• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC - Patch 1.02 is now available

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of your reports and posts; following Patch 1.01 our teams have been working hard to address more issues in Patch 1.02, which is now available to download.

This patch aims to resolve some of the more frustrating crashes we've been seeing since launch. We are aware that there's still unresolved issues based on your feedback, so please know that we continue to investigate and work on solutions.

If you continue to experience crashes after Patch 1.02, please send us your crash reports, or alternatively go here to report any other problems you may encounter.

We sincerely appreciate all of your feedback even if we're not able to respond to every single report. Please find below the Known Issues as well as the patch notes for update 1.02!

–Guerrilla

Known Issues
  • Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
  • Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 and Patch 1.02 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
  • Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
  • Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
  • Some players with a non-Latin-1 codepage may have had their save games missing after Patch 1.01, we have a script that can help relocate the missing save games. Please reach out to our team here using "Report Other Issue" for support.
  • We're aware of and continue to investigate issues on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!

Patch Notes
Crash Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some players would crash during their first game boot when the 'game optimization' screen is active and they ran out of disc space.
  • Fixed an issue where some players would crash if they updated their video drivers after the game was already optimized previously.
  • Fixed an issue where some players would crash during gameplay because of memory incorrectly being overwritten.
  • Fixed an issue where some players would crash during gameplay due to a texture unstreaming bug.
Game Improvements
  • Improved performance when auto-saving (e.g. when completing a quest step).
  • Fixed an issue where some players experienced that V-sync wouldn't properly turn off in borderless mode
  • Fixed an issue where some players experienced out of sync facial animations due to them being locked at 30FPS.
  • Reduced memory used when streaming shaders.
Other changes
  • Improved crash report flow and messaging. Each crash now includes an identifier you can use to communicate with our Customer Support.
  • Added more features to improve diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.

Source: r/Horizon

Last edited:

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully I can get further in the game now. I made it to the town where you do the Proving, and crashed every 5 minutes or so and could not progress the story.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Yeah I'll definitely hold out buying this until 2021. Outrageous that paying customers are essentially BETA testers.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Thats a pretty lenient patch notes list if you ask me, the game is riddled with issues,

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Thats a pretty lenient patch notes list if you ask me, the game is riddled with issues,

This is their second patch in two weeks.
We'll see if they can tackle all the issues in time.

I think the fix most people are after is consistent performance and a couple of graphical setting corrections.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Still can't fix AF...
Also do we need new thread for every, little patch released when we have OT for the PC version of the game + PC performance thread? Just asking because i am not a fan of discussing the same thing in multiple threads.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Probably in some small support capacity. To their and Sony's shame they farmed it out and we got a mediocre port.

I hope it doesn't delay the 2nd game in any way. But yeah this needs to be fixed. They brought this on themselves anyway.

Last edited:

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Still can't fix AF...
Also do we need new thread for every, little patch released when we have OT for the PC version of the game + PC performance thread? Just asking because i am not a fan of discussing the same thing in multiple threads.

I think we need a new thread for each patch as it let's people waiting to buy the game know when it's fully fixed.

I'm not following the OT (spoilers etc).

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining
We gonna get a thread every time a new patch drops for this that fixes like 2 things?

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I think we need a new thread for each patch as it let's people waiting to buy the game know when it's fully fixed.

I'm not following the OT (spoilers etc).
Personally I disagree if every worthwhile game is posting their patch notes as a new thread then you won't ever see the news.
For example just total war, PDS games and some VR ea games I could post patch notes every week. And that is like 10 games or so.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Atleast they're pumping out improvements every week. Should've delayed it a month to get past beta

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
At this rate I'll buy the game sometime in the fall. Still a lot left to fix. But progress is good.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
We gonna get a thread every time a new patch drops for this that fixes like 2 things?
Why am I the only one who got a warning for this? I'm not even the only one on this page who brought this up. As NeoRaider said, we already have 2 threads for the PC version of this game. When a patch drops that fixes a ton of issues, sure then I think its a worthwhile idea to make a thread. Until then, don't we have enough places already to discuss minor patches?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I disagree if every worthwhile game is posting their patch notes as a new thread then you won't ever see the news.
For example just total war, PDS games and some VR ea games I could post patch notes every week. And that is like 10 games or so.

You will because nobody's gonna bother posting in those threads and they'll fall from the first page right away.

It's a noteworthy port of a huge game that launched in notoriously bad shape. If Total War Troy had launched as a total dumpster fire that could barely be run on the same computers Warhammer 2 and Three Kingdoms ran well on, had broken physics and a 15 minute initial install, it might be more appropriate there.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Seems like it will be a while until they fix all the issues people have been reporting.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
If a HUGE game like HZD(1st party PS4 exclusive formerly) had a near disaster launch such as this on a platform like PC where devs sometimes deliberately release ports that are undercooked and need more time in the oven, i think its OK for new thread for each patch as it keeps the people who are waiting to buy the game, updated. For a normal game, i agree that it doesn't need a new thread for every new patch.

Last edited:

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Why am I the only one who got a warning for this? I'm not even the only one on this page who brought this up. As NeoRaider said, we already have 2 threads for the PC version of this game. When a patch drops that fixes a ton of issues, sure then I think its a worthwhile idea to make a thread. Until then, don't we have enough places already to discuss minor patches?
Please feel free to use the ignore thread function in case it bothers you.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Glad UI update stutters are gone. That was the main issue for me. Now, if they can improve the performance enough so that I can get 45 fps at 3840x1600 instead of the 30 I'm getting now, the game would be perfect for me.
The AF thing is really easy to fix (force through NVCP). Never was a problem for me.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I love the fact that these updates are less than 2MB each. The game was content-complete at launch of course, still impressive. Warcraft 3 updates f.e. can be anywhere between 300MB to 1GB, and that game came out 18 years ago!

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid to update, because I managed to get my game running smoothly and without crashing at 1440p ultra, as long as I cap it at 30fps. But I'll go ahead since this patch specifically mentions issues I've been dealing with.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020

This is important guys. As well all know there are only so many threads Era can support. I think we're already up to 90% capacity. I for one think we should only make critically important threads fom now on, specifically threads critically important to me.

So cringe yourself to a new era threads, and anything discussing CRPGs from now on, ok?

This way Era can last atleast another couple fo months before we run out of thread space and have to start a whole new forum.