• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Also, I prefer DS art style to Halo Infinite's. Destiny has also far superior art style and direction. I n my opinion, of course.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
4K and rock solid 60fps will swallow lots of system performance.

But what I missed was vegetation and debris. It annoys me that you're always running around on a golf green and this time you had just crashsed your space ship and it really didn't look like a crash site. It's too clean.

And not even a big heavy warthog jumping out a cliff could put a dent on a muddy surface. I was at least expecting some last gen Motorstorm tire tracks.

No moving water or even splash sounds when walking over water.

It just missed a lot of things that makes the world believable.

Oct 27, 2017
There's just no way I can look at this game and not be disappointed. Well it's open world, but we've had plenty of great looking open world games this gen and this didn't look significantly better than any of those. Well it's gotta run on the Xbox One, well that doesn't bode well for those saying that the need to run on inferior hardware won't hold back games. Well it's not out yet, but I can't think of a single example of a game looking radically better when it releases in just a few months.

I mean I'll still play it because I like Halo, but my hype for next-gen is at an all time low

OP
OP
rntongo

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
Why compare graphics of game that's out to a game that's still months away and still being worked on also come one DS is mostly empty world game lol

Simply because it was presented as a next gen game showcase! It should have been better to be honest. If it had been presented as a current gen demo showcase of a game that's at least a year away then it would have been unfair. But this is a game just a few months away from launch and is the main showcase game for next gen gaming.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
While I agree with your point, DS is an absolutely terrible example. Not only is it running at 1080p, but there's also absolutely nothing going on in it the vast majority of the time. A better comparison would be something like Far Cry 5 which is already 4k30 on XBX.

60 fps vs 30 fps.

Of course 30 will look better.
Is there confirmation that Infinite will even target 60fps on last gen?

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I suppose that accounts to a degree for the 60 fps target on Xbone? I thought performance looked excellent in that footage. Unfortunately visually it was really a mixed bag. Even that Exomecha game in the pre show looked more impressive in many ways, although I wonder if gameplay looks like that currated footage. But yeah, I agree with the OP that there are many games that look more impressive graphically this gen. The quality of some of the terrain rendering, especially the textures, falls short.

It is launching alongside Cyberpunk...and that won't be a particularly flattering comparison visually. But performance wise I think they have hit a good target.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
something that bugs me is that the scenery looks so gray. I undestand that being an artificial shouldn't look like a natural cliff but looks so dull, maybe it's poor draw distance but a good art direction could have soften the look. Ghost of Tsushima looks astonishing, looks like crafted to not be hurt by draw distance.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
MedellĂ­n, Colombia
Why are people so down on the graphics of the new Halo game? Who comes to a Halo game for the graphics? If the gameplay is good, who cares?

Because is the flagship game of Xbox. Because Xbox is the MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER. You can't brag about that and show a game like that. The game looks fine, yes. But for the most powerful console ever created by human beings? Come on, dude.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

I think KZ Shadow Fall, launch title for PS4, looks a good deal better, honestly, other than the way lower resolution and half the framerate.

It just seems like Series X can do so much better. The thing is an absolute beast.

Kiter

Oct 27, 2017
That screenshot is quite disingenuous, here is how Death stranding actually runs at 4k on an rtx 2080 super with dlss on and -more importantly- off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZnMlCX7Dc
It runs at lower 50s with DLSS off and Halo runs with a stable 60 with much more going on in terms of explosions, enemies, etc.

Further the XSX will be lower spec than rxt 2080 super and ryzen 9. I think Halo looks appropriate for a native 4k/60 open world game.
Death Stranding on PC with RTX cards just shows how big of a deal DLSS is, RTX 30x0 cards will run circles around next gen consoles thanks to DLSS.

Those GTAV screenshots are basically motionblur.jpg.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I mean, if any of the current PS4 games were to be developed for a 12 TERAFLOPS console,

They would pretty much all looked better than Halo infinite. All of them - TLOU2, Tsushima, Sipder Man, God of War, you name it. They all run on a 2TF console.

Ghost of Tsushima and LoU2 look better than Halo Infinite right now on those 2 teraflops.

Statik

alt account
Banned
Jul 17, 2020
Seriously? RDR2. Horizon Zero Dawn. Days Gone. Gears of War 5. Those are four open world games that clearly look better. I can name more linear examples, but that probably would not be fair.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This discussion can be handled in one of the topics about the Infinite reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.