• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I fear what would happen if it turned out Trump has/had COVID and was completely asymptomatic. Him and his lunatic supporters would use him as living proof that COVID is a joke and we should continue on as if nothing is happening.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
With this, I don't think we're getting a 2nd debate.

They can EASILY still do a second debate. Hell, putting them further apart from each other makes a hell of a lot of sense. Put a wall between them... put them in separate rooms with live cams transmitting audio. That way when you DO shut off trumps Mic, it doesn't distract biden

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
Dems need to rake him over the coals.
What is this and how is this possible? There has been no "raking" for over 4 years. Media coverage isn't more than a piss into the wind. I'm not singling you out on this, but I see this phrase regarding Trump and I honestly don't know what in the hell people or our public could do, at large, to quote, "rake him over the coals." Are riots and protests not doing this?

Oct 25, 2017
Trudeau isolated himself for 2 weeks after his wife tested positive in the Spring, gave news conferences from his porch

No chance Trump isolates

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I genuinely think trump already had it and is on the other side. There have been a lot of "close calls" like this already.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I need this. We all need this. I just want Trump to suffer just a little from this. Death would just be a bonus.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Ive given up, this virus isn't doing it's job after how many people contracted the virus around him

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
What is this and how is this possible? There has been no "raking" for over 4 years. Media coverage isn't more than a piss into the wind. I'm not singling you out on this, but I see this phrase regarding Trump and I honestly don't know what in the hell people or our public could do, at large, to quote, "rake him over the coals." Are riots and protests not doing this?
I was just trying to characterize a media/messaging strategy. Obviously, there is not much to be done to force Trump to do the responsible thing. He must be set up to pay a political price for his fuckery, though.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it just until the election is called? I would assume that if something happened after that but before he was sworn in Harris would take over as president? Or does the process not work like that?
I honestly don't know what would happen in that case. I assume the worst given the gentlemans agreement house of cards my country is built upon.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if Trump got it and was asymptomatic, he'd never admit to it. Donny doesn't get sick, he saved up all his limited exercise energy points to keep himself at the pinnacle of health. /s

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
"It's a tough disease."

Then bitches because Wisconsin won't let him pack his cult together.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They're not seizing shit if Trump's dead. There's no heir apparent. Without him they're just the Republican Party again, nobody's going to war for that.
Yeah, they'll fight each other for power and money, while the actual power will remain with McConnell, where it always has been.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump himself gave her the virus.

And that's the other thing: until these motherfuckers start dying themselves (and maybe not even then), they'll just come back and play it off as the virus being no big deal.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
If I were Biden, I would stipulate much stricter safety guidelines for the next 2 debates, and not be together in person.

Of course, this could give Trump cover to drop out of the debates, lol.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, they'll fight each other for power and money, while the actual power will remain with McConnell, where it always has been.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump himself gave her the virus.

And that's the other thing: until these motherfuckers start dying themselves (and maybe not even then), they'll just come back and play it off as the virus being no big deal.

Has Trump even acknowledged Herman Cain's passing?

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I feel like he'll conveniently claim to have the Rona now, point to her as the reason why, then use it as an excuse to bail on the remaining debates to save face and garner sympathy.

I hate that he's such a stooge that this scenario is the first thing that entered my head when I saw this news.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I feel like he has it. If Hicks had it when they were on Marine One, then there is a very good chance she infected everyone on it. From the looks of it, no one had a mask when they boarded.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I fear what would happen if it turned out Trump has/had COVID and was completely asymptomatic. Him and his lunatic supporters would use him as living proof that COVID is a joke and we should continue on as if nothing is happening.

CNN is saying Hope Hicks is symptomatic, which reiterates just how stupid everyone around Trump really is.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I love how people are somehow twisting this into worrying about Biden catching it from Trump just so they have something to panic over. They were spaced so far apart in that debate, even with Trump's screaming.

Truth be told, I'm hoping he tests negative just because of the uncertainty that would throw into the election. Let his dumbass reckless self get it after Biden wins.

blodtann

Jun 7, 2018
Conspiracy: She never tested positive, and Trump will also test "positive" just to show the world how weak this virus is.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Truly y'all, we don't want him dying of COVID just before the election. I can't even fathom what chaos that would cause.
I can imagine the future history books though.

"After nearly 4 years of removing citizens rights, enabling racist supporters and constant lying to the American people, President Trump passed away just days before the 2020 elections from the very disease he spent 9 months convincing supporters didn't exist."

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
What would happen if a sitting president died during an election? Would they just continue with his name on the ballot?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so, in this timeline, Trump gets sick, but it doesn't kill him -- at the debate, though, he walks over to Biden, says something, Biden gets sick and then dies 1 week later.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Forgot about the incubation period. Trump could have it but would still test negative as of now.

Ryoku

Oct 28, 2017
I love how people are somehow twisting this into worrying about Biden catching it from Trump just so they have something to panic over. They were spaced so far apart in that debate, even with Trump's screaming.

Truth be told, I'm hoping he tests negative just because of the uncertainty that would throw into the election. Let his dumbass reckless self get it after Biden wins.
It's a reasonable worry.
There was a research paper that released earlier during the pandemic that showed how air circulation powered by vents and fans indoors can actually help to spread the virus. This is in contrast to outdoors where the virus becomes much more diffuse much more quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
In a just timeline, Trump passed away from this as a wakeup call to his cult fanbase to take this shit seriously and save thousands of more lives in the process.