• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elog

Oct 21, 2020
The reviewers I know I am synchronised with loved the game so I am happy :)

As to review scores - I do not care much but I always find it weird when a reviewer is seemingly not liking the type of game they are reviewing so the review becomes as much of an opinion piece regarding the category as the game in itself. Always happens and I always find it odd.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Woof, the base PS4 version in the IGN performance review video looks... rough to watch. Super blurry and aliased image. All the other versions seem quite pretty however.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Come on peeps. Not everyone will like every game. Just like I would review Horizon like 6 because I really didn't enjoy it at all. Nothing wrong with that.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Story is getting a lot of wildly varying feedback makes me more curious than anything really. It's been my main concern given ZD was propped up hard by the lore.

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is an embarrassment of hidden agendas everywhere smh

I'm in the I don't like open world games for the most part but I liked HZD so I'll be grabbing this. Maybe not at launch cos the backlog is huge but eventually.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who has some pretty major issues with the way the pre-history of the story is framed (i.e., felt very anthropocentric and also literally deus ex machina), I am pretty happy if there is less focus on that.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this sounds perfect for me. Loved the original (including its story/lore) so this seems right up my alley.

Bring on Friday :D

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to make a game period, but it is really hard during a pandemic.
It wasn't hard for them to raise the price of PS5 games to 80€ here in Germany though.

But we are used to bumpy launches by now. Just wait and get a cheaper, better experience later.

Btw. did they share plans for paid DLC like Frozen Wilds? I migh just wait for a complete edition then.
It's just one review, let it go.
There is another 6/10 review saying it's a step down in almost every way :O

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Here's our review (in Hungarian):

GAMEPOD.hu

Pros:
  • A great, twisty story with great characters
  • The presentation of optional content is of unprecedented quality
  • Wide variety of weapons, opponents and mission types
  • Fantastic graphics, music and voice acting
  • Incredibly short load times
Cons:
  • Even with the improvements, melee combat is not very good
  • Weak AI, which makes death rare even on hard difficulty

AJUK

May 28, 2019
It seems the gist of the reviews are what I ultimately expected, a great game but nothing groundbreaking. I'll take that. You can't expect generation defining games when they're also made on last gen.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The ps4 version via IGNs video is honestly pretty good

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The time I've spent with Horizon Forbidden West has been an absolute blast. I've gawked at beautiful landscapes, engaged in frantic fracases with machines, delved into ancient ruins, laughed at snarky dialogue, triumphed in an arena, gotten my butt handed to me in a board game, and much more. I still haven't seen everything Forbidden West has in store for me, but I've seen enough to know it is special, just like its predecessor. This is one of those sequels where the developers have really upped their game in just about every way, and I can't wait to play more of it!
www.rpgfan.com

Horizon Forbidden West Review | RPGFan

Horizon Forbidden West is set six months after the events of the first game. Aloy is on the hunt for a way to fix Earth’s rapidly destabilizing biosphere, which has started blighting the land and creating devastating superstorms.

Mar 19, 2021
This seems great as expected, the climbing being a disappointment is a shame but otherwise really loving what I'm reading. Wasn't that big on the story for the first one either so if this is what's holding this game back I'll still be having a blast

Artorias

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game being a bit easier and even hard mode being forgiving is giving me on pause on whether or not I will enjoy this.

Might wait until that's hopefully addressed in a patch (new difficulty?)

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Woof, the base PS4 version in the IGN performance review video looks... rough to watch. Super blurry and aliased image. All the other versions seem quite pretty however.

Yeah the cutbacks in visual quality are quite noticeable, but I'm glad the performance is solid 30fps.

Wish Ghost of Tsushima had done the same, that game can't hold 30fps at all in combat on base PS4 from the footage I saw, and they choose to stick with 1080p.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
5/5
From its story to its gameplay and its jaw-dropping world, nearly everything in Horizon Forbidden West is so expertly crafted I constantly want to describe it as perfect. Any complaints I have about Sylens' or Regalla's potential melt away when I look at Forbidden West in its totality.

Anybody who was a fan of Horizon Zero Dawn owes it to themselves to play Forbidden West. And for those that haven't played its predecessor yet, Forbidden West stands on its own as an outstanding action-RPG that players will be talking about for years to come. It will undoubtedly be an early game of the year contender and go down as one of the best PS5 games out there, even this early in the console's life.
www.androidcentral.com

Horizon Forbidden West for PS5 review: The pinnacle of excellence

Horizon Forbidden West is Guerrilla's best game to date, weaving together an unexpected story and excellent combat to create an adventure players won't soon forget.