• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
This is her standard outfit, just like in the first one due to the RPG characteristics, there will be several other outfits.
But I think that during the game she changes both the standard clothes and her hair for something more consistent with the new setting, that it's more...beachy?
I know but the standard/starting outfit usually gets refreshed in subsequent entries. I would be surprised if it's revealed closer to launch.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Amazing keyart. I'm surprised we don't get more "main character staring up at something" since it's such an obvious composition for a portrait layout.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
still rocking tef's armor, put some respeck on tef

edit: notice the red vine creeping up and grabbing the tree? she picks a red vine up in the trailer to inspect it. is that the source of corruption i wonder.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is her standard outfit, just like in the first one due to the RPG characteristics, there will be several other outfits.
But I think that during the game she changes both the standard clothes and her hair for something more consistent with the new setting, that it's more...beachy?
I'm sweating just thinking about how hot she must be wearing an outfit meant for cold snowy mountains on a beach. Layers of fur and she's casually swimming. 😅

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
OG source was taken down

See posts, photos and more on Facebook.

I guess this wasn't meant to be shared yet?

Interesting I wonder why? Looking at the image again I'm not seeing anything that reveals any additional information. I suppose these games have a PR cycle and they probably want to manage how they disseminate the information.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
So that's defiantly a 2 in the form of a Roman numeral II right. It's weird they label it without the 2 in the video, but it's quite obviously there, and several places talk about it with the 2, and a semi colon if your feeling fancy.

Also, for some reason Horizon Forbidden West, or Horizon II: Forbidden West, sounds weird to me. Like it should have a "The" in there, "The Forbidden West", but maybe that's just me.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I really hope that in addition to the Golden Bridge there are several Landmarks on the map.
I honestly don't remember anything like that, at least so remarkable, in Zero Dawn. Btw, where does the first game take place? I really forgot lol

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I really hope that in addition to the Golden Bridge there are several Landmarks on the map.
I honestly don't remember anything like that, at least so remarkable, in Zero Dawn. Btw, where does the first game take place? I really forgot lol

Utah/Colorado from what I remember.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Annoying ass flying birdmechs that shoot projectiles at you confirmed.
Aloy is not aiming at the bird she wants to fly duh
tumblr_mjwxb93kYK1s5sh9eo1_400.gif

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Seems pretty clear that the plants/crops are dying based on the trailer. Whether or not it's related to Sylens's experiments with the master override, something done by Hades or the weather systems we saw is unclear. In any case, the red plant was notable in the trailer and in this key art.
edit: notice the red vine creeping up and grabbing the tree? she picks a red vine up in the trailer to inspect it. is that the source of corruption i wonder.
I believe the climate got really messed up by all the events that lead up to the robot dinosaurs

The corruption of the soil and plants causing animals to get sick , as well as the giant ass storms would seem to also tie in to the events of Frozen Wilds also, which I love.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Dragons or pterodactyl since I thought most of the machines were based on dinosaurs

Most of the machines in the original game are not based on dinosaurs.

You have the notable ones such as the Thunderjaw and watchers but many are based off of bison or horses or cats as well. And those dragons we see are not machines, they are viewed through Aloy's focus as far as I can tell based on the opacity being consistent with images we see through the focus in the first game.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It is ignorance on my part then.
Non-American here.

Don't be harsh on yourself, many Americans would be hard pressed to tell. I just know because a lot of people analyzed the first Horizon trailer and compared it with some Google searches to determine it had roots in Colorado.