• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I can't say I'm a big fan of Hollywood actors in games, it breaks the immersion for me too often. That said, more Lance Reddick is rarely bad.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
How the fuck did lance reddick not age a single day since the wire !!
Overall it looks like an amazing cast . Can't wait for the game.

Wednesbury

Apr 10, 2018
Is that Geno Segers (crazy villain Chayton from Banshee) playing Kotallo's chief? That looks like his face. The facial design and animation are an amazing improvement on the last game. It looks great.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Neat. I really like all of the character designs except Erend. He has and will always look like a fucking doof.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
FJjfpS_UYAIKpDD

Dec 19, 2021
I know he was, what is your point? I think he did a good job as Sylens but it's still immersion breaking.
Your post read to me like you didn't know he was in the first game, or that he was brought in because he's some "big hollywood actor." I mean, I'm not sure why you'd complaining about "immersion breaking" given that this is the second game in the franchise. Kinda seems silly at this point.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The 2 other announced actresses must be playing hidden characters then since they are not portrayed in this video.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Erend would get rid of his mutton chops, lol. His actor is so handsome without them. O:

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Looks fantastic. The cast seem genuinely enthusiastic about the game, which hopefully means that enthusiasm will shine through in the in-game performances.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I wonder if they did all the mocap in LA this time.

Didn't the first game do the mocap in the UK?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I usually never watch these types of clips for unknown reasons, but since I'm so hyped for this game I decided to check this one out.

What the fuuuuuuuck, can't believe Lance Reddick sounds so different in a casual conversation, haha. Always liked that stern way of talking that's very particular to him, but he sounds like a completely different person. Same with the other voice actors here.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf no Talanah, Petra or Vanesha. Sapphic dreams fading :( I know at least two are in but maybe more cameo.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wtf no Talanah, Petra or Vanesha. Sapphic dreams fading :( I know at least two are in but maybe more cameo.
They recently named Talanah as one of the three main returning characters.
However, if you want to refresh your memory on some characters before the game, McCaw and Kitain gave us the ones to focus on. "To brush up on Varl, Erend, and Talanah would be a good start," McCaw says. "But, to reiterate, it's not needed. We're going to tell you everything you need to know to play this game if you're a beginner."
www.gameinformer.com

Breaking Down The New Horizon Forbidden West Trailer With Guerrilla Games

The latest trailer focused heavily on the game’s story and characters. We chatted with narrative director Benjamin McCaw and senior writer Annie Kitain for more context.
No idea why she hasn't been in the trailers though.