• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
People who are constantly complaining about their gigantic backlog should embrace 2021.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
My wife is gonna be pissed if this happens, lmao

For some odd reason, i thought this game was coming out this spring.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
I think they're going to push it out. They need at least one big holiday title. If God of War and Horizon 2 are delayed and the rumors are true and MS can get Starfield and Halo out of the door, this could def. cost Sony some momentum

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if this year halo infinite and ratchet ends up being the only big first party games of the big 3 to come out. If halo makes it, which is not a sure bet. Imagine a year with basically no big first party exclusives.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
They just confirmed it for 2021 a couple of days ago in the GQ interview, calm down people

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
If true, then this decision was made since Tuesday, based on the content of the Jim Ryan interviews.

So colour me doubtful.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Sony need a big hitter for the End of year. I think its launching this year with Tlou Factions.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With console production not normalising until late this year might make sense if they want to maximise sales.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Incredible, a verified account posted in this thread, I thought trolls had made all of them flee since the 2019 Game Awards.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine paying a premium for a PS5 and then literally everything gets pushed another year.

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
I really doubt Starfield is a 2021 title.

With Bethesda we never know ! They have the habit to show a game only months before release. But yeah, I don't really believe it either. And even if it was true, the game is nearly done, and so does the PS4/PS5 version. I don't think they would throw those versions away.
Still, I hope this rumor is not true. Got a PS5 for Horizon and GT7. If both are delayed, welp, I should have waited.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping its massive size, and the shipping cost it requires, inspires Sony to make a somewhat smaller one sooner rather than later.
Considering the news we just got about the increased heat production on custom SSDs i dont think we can expect a smaller PS5 anytime soon. But yeah it would be great to see....

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine paying a premium for a PS5 and then literally everything gets pushed another year.

There's lots of games coming out still, from exclusives like Demon's Souls, Returnal and Ratchet to superior versions of games like Miles Morales, Hitman 3, Resident Evil Village etc. People are acting as if there's not a single new release this year while in reality the upcoming months are pretty stacked.

And again, I wouldn't take this rumor very seriously.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Kind of glad I missed out on preordering a PS5 and got a Series X.

2022 is going to be banging though.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Some of these responses 🤣
I guess you all only believe jschreier when it's convenient for you. But no, let's believe some guy who claimed BOTW is coming to PC 😒

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking knew it! No way it was coming out this year. That's why FFVII is coming out in October for PS5.
FF7R Intergrade is coming in June.

blog.playstation.com

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade arrives on PS5 June 10, 2021

Visual optimizations, Photo Mode, and the new episode featuring Yuffie highlight this exciting enhanced and expanded version of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Also expect avalanche of delays throughout the year, nothing is safe. On the bright side it makes easier to stop looking looking for the new consoles.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Wouldn't surprise me at all if it slips. We were warned about this delayed knock-on effect of COVID last year.

With the exception of Halo, which sounds like it's pretty much in an elongated polishing phase now, I think Microsoft's (unannounced) lineup for the year will be affected too.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
By the time 2022 hits I should have made a pretty sizeable dent in my backlog, considering up to July there's like 7 games i'm interested in. Take your time, though I imagine it's just hellish to get work done remotely for them

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Considering the news we just got about the increased heat production on custom SSDs i dont think we can expect a smaller PS5 anytime soon. But yeah it would be great to see....

By "sooner rather than later" I mean, like, fall 2022 as opposed to fall 2023. They'd have to do a die shrink to 5nm. But with the state of the semiconductor market right now, that might be a pipe dream, even 18+ months from now. But who knows, by 2022 Apple might be moving to 3nm and maybe 5nm would become more available, sort of like how the PS5 adopted 7nm as Apple switched to 5nm.

Status
Not open for further replies.