• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If someone is wondering..

It had estimated budget of 45 million $

And made over 250 million $ ( average price of 25$ considering it was on sale so many times)

Great game, good job on developers. Cant wait for their next game

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Old thread, but I'm happy to celebrate Horizon any day of the week. Still my favorite new IP this generation.
6500832-tumblr_omaynkcedy1rttv88o3_540.gif

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Well deserved. As much as the story was rubbish, as much as I really enjoyed the game.
I didn't care for the story myself. Or the characters, which were all this same note; super serious survivalist hipsters. There was no laughing or love or joy in the world. The open world was hemmed in by impassable mountains which made it feel like you were actually playing in large gutters of land, not an open world. Lots of obvious gates. The human conflict was very uninteresting, and the human takedowns and human camps felt like padding.

I'm not buying HZD2 unless I see some tone changes and a complete de-emphasis on human conflict. The game could benefit from multiplayer too and become a sort of western sci-fi Monster Huinter.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I was one of the people who gave up on it a few hours in. Wasn't grabbing me. I eventually went back and beat it and it ended up being one of my favorite games this generation. So happy I went back to it.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
IMO the best PS4 game this gen. The (assumed) sequel will get me to buy a PS5.

Well deserved success.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care for the story myself. Or the characters, which were all this same note; super serious survivalist hipsters. There was no laughing or love or joy in the world. The open world was hemmed in by impassable mountains which made it feel like you were actually playing in large gutters of land, not an open world. Lots of obvious gates. The human conflict was very uninteresting, and the human takedowns and human camps felt like padding.

I'm not buying HZD2 unless I see some tone changes and a complete de-emphasis on human conflict. The game could benefit from multiplayer too and become a sort of western sci-fi Monster Huinter.

I hope you don't buy it then.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I hope they implement lots of the mechanics from Death Stranding regarding world interaction, and movement.

Hope the wait isn't too long.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite open world game this gen. Just a beautiful game all around and one of my favorite endings ever.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019

Yeah, I fell the same about this game, the graphics and art direction was really good though, but eveything about the story and characters felt like it hasn't any charisma, Aloy for me is a really overrated and robotic protagonist.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
IMO the best PS4 game this gen. The (assumed) sequel will get me to buy a PS5.

Well deserved success.

Only game this gen I've replayed entirely four times, best one for sure

There was no laughing or love or joy in the world.

And thank god for that, sick of this shit everywhere. Aloy was on a road that mattered to her first and foremost and it was all about understanding that mysterious past of both herself and the world she was in

Possibly the best story of this gen along with Original sin 2

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Over time I've appreciated this game more in my mind, despite not having played it since I completed it close to a year ago. I made a thread back then complaining about how my expectations weren't met and that a lot of things I looked forward to fell flat. Regardless, I still think it's a good game and I'm itching to replay it, but I know I'll encounter the same problems. I'm hoping the sequel improves.