• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Zero surprise.

Everything will get delayed this year, all insiders have said so.

Yeah, didn't Nintendo even say as much as well, that the real impact will be this year?

I am not surprised, and actually quite OK with it. I have barely played much during Covid (my mind works in reverse, if there is time, I am lazy and not bothered, if there is no time, QUICK PLAY PLAY PLAY!). Hopefully this delay alongside other PS5 titles can drop as hardware supply refills too. Should provide a nice momentum of sorts.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't that just mentioned in the GQ article as a game that is coming this year, as opposed to GT which was being delayed? Grain of salt here.

Yeah. Jim Ryan said he feels 'pretty good' about Returnal, Ratchet & Clank, and Forbidden West for 2021, so...

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all.

I fully expect GoW Ragnarok to do the same. The only way I see Ragnarok releasing this year is if it's a Miles Morales type game and not a full-fledged sequel.

May 25, 2019
London
Not sure why anybody is putting any stock in Jim Ryan's public statements after "We believe in generations"

He will tell you its coming in 2021 so PS5's keep selling out. They probably won't announce a delay until June

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Not sure why anybody is putting any stock in Jim Ryan's public statements after "We believe in generations"

He will tell you its coming in 2021 so PS5's keep selling out. They probably won't announce a delay until June

But you're willing to put stock into a "leaker" who said the PS5 wouldn't have any launch games? Okay...

Oct 25, 2017

But yet we are putting stock in a guy who posted lots of bullshit rumors apparently. Perhaps we should just wait before more reliable sources or Sony themselves say something.

May 25, 2019
London

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I put more stock in Jason Schreier than Jim Ryan

It isn't Jason Schreier that said it. It's a Russian "leaker" who said the PS5 would have no launch games and that the Series X would have 12-16 launch exclusives.

This whole thread is founded on somebody who has very little credibility and I'm not sure why it's blowing up the way it is.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously. There's a global pandemic that forced everyone to completely change all of their plans. Games barely come out on their first announced date in the best of times.

May 25, 2019
London
Schreier hasn't said Horizon will be delayed to 2022 though.
It isn't Jason Schreier that said it. It's a Russian "leaker" who said the PS5 would have no launch games and that the Series X would have 12-16 launch exclusives.

The leaker who knew about the PC port, right?

My interpretation of Schreier's tweet is that it's been delayed once already and the status is questionable for 2021 at best. You may interpret it differently. I think it's totally reasonable to expect it to slip into Q1 2022. The first game was a Q1 release as well

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I have no reason to get a ps5 this year. Hopefully this means they cancel the ps4 version and fully use the ps5.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
The leaker who knew about the PC port, right?

My interpretation of Schreier's tweet is that it's been delayed once already and the status is questionable for 2021 at best. You may interpret it differently. I think it's totally reasonable to expect it to slip into Q1 2022. The first game was a Q1 release as well

So because he got one thing right (and a bunch of things wrong!), he's credible now, all right.

I'm not saying it's impossible that it won't be delayed, of course it could be delayed, I'm saying this thread has no real evidence that it is and we should, y'know, wait until there's actual smoke before we declare a fire.

May 25, 2019
London
So because he got one thing right (and a bunch of things wrong!), he's credible now, all right.

I'm not saying it's impossible that it won't be delayed, of course it could be delayed, I'm saying this thread has no real evidence that it is and we should, y'know, wait until there's actual smoke before we declare a fire.

This isn't a court of law, it's a video game message board on the Internet. Any kind of rumor like this is what this place lives on

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah no surprise here.

This has the added benefit that If the general population will finally be able to get a PS5 by mid- or end of 2022 they could even drop the game being cross-gen and concentrate on the PS5 version.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
All three BIG Sony games have been delayed out of this year now :(

Take your time GG. Horizon was amazing and it's sequel deserves all the time it needs.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
All three BIG Sony games have been delayed out of this year now :(

Take your time GG. Horizon was amazing and it's sequel deserves all the time it needs.

No, no they haven't. This is in no way a confirmation that the game has been delayed. This guy has thrown out random nonsense for years and I have no idea why people are just assuming this is true.

Engin

Oct 25, 2017
i understand that in time of covid those things can happen. And I also never believed that horizon and gow will come out this year. But how couldn't they know? Why are there always false claims of console manufacturers during launch times? So that everybody thinks, ah there are many games coming out during the next months and year, we have to get the console asap?
also my backlog isn't as disappointed about those news as i am 😅

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be surprised if HFW will be delayed into 2022. That would leave PS5 without major exclusives for the whole of 2021 though so I imagine they'll try to hit Q4 at least.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
To be fair, interviews for places like GQ are usually done weeks, if not months, before publication. That interview with Jim could've been done before Christmas for all we know.

I'm not saying you're wrong (he absolutely said it was 2021 a number of times), just that he probably didn't hold that interview the day before it was published.

It was last week. The writer says it in the article.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit.

Honestly new consoles could've just come out this year instead. Covid fucked everything up.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
No, no they haven't. This is in no way a confirmation that the game has been delayed. This guy has thrown out random nonsense for years and I have no idea why people are just assuming this is true.

Ah, well hopefully it's not true. Regardless, I'm sure it will be worth the wait either way.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As much as it would suck I can totally believe that. 2021 is the year for games in development to be truly affected by the pandemic.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think this is a suprise

The shortage of consoles and delays to development kind of work together to mean that a delay is sensible for multiple reasons.

I think at this point it's trying to work out which of the big games are they going to still release in 2021.

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
I would guess all Devs are struggling to put time lines on the games they're producing. Can't use the old methods due to the whole work from home situation so anything is possible. I'll still hope it's coming out this year or its really going to be a year without a massive hitter on the playstation

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet and Clank still exists though, but granted there's a big gap between that and 2022.
R&C is not a "major exclusive" in my view. It's a nice game to have in the library just to diversify a bit from modern mainstream GAAS/shooters/openworld/whathaveyou but it's not a game which will prompt people to get a PS5 to play it.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
That Russian leaker leaked Horizon Zero Dawn PC before Jason Schreier could confirm it.
I think it's safe to say Schreier's track record far exceeds the Russian guy's. The fact he confirmed the PC version before Schreier is something in his favor, but not exactly confirmation that whatever he says about Horizon ever is going to turn out to be true.

The PC port of HZD was handled by an external studio, it's likely that's where he got his info from, which doesn't give him access to everything about Horizon.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
This leaker has no credibility. Even if it ends up happening I wouldn't put any faith in this person. I don't think they know anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.