• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
The candidate dropping dead a couple weeks before the election would be a trip. Wonder if Ivanka would step in like a ghoulish Jean Carnahan?

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm not gonna get excited, you know a fucking piece of shit like Trump would wind up with the symptom-free version and just wind up getting everyone else sick

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I worry about Biden and his wife being in close proximity with that entire family not wearing masks.
Wouldn't that be very 2020 if Biden caught it and had to miss the debates while Trump held maskless rallies and was fine.

Whoever is writing this season of America, please don't get any ideas for the finale.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
61k8c6li

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Trump dies from covid. This country would go up in flames. The conspiracy theorists would cause mass riots like never before.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure I want him to get it. If he does, he's statistically likely not to have major complications, and then centrist idiots will be like "see it's overblown".

Frankly, at this point, "no shakeups" is the most damaging thing to Trump. I'd prefer nothing crazy happen between now and November.

????? He's overweight, old and out of shape. He's the perfect candidate to have serious complications. Look at Boris Johnson. Same vibe as Trump and it almost killed him.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Coronavirus is only known to infect humans, I wouldn't hold your breath

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I assume it would generate a lot of sympathy votes if he got it before the election?

Would it?

I'd think most people would see it as karmic retribution.

Maybe his approval rating would tick up a little. Boris Johnson's did after he got sick, and then immediately dove. [1] But I couldn't imagine more people would want to vote for someone who brought a disease on to himself.

www.cnbc.com

Boris Johnson's party slides in polls as U.K.'s political crisis over aide intensifies

Pressure is mounting on Boris Johnson as the political battle intensifies over his closest aide Dominic Cummings, who is accused of breaking U.K. lockdown rules.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Truly y'all, we don't want him dying of COVID just before the election. I can't even fathom what chaos that would cause.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The candidate dropping dead a couple weeks before the election would be a trip. Wonder if Ivanka would step in like a ghoulish Jean Carnahan?
Pence would become the de-facto face of the campaign, which would be a disaster for Biden since the only reason he's even as far ahead is that people want a "return to normalcy," and while Pence is a horrible, bigoted, fascist asshole himself, he's not opening his mouth and saying something stupid every 8 hours like Trump, and so would probably be seen as "normal" by most voters. Combine that with the current GOP base getting even more active now that Trump has become a martyr and you have a very real case that Trump's death could very well be what the GOP needs to seal the election.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Maybe trump was nonstop jabbering and interrupting at the debate because he knows he has the virus and wants to infect Joe.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Truly y'all, we don't want him dying of COVID just before the election. I can't even fathom what chaos that would cause.
I don't want him to catch it and die. I want him to lose the election badly, get booted out of office, and then get prosecuted. Him dying before the election would suck for more than one reason, not the least of which being Pence stepping in.

But I wouldn't see the downside of him catching it and having to endure the symptoms of what he has likened to being just like the flu.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Pence would become the de-facto face of the campaign, which would be a disaster for Biden since the only reason he's even as far ahead is that people want a "return to normalcy," and while Pence is a horrible, bigoted, fascist asshole himself, he's not opening his mouth and saying something stupid every 8 hours like Trump, and so would probably be seen as "normal" by most voters. Combine that with the current GOP base getting even more active now that Trump has become a martyr and you have a very real case that Trump's death could very well be what the GOP needs to seal the election.
The martyr complex would be worrisome, but Pence is also a charisma black hole.

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. Nobody likes Pence and his politcal career was pretty much toast until Trump gave him a life raft.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am now imagining a Trump Dealth Cult that convenes in a secret dingy basement every night cloaked in robes praying and chanting for Trump to get Covid everyday.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
If we had proper contact tracing, we'd know how many people she has possibly made incredibly ill or dead.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
LOL we're actually getting "this is actually bad news for Biden" rallying the base freak out takes about Trump DYING. Even in death Trump wins. That 4D chess.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
????? He's overweight, old and out of shape. He's the perfect candidate to have serious complications. Look at Boris Johnson. Same vibe as Trump and it almost killed him.
Even among the elderly, the coronavirus is still not statistically more likely than not to create serious complications. The rate is much higher, but the actual odds for an individual aren't insane.

Plus Trump has obviously performed many blood sacrifices to avoid being sick.