• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Downloaded instead of pre-loaded, now at 60% optimization and moving

Is there a performance thread? I'll search again

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's what the ingame benchmark is giving me:
1440p/Ultra
2080Ti, 3900x

horizonzerodawn_2020_dvks3.png

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
How they do 21:9 cutscenes is terrible solution. Added "frosted" side bars and they re-project assets from edges of 16:9 scenes into it. It leads to very shitty looking doubling. See in screenshot below.

lRWyvX6.png

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
According to Dictator, the Meridian area that the benchmark runs through is lighter than the other more forested areas in the game. Also goddamn that 15 FPS minimum
To be fair, every single benchmark I've ever tried has a hickup at the beginning that always is the minimum framerate that gets logged.

It's way more important the 95%-99% value there.

Lucentto

Oct 25, 2017
I said in another I wouldn't get it due to the reports, but I ended up buying it anyway because I was curious on how bad this port is. I played the beginning a bit in 1440p and was getting a solid 90 - 100 fps. I doubt the performance would drop that much during heavier areas so it seems fine? Though for some reason my HDR isn't working, anyone got that configured yet? I'm running 3700x/2080S.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
So.... I boot the game and it takes like 5 minutes to adjust the "assets" according to the load sceeen. Then an unskipable cutscene starts. After that I get into the menu and can finally adjust my settings. I turn the game off to force ani. Filtering from nvidia panel. After booting the game I get the same unskipable cutscene again.

Jeesus... I have a feeling this is going to be the easiest refund in a while..

1st edit. And the game fucking crashed, now im watching the same stuoid fucking video a third time.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Running the benchmark. Enabling adaptive resolution seems to have done fuck-all. I don't see any difference compared to having it disabled.

AGN

Alt Account
Banned
May 13, 2020
I said in another I wouldn't get it due to the reports, but I ended up buying it anyway because I was curious on how bad this port is. I played the beginning a bit in 1440p and was getting a solid 90 - 100 fps. I doubt the performance would drop that much during heavier areas so it seems fine? Though for some reason my HDR isn't working, anyone got that configured yet? I'm running 3700x/2080S.

Are getting the stutter than was shown in the df video?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Wonder what is going on with those feathers, render compile messed something up?

vMQIzH3.png

They render correctly in e.g. that "cave" where you first have control of Aloy.

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder what is going on with those feathers, render compile messed something up?

vMQIzH3.png

They render correctly in e.g. that "cave" where you first have control of Aloy.

I have the same issue. The fur shader is broken in outdoor lighting, it is really noticable on Rost's fur clothing - half transparent dithering effect.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a small stutter when the UI changes, after opening a door, after a cutscene or when a mission objective updates.

But the game looks beautiful.

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'm done until it is patched. Although performance was fine for me and the frame-pacing seemed OK at the start, the UI update and camera change stutters are far too distracting for me. Not to mention the fur shader issue.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a 1080ti at 3440x1440 and using Original settings things are really smooth. I'm still in the early tutorial but I'm holding a pretty darn stable 60fps. Those hitches are there but the frame rate is higher then I imagined. I presume it'll drop more once I'm out of this valley opening area though.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Playing at a mixture of high and ultra settings (Shadows and Clouds at High with Reflections at Medium) at 3440x1440. Have been getting between 60-70 fps so far, but the stuttering is real. Anything from general travel to notifications can lead to stutters. Have only gotten through the beginning so far (kid Aloy part), so can't tell you much beyond that.

Playing on a 2080ti, 9900k, and 32GB of RAM.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
wow, that is how it should have looked in the first place.
Maybe there are some bigger performance issues with widescreen cut scenes?
Or the widescreen has "cliping" during cut scenes, like going into the ground or building on the sides?

It's probably that they couldn't be sure there wouldn't be any problems accross all the cutscenes, and didn't have the time or didn't want to put the effort into QA.

Still, they should just give you an option and a warning: "Enable ultra wide cut scenes. Warning: The cut scenes were mastered at 16:9, you might see some minor artifacts not present in the 16:9 presentation while they play".

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
As for the benchmark 87fps with an 3600x and a 5700, we will see how that traslate to gameplay.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Main issue I'm really noticing so far is the stutter on UI update (when objectives change / get crossed off) which is pretty annoying during early quests that are constantly updating. Everything else seems solid / or I'm not noticing it as much so far.

It also seems to run much better in Fullscreen, if anyone hasn't switched to that yet.

Techno