• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting strategy and one that I don't think will affect the brand. You put out a game on PC over three years after the console game, right as potential sequels are getting off the ground, you've potentially a new audience there.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well there it is!

Amazing news. Guaranteed Sony does this going forward. I put it at 12 to 18 months after console launch to begin with.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
We get Horizon, Deathstranding, Killer Instinct, Octopath, TW101, Street Fighter V.

PC seems to be housing everyones exclusives these days.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
RITXkyj.gif

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let everybody on pc play horizon 1. Starves for the sequel. Tease the sequel for ps5.
Smart. It made its money on PlayStation. Good move

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. Now get some GOOD regional pricing. MS actually does good with that for its games on Steam. Sony, from what I've seen with Death Stranding on the other hand...

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Late ports probably happening, day and date not happening.

Not happening at this juncture, sure. But if Horizon and other belated ports sell well, then that's incontrovertible evidence for Sony that there is absolutely a sizeable audience on PC who either don't want to or can't commit to PlayStation as a gaming platform, and at that point day-and-date releases become the natural next step. I'd say we're at least a couple of years removed from that, however.

Last edited:

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Is this pretty much solely because of Hulst? GG seem like the type of developer that would relish the chance to take advantage of PC hardware. I wonder if we'll see any improvements to HZD...and where will it be sold?

Deleted member 932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Exclusives kind of stop being system sellers after a year or two. Sales on PS4 have probably plateaued, while on PC the game will find a brand new audience

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Wouldn't mind waiting for 2-3 years to play PS exclusive on PC

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

Sounds like he's using Horizon as crack. The first hit for free, next hit, you gotta pay up.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Not happening at this juncture, sure. But if Horizon and other belated ports sell well, then that'll tell Sony there is absolutely a sizeable audience that either don't want to or can't commit to PlayStation as a gaming platform, and at this point day-and-date releases become the natural next step.

I think they're more interested in selling PlayStation consoles with new exclusives.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy times. Can't wait to see how it looks.

EDIT: Published by PlayStation Mobile?

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Holy shit

Hopefully someone can mod in a 'lock camera position option'. I literally can't play the game without getting motion sick so that would make things so, so much better.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
What level GPU do we think it would take to render this game at native 4k? With the absence of checkerboard at the driver level for PC GPUs I wonder if native 4k performance will match PS4 on an older GTX980, for example.

I guess, they could include checkerboard in the game itself though.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Good move, exhaust sales on console and then some years down the line release for PC for some extra revenue.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC."

Anyone who's actually disturbed by games becoming more available on other platforms probably doesn't need to be taken seriously.

Yeah, that was my immediate thought reading that.

(also, I love your avatar)

Good it's getting a PC release though. I won't double-dip, but I should really get around to playing the expansion for this.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
"I think it's important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they've been missing out on," he said.

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

i see this as lowkey confirmation that Horizon 2 is a Ps5 launch game.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Alright. Now get some GOOD regional pricing. MS actually does good with that for its games on Steam. Sony, from what I've seen with Death Stranding on the other hand...

I believe that was 505 Games publishing the PC version of Death Stranding, not Sony. So there's still some hope.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is going to turn into a ton of port-begging, but my mind races at 4K Bloodborne at 60fps with chromatic aberration turned off.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Awww...was hoping it'd be closer, either this month or April. :(

Curious to see if it'll be timed during/around E3 time to go along with Horizon 2 reveal.

(Also curious to see which/what service(s) Sony decides to launch it with)

edit: Also, obligatory Bloodborne port-beg.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
I really do hope Dreams is next to come to PC. Or Bloodborne since I never finished it because the frame rate issues gave me a headache to play.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
The "insider" that said this was never going to happen even after Jason said it was happening, lmao

A flop

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC."

Anyone who's actually disturbed by games becoming more available on other platforms probably doesn't need to be taken seriously.

Since the PC doesn't require SSDs some might think that those PS5 exclusives will be held back by a potential PC port down the line...

Status
Not open for further replies.