• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
No DLSS 2.0 is a mega bummer from me - it absolutely SPANKS in Death Stranding.

But everything else looks very very excellent. I am happy it has more features like the foliage and reflections to not make the game looks awkward in those areas like it did on Playstation consoles.

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
I'm excited for it to be on PC. Will wait to purchase for a small discount and hopefully there is some neat mods added by the time I decide to buy as well.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's £32.99 in the UK. With the current sale you get a further £5 off, though. £27.99 is good enough for me.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
capturehbj5h.png

yesssss!

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Seeing as this'd be a double dip, I'm definitely waiting til I can get this cheaper. I do want to check it out though, playing this with unlocked framerate will be great

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Looks like they pushed out the LoD ?

Also, based on the benchmark results in the trailer it averages 60fps at 1080p standard settings on an RX580 and Ryzen 1500X. Should run really well.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
By then I already finished playing Ghost. Already platinumed it on PS4, Might pick this up again just for ultrawide and unlocked FPS alone.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that 60fps trailer looked good. I only have a GTX1080 so probably can't turn the graphics up too high, but ultrawide/60 is tempting to consider double dipping - never played the Frozen Wilds part either.

Oct 27, 2017
I think there's something screwy going on with the pricing. In the UK, it's £32.99 on Steam, and £39.99 on EGS. I suspect the latter was their intention, so if you're on the fence about it, and you're in a lucky regional pricing area, I'd probably go for it now on Steam (especially if you still have the £5-off deal).

Personally, I think even £33 is a bit much for such an old game, but I'll certainly check it out if it comes down in price (what's a few more years after waiting so long eh?).

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
There was no way the game wasn't going to be full price. I'm astounded anyone thought differently. It's barely three years old.

A new version of the complete game is absolutely worth full price, though. There are some pretty significant improvements over the PS4 version.

Plum

May 31, 2018

No option to lock Aloy's position on-screen sucks but the addition of an FOV option should really help me in that regard.

I literally couldn't play the original for that long because Aloy's constantly-shifting position on screen + the narrow FOV made me feel queasy.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Deadly Premonition 2, Death Stranding, Horizon, Cyberpunk 2077...finally games for me in 2020

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to trying this out. Essentially looks like a marginally more refined version to what I played on PS4 Pro, which was already easily one of the best looking games this gen. Sure it will shine on PC.

Mmkay. So with that logic 50% of the Switch library should release at 5-10$.

Oh god, don't remind me of Switch scalping, i mean pricing.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
If I didn't already play and beat it I would jump at it for 50$, but as I have, I'll wait for it to drop to 20-30.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Looks great but it's a wait for sale for me when the price right now is really high - 50€ - for a PC port of a 3-year old game

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
Regional pricing is insanely good.
13$ in Russia, half the local full-price.
I wonder if Sony is following Microsoft who also lowballing their Steam versions here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me wish for a performance mode in HFW on PS5.

Probably won't double-dip since I've already finished the game way back.

ooh this is a good point. If the dynamic foliage and other additions are new, I could see a definitive version on PS5 (ideally free update if you own on PS4)

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
The game's UI is really inaccessible for me so I'm hoping this will open the door for mods that can help in that regard.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Man, seeing that trailer reminded me how good this fucking game is. I went in blind about a year after it came out and was just blown away.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
bPPOKGn.png

Is it just me or does the performance seem pretty good considering this benchmark lists a 580 and Ryzen 1500, unless I'm reading too much into it

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Aw hell yeah I'm so ready to drop $30 on....Fifty Dollars?!! Waaaat?

This is a $10 PS4 game. Looks like I'll be waiting or buying a key on the player marketplace.