• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Well that was really cool. Wierd trailer but the game looks incredible. Seems to be doing that Arkham Asylum to Arkham City scope and genre change which is neat and the "treasure hunt" aspect was my most wanted thing in a sequel so I'm stoked

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
HZD is my game of this gen. This is everything I wanted and I loved the trailer. Those underwater sequences were mind-blowing.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
4K screens (downsampled to 1080p)
VHfBMs7.png

tn1moKK.png

UkdHiya.png

KoZR1xD.png

ej12luv.png

RAR9wWn.png

FIkzv4r.png

BMTpysB.png

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
since Horizon: Zero Dawn is coming to PC any chance this Forbidden West sequel will also make its way to PC eventually?
Sure, but not at launch. A popular theory is that they are releasing the first on PC to get people interested in the sequel and a PS5. So a potential PC port might be years later.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Stoked to finally see this game! I admit the 'Forbidden West' looks way different than what I was imagining, but it's super pretty and I'm excited to see it all the same! I hope it's not all California and we get to explore up north a little, too. Wanna see what happens to the rest of the west coast. :3c
I'm both excited and apprehensive about underwater levels -- they can be super beautiful but also super janky lol.
Also damn ppl saying this was all in-engine? I totally thought most of it was CGI. Bet the final product is gonna look absolutely insane! Really excited to see what the gameplay for this is gonna be like, too.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
God damn I was floored by this trailer. I loved Horizon and everything here looks amazing.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Stoked to finally see this game! I admit the 'Forbidden West' looks way different than what I was imagining, but it's super pretty and I'm excited to see it all the same! I hope it's not all California and we get to explore up north a little, too. Wanna see what happens to the rest of the west coast. :3c
I'm both excited and apprehensive about underwater levels -- they can be super beautiful but also super janky lol.
Also damn ppl saying this was all in-engine? I totally thought most of it was CGI. Bet the final product is gonna look absolutely insane! Really excited to see what the gameplay for this is gonna be like, too.
California + PNW would be the dream. Not if its going to be so compact that it feels fake though. I don't want to be able to walk from Seattle to SF in 15 mintues lol.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mother of god that was awesome in 4K. I love the style, the world they showed, the presentation. I'm so fucking in Day 1, can't believe it myself. Most hyped Next-Gen Title for me!! Going back to watch the trailer again and again lol

FukuDaruma

Oct 2, 2019
Why would a CGI trailer have LOD transitions and aliasing?

It is very likely touched-up and full of in-engine cutscenes but there's no real reason to believe that it's CGI.

Yes, that's more like it. After rewatching in detail the 4K version it's true there are some noticeable LOD changes. But then there are other scenes where the quality is much higher.

It may be a lot of staged scenes in-engine with retouch on top.
They didn't put that typical "this has been captured in-engine in realtime on a PS5" though...

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017

Biomes are completely different in this world so I wonder if the PNW would look like the PNW. I also wanna see how their 1000 year old ruins of Seattle looks compared to TLOU2's.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Yes, that's more like it. After rewatching in detail the 4K version it's true there are some noticeable LOD changes. But then there are other scenes where the quality is much higher.

It may be a lot of staged scenes in-engine with retouch on top.
They didn't put that typical "this has been captured in-engine in realtime on a PS5" though...

They said it at the beginning...

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
That looked pretty nice. This, spider-man, Re (if it is next gen only) and Demons' SOuls have sold me the console

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
What are the chances this is a launch title? How long have they been working on it?

Horizon 1 finished in 2017, but the team probably started conceptualizing this game atleast a year before this game launches. So kinda 3-4 years. Horizon 1 released 4 years after Killzone SF too, but it was in development for a few years longer overall. That extra development being necessary for conceptualizing a new IP likely isn't necessary now so maybe there's a chance?

Edit: Forgot about the Frozen Wilds.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Human AI and the melee combat were my bigest pet peeves with the first one, so I hope they improve those aspects.

Otherwise, still hoping for flying mechanic.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Honestly this looks almost CGI at points... Can't wait to see it again, but it really looks like Guerilla has pulled it off once again