• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Amazing game .loved it .hope next one takes Mel combat to the same level of ranged combat .

And less hololens audio playing ;)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
A co-op mode atleast. Fighting a super Robots while a buddy sets up an ambush not far away would be real fun.

As I said before, Guerilla should take notes from Monster Hunter.

The current feel of if Horizon had a Multiplayer is via Monster Hunter World with Aloy's costume & quest.

They should take the concepts & inspirations from that.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Bravo to Sony and supporting fantastic single player games!

The PS5 will be in a great position if the sequel is a launch or launch-window title.

Oct 25, 2017
Even though you are right - you know exactly why such a comment would trigger people.
This is a positive news and you are kinda shitting on it with your remark.

Outside of maybe Rockstar games every PS4/XBO AAA console games hits 20/30 bucks after a couple of months. Just look at Assasins Creed Odyssey - you can get it for 20 bucks even though it was a sales hit. Thats just the market.
You literally have people here calling the game average. But sure I'm shitting on it (what's with Era and that phrase, anything that's not outright positive is shitting on something, and that's not an exaggeration). If that triggered you, a complete non insult over a VIDEO GAME, again, that's on you.

I said, I hope they made they their money before the drop, someone said they were close to 8 and that they sold 2+ in the first two weeks. I got my answer then. Anything past that was unnecessary.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
It's also worth pointing out that something changed this gen. Playstation always sold a lot of consoles but their exclusives never moved too many copies but this gen only we have Uncharted 4, Horizon, God Of War and Spider-Man above 10M copies sold. I don't know if it's marketing, different appeal of the games, more hardcore consumers or other reason but they're making a lot of progress in selling their exclusives and it seems the games are resonating with people.

Gran Turismo would like to have a word with you. They sold multiple 10M+ games for 3 generations in a row, playstation always had exclusives that sold very well way before this gen.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
VERY well deserved. It's my personal favorite PS4 title as well and favorite game this console generation.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Glad it's done so well. Well deserved for Guerilla and props to them for succeeding at making a game so far outside their wheelhouse. My second favorite game this generation so far behind God of War.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I said, I hope they made they their money before the drop, someone said they were close to 8 and that they sold 2+ in the first two weeks. I got my answer then. Anything past that was unnecessary.
Ill agree with that - seems like you concern was cleared up then.

PS. Not triggered, just telling you why people would be offended by your post.
Wondering if one of the biggest success stories of the generation made some money before price drops is a weird take.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
How do these sales compare to the Killzone franchise?

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
It's also worth pointing out that something changed this gen. Playstation always sold a lot of consoles but their exclusives never moved too many copies but this gen only we have Uncharted 4, Horizon, God Of War and Spider-Man above 10M copies sold. I don't know if it's marketing, different appeal of the games, more hardcore consumers or other reason but they're making a lot of progress in selling their exclusives and it seems the games are resonating with people.
How did Gran Turismo Sports do? GT was the initial Sony franchises that would consitently sell 10mil+ with each release

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who would you even want from Sony to make an FPS that's already being dominated & supported by plenty of 3rd Party Publishers.

Insomiac & Guerilla Games never got near the success & acclaim they got from Spider-Man & Horizon: Zero Dawn with Resistance & Killzone.
Yeah it doesn't really makes sense business wise. But I think all the people that had been praising Titanfall 2's campaign makes me think there might be place for a good FPS campaign. Though I have no idea which studio should make one. Back to GG I guess.

curlycare

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, one of the few console games this generation I've bothered to finish. I hope they bring in more rpg elements and more robust melee system for the sequel.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I was worried Horizon hadn't sold that well considering how crowded that year was. Glad to be wrong. The game is fantastic and deserves it's success.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite new Sony IP of the gen by far and one of my favorite on the system. I wonder if Horizon 4 is late PS4 or PS5 launch year. I can't even imagine how good that world could look on PS5 but I would understand if they wanted to make it cross gen and maximize the userbase

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Massive congratulations to Guerilla Games and Sony.

Horizon was an amazing game and a fantastic new IP. Here's to more games in the franchise in the relatively soon future :)

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You say this, but here is your response to the post that told you they sold 2M in the first two weeks:
See how much extra you're putting on my post that I didn't say. Don't take "happy for the milestone, but hope they made money" as a put down for something you like. Jesus Christ.
You seem more defensive than the people you're calling triggered in this thread if that's you're reaction to a post that highlights why being concerned about profitability of one of the biggest success stories this console gen seems unwarranted. You do you, though. 10 million sales for an exclusive title is pretty much a surefire success that shouldn't need qualification, short of the game being literally given away for free. With a production budget under $50 million, the game would have been a massive success at a third of these sales.

