• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I keep seeing Hooters on Twitter. They addressed why, kind of.

But my question is

WHO IN 2020 IS STILL GOING TO HOOTERS?????

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I like their chicken wings and am friends with one of the girls, so I go there from time to time.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I like their chicken wings and am friends with one of the girls, so I go there from time to time.
Are they actually good though? I always see them pop up on my delivery apps but I never bother to pick them up because I refuse to believe that anything good comes out of Hooters. Don't get me wrong I love myself some TNA but Hooters just puts me off.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I went once like 10 years ago...the food was....surprisingly okay? I expected it to be a lot worse. Have not been since though.

There was a recent thread about major companies you think will collapse, and my wife and I also frequently call companies we think will go under. I called Hooters a few years ago, I think it's just a matter of time.

I called Toys R Us about 10 years in advance.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Tomboy > Femboy, for sure.

Even better if said Tomboy is a Tsundere

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's actually seen as a family-friendly place, OP. I shit you not. It's not really attracting pervs 24/7.

Also, if you're worried about stuff like objectification, it's spreading to other places like coffee shops.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
Recently had their meatless wings and they were surprisingly good.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I hate their food and I feel like a lecherous pervert when I'm there, so I haven't been in years.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Hooters was just a USA thing but then I seen this.

The company's first overseas location was in Singapore, and there are Hooters restaurants in Aruba, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Bolivia, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, Panama, Philippines, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Russia, and one in the United Kingdom, following the closure of the remaining UK franchises. The three largest Hooters restaurants are in Singapore, Tokyo, and SĂŁo Paulo.

I had no idea.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I used there parking lot as a meeting spot for work, but never ate there for years. There wings were okay from what i remember but nothing special.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry OP, you're kinda late. It's all about Goth IHOP now.

For a little bit of context:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hooters is just where white trash go to on bike week. But I will absolutely go to Hooters if this concept in the tweet is realized.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
I live near the hooters that fall under the "Original" banner in Florida. Food taste completely different than the ones owned by "Hooter's USA". I go once or twice a week.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
The people who think this type of restaurant is dying off obviously have never been to a Twin Peaks lol. Before covid, I would travel for work alone and there are a ton of locations around the US so I would always be like "why not? if i'm already going to be sitting at a bar for dinner". They were always packed no matter the night I went, and their food is super good.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are they actually good though? I always see them pop up on my delivery apps but I never bother to pick them up because I refuse to believe that anything good comes out of Hooters. Don't get me wrong I love myself some TNA but Hooters just puts me off.
Yeah they're pretty good. I especially like the 3 Miles Island or Daytona Beach Sauce with them.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I thought Hooters was just a USA thing but then I seen this.

The company's first overseas location was in Singapore, and there are Hooters restaurants in Aruba, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Bolivia, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, Panama, Philippines, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Russia, and one in the United Kingdom, following the closure of the remaining UK franchises. The three largest Hooters restaurants are in Singapore, Tokyo, and SĂŁo Paulo.

I had no idea.

How did I not know this?

Edit: Oh they opened in 2017, I haven't been in Jakarta since 2016

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pissed that Twin Peaks isn't a themed restaurant.
But it is...
(just not after the show)

Might make more sense to have it themed after wild west shootouts though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout
Twin_Peaks_nighttime_exterior.png

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I had some hooters wings that my uncle ordered out once, they were great to eat like a hundred of

I am strongly uninterested in actually entering the establishment

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hooters has the greasiest, most mild hot wings in the game. I've tried everywhere from local shops to the original in Clearwater Beach, Florida and it's just shit all along the bench. Worst wing chain by a mile.
This sounds like a line from a Will Ferrell movie.
I'm still pissed that Twin Peaks isn't a themed restaurant.
I shit you not, I pulled an Abe Simpson when I stopped in there with a few friends about a year ago. Looked like a filthier Hooters, no coffee mugs or red drapes in sight.
tenor.gif

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
As far as scantily clad waitress restaurants go Hooters is tame now compared to some other chains that have popped up.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
The people who think this type of restaurant is dying off obviously have never been to a Twin Peaks lol. Before covid, I would travel for work alone and there are a ton of locations around the US so I would always be like "why not? if i'm already going to be sitting at a bar for dinner". They were always packed no matter the night I went, and their food is super good.

I have never in my life heard of this chain

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually seen as a family-friendly place, OP. I shit you not. It's not really attracting pervs 24/7.

Also, if you're worried about stuff like objectification, it's spreading to other places like coffee shops.

They used to have a place like this out in West (the town), Texas. It didn't last long. That conservative-ass place was pissed to say the least.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
its pretty bad. but somehow its "family friendly" lol

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I work next to a Hooters, before the pandemic they were packed all the time. Starting to pick back up now. I enjoy their buffalo chicken strips, but those will have me shitting before I even leave the restaurant.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We go there just about every Mother's Day because we're cheap and my wife gets a free meal.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Hooters is okay but I haven't went there in awhile since UFC PPVs just started lacking. Tilted Kilt and Twin Peaks feel like a exotic Hooters but more beer battered things.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Food is hit or miss, but when it hits, its damn good wings and fried pickles. There is one in the dulles va area that is usually packed when a pandemic isn't going on

Nov 8, 2017
I went to Hooters in St. Louis with my parents during my vacation in the USA in 2014. I really enjoyed the wings, especially with the hot sauce I had (I just went for the hottest on the menu; they had like 50 different ones), but I live in the Netherlands, so my bar for good wings is probably extremely low.

We also went to a Twin Peaks too, although I can't remember which city it was in or what I ate there. Only thing I remember of Twin Peaks is the waitresses being even more scantily clad than Hooters.

I ended up going to Hooters again a year later on a vacation to Prague (on my own). The wings there were also good. A weird thing in Prague was the waitress sat down right next to me while taking my order. Felt pretty awkward, lol.

I'd go to Hooters again. I know y'all say the food isn't good, but I enjoyed it more than most restaurants here in the Netherlands.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the wings. I like the consistency of the sauce and most place's wings have a creamier sauce which I don't really like. As far as objectification goes, it's really not as bad as the reputation makes it out to be, maybe it was worse in the past or maybe there was nothing like it so puritanical america freaked out. Twin Peaks seemed like Hooters with shittier food.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Never been to one but I did enjoy their sauce you could buy from the grocery store.