• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nerdcy

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I love Horizon and don't really like the souls games. But I will have to split PS5 time with the hubby who will play Elden Ring.

May 22, 2018
Nope. I'm knee deep in HFW and already dropped DL2 for it. Even though ER is already preloaded, it can wait until I finish the other two.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I beat Horizon this afternoon and while I still want to do a ton of side content, I'll take a break. That said, I'm waiting on Elden Ring until a price drop. Just not a big Souls fan and don't want to get caught in the hype like I did with Bloodborne before realizing it still isn't for me. But I'll try it with reviews like this. Probably when it hits 40.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
No, playing both at the same time, obviously I will focus mostly (if not only) on ER the first 2, 3 days but after that I will go back and forth with both games.

Oct 31, 2017
Nope.
HFW -> filler(no open world) -> short filler (no open world) -> Elden Ring.

If GoW:R is out when I'm playing Elden Ring, I will drop it for GoW.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I've purposely played very little of Horizon because I knew I would drop it for Elden Ring.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I skipped Horizon this time cuz I'm just finishing off Monster Hunter Rise (PC), should be hitting HR100 tonight in time for Elden Ring tomorrow, w00t!

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know. I think I'm getting to a really good part in Horizon, I'm eager to keep playing. But, I also want to jump into Elden Ring Day 1.

Maybe mostly Elden Ring and do some side quests in Horizon here and there.

Exist 2 Inspire

Powered by Friendship™
Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Probably not. I might play Elden Ring for a couple of hours just to check it out but Horizon is definitely my priority right now.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I'm not enjoying Horizon. Its no different to an Assassin's Creed game in my opinion. I appreciate a lot of people disagree and love it, but it feels way too familiar. Elden Ring looks much more interesting. I have it preloaded on my PC and I can't wait to get stuck in tomorrow night.

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
I'll probably play both and alternate. The problem is when Turismo comes out, I'm friggen eating man.
steak-large.gif

Jul 26, 2018
No that's silly. I'm already 15 hrs in and invested. ER is not going anywhere and by the time I get to it should have multiple QoL patches

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Nope, and I will play some non open world game after this before getting to Elden Ring. Who knows, might even get a cheap copy by then.
That is assuming there are no frame pacing issues, it does sound promising for PS5.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I'll come back to horizon after… for now elden ring takes priority. I actually did the same with the first horizon game when nier/Zelda came out. Came back and finished horizon afterwards, it worked out good for me.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I already dropped it in anticipation for Elden Ring.
(I am at a good temp stopping point, after reaching the 3rd major areas).

GoFightWin01

Jun 7, 2018
I have tried/played Bloodborne (only a few hours, couldn't get into it), Sekiro (played about half of the game or so and fell off and never finished), Demon Souls PS5 (finished and LOVED it). So I am NO mT a huge fan of this genre and I wouldn't care at ALL had I not played and beat Demon Souls recently.

With that said, I am LOVING HFW and want to play more. But when Elden Ring drops, I am going to play that until I get super frustrated and then go back to HFW until I beat it and then back to Elden Ring. I just know that I for sure want to beat HFW within the next week or so.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Why are you people so obsessed with this, it's not the first time two big games launch in the same week/month, sometimes we even had big games launching the same day.

I'll just play both and will be switching between them whenever I feel to, no rush or anything, they'll keep me busy for months easily

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm going to finish off Horizon before I jump in to Elden Ring. How ever long that takes is fine by me. I'm getting Elden Ring on PS5 so I don't really want to be jumping between them. If I was getting Elden Ring on PC I would probably play both at the same time.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'll finish the story before starting elden ring, then play it to chill after getting stressed by some wall boss

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Not playing Horizon but definitely dropping what I'm playing if I haven't beat it by tomorrow. Feels bad because I have a tendency to not go back to things but eh it's fucking Elden Ring.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
No, I'm probably not getting Elden Ring until closer to the summer. I can wait.

Why are you people so obsessed with this, it's not the first time two big games launch in the same week/month, sometimes we even had big games launching the same day.

I'll just play both and will be switching between them whenever I feel to, no rush or anything, they'll keep me busy for months easily

And honestly this. A good amount of big games come out between end of October and throughout November so I don't see what makes this situation any different lol

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely finish off Horizon first, having a blast with it. I had prioritized it due to not wanting to be spoiled on the story, and I'm extremely glad I did. Repeating from the OT: I didn't think the game could really surprise me, because there were only two-ish sequel hooks from the first game that could really be used, and it seemed like the game was already heading in one of those directions. I WAS STILL VERY SURPRISED BY SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

I basically did this at a certain point during one of the quests:
OptimalUnpleasantDutchsmoushond-max-1mb.gif

I'm really excited for Elden Ring, though, and am very happy for Miyazaki and the folks at FromSoftware that it's reviewing so well. It looks incredible, and I'm looking forward to savoring it. I'm also waiting to see whether XSX or PS5 is the way to go. It's only February, and I'm already spoiled for choice!

I'm normally a 'one open world game a year' kinda person, and there's also Xenoblade Chronicles 3 later this year...

...god help us all if BotW2 comes out in 2022.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
Why would I have bought a game at launch I knew I'd like only to drop it a week later LOL.

Of course not. Elden ring will still be there.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I also was conflicted for a long time but about two weeks ago I decided to wait for Elden Ring, play that first and get H:FW at a later date.

By playing both at the same time, I would probably ruin both experiences for me.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Ill be playing both, ive been rushing a bit with HFW to finish before ER but realized i can just take my time with both. Its a really good game- i dont know why its an either or with Era.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Nope. Really enjoying HFW and not really into the SoulsBorne games. Only one I really liked was Bloodborne, and I didn't even finish that one.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Hell no? I also don't want to play a game with a notebook in hand since Elden Ring doesn't have NPC or quest tracking.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Nah once I finish Horizon and had my fill on Destiny I'll move on to Elden ring.

And by then there should be some nice guides to enhance my playthrough!

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not buying Elden Ring but my experience with previous times is that if I'm enjoying a game and stop it to play another one I then have trouble getting back to the first game. Maybe finish Horizon as fast as you can and them move to Elden Ring.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Well, it's literally the two biggest games for me (and others) this year and they are being released a week apart from each other. I love From Software games and I loved Horizon ZD. Of course I'm thinking about what game to play first or whether I could reasonably play both in parallel.