Oct 27, 2017
It's great to see the only big Dutch development studio have such a succes. :)

Their rise to prominence has been really impressive. I remember being so hyped for Killzone back in the day, and really quite disappointed with the final product. Then KZ2 was great but KZ3 felt like a step back, and Shadow Fall a step back even further. They've always had really great tech ever since the second game, but HZD was the first time they genuinely backed it up with good game design as well. I hope they continue to grow and find success, and I can't wait for Horizon 2.

Splatoon at 13.2 million.
And maybe Sea of Thieves. We#ll get an update in 1 month.

Um, the whole Splatoon series might be at 13.2 million sales, but no way has Splatoon 1 sold that much by itself. I remember it being around 4.5 million when Splatoon 2 launched, and given how it didn't get ported the Wii U fell on its arse it's extremely unlikely to be above 5 million by now.

And fucking lol at the notion that Sea of Thieves might have sold more than 10 million copies.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The gameplay was so good in Horizon: Zero Dawn. Fighting the robots was just superb. Played like a proper, linear action game despite being an open world RPG.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll either be Far Zenith or Odyssey, I imagine. Who knows though? They could honestly still call it HZD2.
Maybe it's even more simple than you thought. Horizon New Dawn makes sense and sounds better than Far Zenith.
Zenith as a word doesn't sound that good and is hard to spell in a few countries (thanks to the "th".)

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
It was a phenomenal game, so they definitely deserve it. I bought a PS4 Pro just for this game before it released and I didn't regret it at all.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It was a great game. Still need to do the DLC.

The fact that the DLC has technological and directional improvements become evident from the first moments you enter and get into a dialogue sequence with a quest giving NPC.

I left to do the DLC portion right before the final main mission. Coming back to it later, the difference felt stark in some places.

Suffice it to say, if the DLC was any indication of the types of improvements we can expect in the narrative department, it will truly be great progress.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Amazing! Well deserved. Like I said, it's the best new IP of this gen for me and my GOTY 2017 :)

Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us 2, Spider-Man, God of War and Death Stranding will all sell well over 10 million.
What a great achievement by Sony's Worldwide Studios.
(Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man and God of War already are well beyond 10 million by now.)
I'm fairly confident Days Gone will too but maybe not a strong quickly. I still need to get Frozen Wilds!

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
The game and the DLC together were like $20 and sometimes $10 last year.

Happy for the milestone, but hope someone actually made money after the price drop.
You must be a Nintendo fan because only Nintendo fans take 'Pride' in that their favourite company don't cut the prices of their games!
Edit: i meant Vocal minority of Nintendo fanboys

Last edited:

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Gran Turismo would like to have a word with you.

He's still kinda right, though. On the PS3, for example, there were loads of critically acclaimed exclusives, but they didn't sell huge numbers. They did okay, but not amazing. That's changed this generation, as they're now finding both critical and commercial success.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly confident Days Gone will too but maybe not a strong quickly. I still need to get Frozen Wilds!
I think Days Gone will sell around 5 million copies worldwide. Which will be a huge success for Bend Studio with their first big AAA game, after being such a small studio for so long :)

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
When you realize TLOU has sold 17 million copies worldwide in 5 years on two platforms... that's some incredible numbers for a new IP (with any mp bs) available only on PS4!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I think Days Gone will sell around 5 million copies worldwide. Which will be a huge success for Bend Studio with their first big AAA game, after being such a small studio for so long :)
maybe i am not the best at tracking potential sales, but i have a feeling Days Gone will be bigger than you think, by a fairly large margin. i realized this when i saw a local sports website making an article on the game. that was really surprising. game is gonna do big numbers, especially if they use their markeing money with TWD and promo in the cinema as it launches on the same day as avengers.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I dont see Days Gone hitting those numbers this late into the generation and with TLOU 2 + PS5 creeping int he back as well.
It would have to be a +93/94 MC game to even have a shot at these kind of numbers and i dont see that happening as of right now. Especially since people will always compare it what we have seen from TLOU 2 so far.

You must be a Nintendo fan because only Nintendo fans take 'Pride' in that their favourite company don't cut the prices of their games!
You dont have to make one stupid comment about stupid console wars again.
I swear you guys always finds reasons to shit up threads with irrelevant stuff from this to bringing up Sea of Thieves and its GamePass performance...lol.