• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Well, I just tried the restart twice and lo and behold it fixed the HDR issue in resolution mode!

I had no idea that Sony cert allowed developers to "hot fix" games like this without a patch download.

Kudos to the developers for fixing this so fast
If this is true it could be restricted to 1st party devs, maybe 3rd major players.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I HATE THESE

giphy.gif

THIS IS GREAT THO

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
can someone plz show me examples of environmental puzzles/puzzles in general?

Or any neat tricks with the platforming/gliding to reach secret areas? Both would make me really hyped

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Does the game ask you to restart the two times? I didn't get anything when resuming my game from rest mode. Quit to main menu, then force closed the app. Repeated that and the restarted the PS5 for good measure. Not noticing a difference, but I hadn't noticed whatever shimmering in resolution mode people were talking about anyway.

Aloy38

Jul 31, 2020
So for those on performance mode, has the latest hotfix….er…..fixed the shimmering and aliasing artefacts?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Took me 2 hours to go through the start and loved it...I am still not even in the Forbidden West,I have the optional quest to talk to all my friends and I will talk to every single one of them,thank you very much Waypoint/Netxlander but no thanks ;P ;)

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Don't work for me ?
I don't understand how no one in the review talked about this Haha

Interesting right? Not sure either. I guess some reviewers are not as experienced with the tech/terminology like DF or NXGamer are to talk about it in reviews.

I'm going to do a full restart and see if it changes anything.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
The hotfix did make some improvement in resolution mode and HDR, seems to be a noticeably more stable image. Performance mode seems unaffected, maybe there is some improvement but if it is it's minor.

The downside is there's an even greater disparity between performance/resolution mode now. :) We'll see, will play around with both but I'm sure once combat gets intense I'll stick with performance.

edit: Hmm hearing what the actual issue was (HDR was darkening in res mode while moving) which I didn't really see before perhaps this is just placebo. I think this is more of an issue with art direction then, Guerilla just likes the image very sharp.

Edit2: Here's a link from a reddit user showing what they were seeing, so looks like this has nothing to do with the general aliasing myself and others notice.

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that was always absolutely infuriating about the previous game was that the creatures would basically jump and smash themselves DIRECTLY onto you no matter which way they were oriented before they jump.

I think what is so incredibly frustrating about this is that 90% of the time it happens from behind you. Like you'll dodge behind a tree then out of no where a massive 100 ton machine just crashes into your back.

Seems like it is the same in this game.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
In my country, Mediamarkt did a last minute price slash and is selling this for 55€ (PS4) and 65€ (PS5), which is surprising.

Lydecker

Aug 13, 2020
Happy to read that Guerilla probably could have released it earlier, but choose not to because they didn't want to crunch.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
She did that in the first game too everytime she speaks she sounds depressed as fuck
The problem in particular here though is that there's more character interaction, and she keeps that same level during the back and forth, which wasn't necessarily so in the first game. You really notice the disparity with say, Varl talking in a normal tone then Aloy responding by sighing after every line like she's constantly out of breath, it's fine when she's alone and just muttering to herself but I'm expecting Varl to say "jesus speak up wtf".

(tbc I really liked Aloy's attitude through most of HZD, she should be a little short with everyone (at the very least) considering her upbringing.)

Last edited:

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Well, I just tried the restart twice and lo and behold it fixed the HDR issue in resolution mode!

I had no idea that Sony cert allowed developers to "hot fix" games like this without a patch download.

Kudos to the developers for fixing this so fast
I'm guessing it falls more into config file changes than software code patch, which they've allowed in the past but it's been more used around multiplayer balance stuff. I can't remember at the moment what game specifically was doing it but I remember it being a thing.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Uhm, the title drop sequence had some noticeable pop-in in my end, then I rewatched it on YouTube because it was awesome, and noticed almost nothing of pop-in.

I wonder if it's because I'm playing in quality mode and the YouTube video was in performance?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm terrible at telling what HDR looks like on my TV...

Also it's refreshing to see a female protagonist that like... She's good looking and in shape but she's not like...super model attractive. Know what I mean?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Fiddle around a bit with motion aiming...decided to leave it on both(Yaw and the other lol) I like it but I think I need to raise the Y and X now for the motion to go a little wider ? first time I try Gyro so not sure yet,the up and down seems to work better then horizontal.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
Do you guys did any changes to the default HDR settings? The menu is really bad for adjusting the settings. I don't know if I should set something brighter or dimmer.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What was the issue? Honest question, I'm not able to see it.

Well, it's fixed now so you won't be able to see it.

Before when you moved the camera with HDR on in resolution mode the entire image would get dark, and when you stopped moving the camera the entire image would "bloom up" and brighten.

It was awful

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Game is so stunning, but I forgot how some of the animations can look so overdone. Grappling and stuff, it's like Aloy's made of rubber, every animation is just so exaggerated. It even extends to her hair, which might as well be a living organism lol.