• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
...i never thought i would be defending hooters of all places. And i couldnt actually tell you the last time i ate at a hooters or any breasturaunt. But reading some of these posts you'd think they're running sex trade out of them.

Its weird for me because this forum wants to act like its so progressive. Women aren't being forced to work there. If a woman wants to work there because they get 2x the tips of other restaurants, good for them. In the same way that if women want to do sex work thats their choice. Albeit sex work needs to be legalized, taxed and regulated as a legit profession.

How is this place still around? Because women still want to work there and people still want to eat there. Is it that hard to understand?
You can not judge women for sex/sex-adjacent work and still think the nature of a job is wack

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least in my area, there are more than a few such places where the servers do, in fact, just wear underwear. They're not strip clubs or anything, just standard restaurants like Hooters or Twin Peaks. This seems like Hooters trying to stay competitive. Whole situation is fucked up.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Open a core crystal and get an orange owl girl.
LIzyuyh.gif

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I went many years ago to eat during a bachelor party and that's where folks wanted to go.

I just remember the wings being okay, but the groom-to-be, myself, and a few other folks were ready to go long before we got out.

This new "uniform" is just...c'mon.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LOL! At the people in here talking about they were "dragged" and "took" to Hooters. If you didn't want to go your ass would not of went.

Not necessarily. If somebody else was my ride and the collective group wants to eat there, then I guess I am eating there or I am walking home lol (really?).

It'll never be my first choice and since I stopped hanging out with them, I haven't gone since. Go figure 🤯

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
What's the difference between these and strip clubs, which are all over the world and legal? Obviously, these don't show anything unlike strip clubs, but I'm pretty surprised people are surprised these exists.

Heterosexual men love looking at young attractive women. Been like this since antiquity.

There's a discussion about the morality of this, sure, but the concept is pretty ironclad.

the difference being this is an open restaurant and not a strip club. Look we are talking about a multi-million dollar restaurant chain that has employees being asked to wear underwear like uniform to work, they don't have a choice. It's fucking ridiculous.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
They basically turned them into the Power Girl costume, yeesh.

Fix your menu first Hooters.

When Twin Peaks has a better menu and their non alcoholic menu is actually decent.

What do you have?

Tip the waitresses good at least, I'm sure they get an asshole at least several times a day.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
At first I thought, "well yeah, it's Hooters" but then I saw. That's definitely a whole different ballgame.

As long as the girls have an option for what they'd rather wear, then I don't see an issue.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I went once and I was kinda... like niiice but ehhh. I'm a bit too prudish for these kindsa joints. I don't even like strip clubs that all my friends seem to rave about.

How. Prude.
they don't have a choice.
From reading this, it looks like they have a choice between this uniform and the old uniforms.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Went maybe three times total. Last time ('16 I recall) the food was okay for the price, but one of the first things our waitress said when she got to the table was "Thank god you're white, you'll tip better." Haven't been in the mood to go back.

Went to Twin Peaks once and the food was better. Service didn't leave much of an impression worth remembering, but sometimes that can be a good thing.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
It's too much for me but I sent the picture to my wife to see her reaction and she's into it and wants to go. IDK but I hope the women who work there at least make it up in tips.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I personally don't see the issue. If you work at Hooters you know what the point of it is. It's like halfway to being a strip bar without being a strip bar.

is it ideal for a normal restaurant? No. But Hooters isn't a "normal" restaurant.

a lot of comments about why it exists… it's like asking why do strip joints still exist?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like an act of desperation to save a dying business where few people care about the gimmick anymore

Might be easier to just turn the franchise into a strip bar

Oct 13, 2021
I personally don't see the issue. If you work at Hooters you know what the point of it is. It's like halfway to being a strip bar without being a strip bar.

is it ideal for a normal restaurant? No. But Hooters isn't a "normal" restaurant.

a lot of comments about why it exists… it's like asking why do strip joints still exist?
It's nowhere close to being a strip bar. And if this is a move to make it closer to a strip bar, then it makes perfect sense for employees to fight back if they don't want their workplace to turn into a strip bar.

Oct 27, 2017
It's for suburban adults who are still into the idea of red sports cars and busty blondes. Everyone else knows you can find more attractive waiters serving better food at better prices at just about any non-chain bar/restaurant/pub.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017

Agreed. The skeezy joint is skeezy. Hooters and Twin Peaks yuck.

It's a shame because actual strip clubs have legitimatly great food and entertainment.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Except the employees no longer feel comfortable with the new uniforms. They didn't sign up for this.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
That looks so uncomfortable. I feel like I'd be adjusting that all day. Switching to all black is probably a good idea though, probably hides stains better. It is buffalo sauce, after all.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I went a few years ago with a few friends. The wings were meh. I had better and yes, there were old creepy dudes staring at the wait staff.

the Twin Peaks (not related to the TV show) restaurant is already drinking Hooters milkshake in getting there

www.mashed.com

The Untold Truth Of Twin Peaks Restaurants - Mashed

If you've visited a Hooters at any point in your life, you're probably already pretty familiar with the overall Twin Peaks concept.
I never heard of Twin Peaks, but reading this. It makes Hooters seem tame in comparison.

Oct 27, 2017
I see Hooters has moved onto the last ditch effort to drum up business without becoming a strip club stage.

This kind of mandatory uniform change is pretty gross. Gimmick or not, this isn't really the same thing as short shorts.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the food there even good? Or is it really just a gimmick restaurant?

I feel like what it has going for it is that it's consistently "okay". Haven't been to one in years, but if you're on a road trip and are paying through a small town without a great food culture, you can get a decent burger and wings. I'd eat at a hooters instead of Applebee's or olive garden.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
been to hooters once and its because i was literally starving and nothing else was close by.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020

I don't understand why these are a thing when strip clubs exist?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
The old shorts look better imho even if you don't care about objectification. Those new shorts look like uncomfortable granny panties.

Oct 26, 2017
Before I clicked on the thread, I assumed that the new outfit looked like lingerie.

This isn't even sexy underwear. These look like the panties I use when it's my time of the month.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the servers that are uncomfortable.

There's nothing inherently wrong about the new shorts or hooters as a concept but to make it a mandatory change will def make people uncomfortable and isn't very fair.