-exklusive Spiel auf den PC geschafft. ComputerBase hat sich die Technik genauer angesehen.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
The ACG review said there was a known bug with the 4k performance (doesnt affect lower resolutions)

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The ACG review said there was a known bug with the 4k performance (doesnt affect lower resolutions)
And that bug is...? 4K performance seems to be in line with what you would expect based on 1440p and 1080p numbers (computerbase article). Not sure what patch is going to do for 4K specifically here, make it perform at same framerate as 1080p? Not happening.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the complaints push AMD towards a DirectML equivalent because deep learning upscaling is clearly a smarter use of hardware resources.

If a 2080ti is barely cutting it at 4K for HZD then next gen is going to be rough.

I think it was always going to be rough. IMO PC has had it pretty easy these last few years especially for those going for very high frame rates. Requirements will definitely go up considerably once the cross-gen period ends in 2 or so years.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017

Edit: lol didn't realize the double dipper sentiment was already strong in this thread. We going in????
I'm voting with my wallet here. I want more Sony exclusives on PC! Double dipping even though I don't have a dedicated gaming PC right now lol
One of my all time favorite Sony exclusives, no more 30fps, life is good :)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
German site Computerbase has Benchmarks. Doesn't seem well optimized. 2080 Ti can't run native 4K/60 at Original (!) settings.
www.computerbase.de

Horizon Zero Dawn im Benchmark-Test

Mit Horizon Zero Dawn hat es das nächste PS4-exklusive Spiel auf den PC geschafft. ComputerBase hat sich die Technik genauer angesehen.
Damn, doesn't even have FidelityFX. AMD marketing for nothing