• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
When the 5-part(?) Fantastic Beasts movie series was first announced I was actually hyped for it. The chance to view day to day wizard life outside the constraints of the school was interesting, as well as taking a deeper look into how the wizard world integrates with the human one on the international scale. Moreover, the prospect of seeing the legendary first wizarding war was a big selling point.

But then the movies came out and I dislike all the characters, everything is gray and drab, and then we get to the melodrama and the multiple baby murders and nazis. It's all so much in just like 4 hours already I can't take any more

They need to bring back the original Harry Potter cast and make a new trilogy already

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would prefer that the series get away from having David Yates direct everything. That would help with my excitement level.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i will absolutely watch it .... one day .... like borrowing the blu ray ....more out of curiosity of what the hell are they doing

And that is JUST because it will be about fascists in my country

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this movie is going to bomb, especially if it gets poor reviews like the 2nd one. Kind of reminds me of the trajectory of The Hunger Games or (less so) Divergent. Lots of enthusiasm and hype in the beginning, only for no one to really give a shit as the series goes on.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not riding the hype train or anything, but yeah, I'll see it when it comes out.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will watch it eventually just to see how the hell they follow up The Crimes of Gridelwald but I won't be buying a ticket for it. Will wait until it's on Sky or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Only interested in new Wizarding World stuff if they bring back Alfonso CuarĂłn to give the thing an actually impressive visual identity.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they stopped making them Fantastic Beasts movies with Newt And Friends and instead just made them Wizarding World movies with different protagonists, I'd be much more excited.

Let Newt's story be over. Let Newt's friends stories be over.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
The second one was bad, but I still like the movies just to finally see the creatures design and more of the world.

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing the absolute disaster and genuine madness that Beasts 2 was I feel like I need to just know what happens next.
It's clear this is going to be terrible from now on but I just gotta know man.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The second one was TROS-like in that none of it made any sense, but without any cool lightsaber fights

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I still didn't watch the second one. After watching the first movie I don't know if I ever will.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The first one was good, the second was one of the worst movies I've seen in the past few years. Just completely composed of sideplots that go nowhere and the whole movie is an excuse for another sequel hook. I think a third could potentially be good but I am hesitant to support the Wizard world in any capacity post all of Rowling's TERF shit.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see it end up being even worse. I wanna see five movies that each maintain the flaws of the preceding one, and then add to them. What a climax it could be.

OP
OP
boontobias

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
If they stopped making them Fantastic Beasts movies with Newt And Friends and instead just made them Wizarding World movies with different protagonists, I'd be much more excited.

Let Newt's story be over. Let Newt's friends stories be over.

In the first movie, Newt was endearing with his shyness/anxiety. Then in second movie, he uses it to be an asshole. Reminds me of my friends/myself. Him and his little gang are supremely uninteresting. Speaking with a silly accent won't give you a Wizard Harley Quinn, WB

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Depp is so bad here.

Waterson, was barely in 2, they need to get her a more prominent role in 3.

(I kinda liked 2 actually aside from hose two things)

Oct 29, 2017
I actually liked the first one a lot. Tina, Queenie, and Jacob were great characters I wanted to see more of.

Though I did like the twist ending from a story perspective, it's unfortunate that as a consequence of it, the always welcome Colin Farrell had to be replaced by Johnny Depp. :/

That second movie... well it sure was something.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I also don't understand why Newt would be in the middle of all this wizard politics. I thought he just want to rescue magical beasts and shit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The only one of the movies I've seen was the second one.

It...did not make a good first impression.

So no, I'm not hyped for part 3.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Lmao.

Rowling completely lost me with the amount of bullshit lore in part 2.

Makes The Rise of Skywalker look like Citizen Kane

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I didn't care much for the first 2. Newt Scamander isn't a compelling hero, especially in the second one. Also, we still haven't seen Ilvermorny yet.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I also don't understand why Newt would be in the middle of all this wizard politics. I thought he just want to rescue magical beasts and shit.
That's the worst part of it all. The antics of hiding magical beasts from the non-magical human world is full of potential. Instead they focus on this magic Hitler crap, throw in a beast in every other fight scene and call it a day.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Still haven't seen 2 and dunno if I ever will

Reading up on it makes me lament what could-have-been. I actually really liked Newt's potential as a hero of a story that isn't all about bloodlines and high-stakes drama but nah, he's just been shoehorned into what is basically the most pointless prequel story ever (at least Star Wars was vague enough about its history to allow it to be somewhat interesting)

I'm also hesitant to give JK any more money at this point

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
That's the worst part of it all. The antics of hiding magical beasts from the non-magical human world is full of potential. Instead they focus on this magic Hitler crap, throw in a beast in every other fight scene and call it a day.

It's weird that for as much as I'm lukewarm on this doolittle movie, at least it looks like the kind of movie I'd expected something called "fantastic beasts" to be.

Also anyone else think about, in light of recent masks falling completely away, the fact that Redmayne's previous role to this was The Danish Girl? Just me?

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for 3 because it will mean more Dumbledore which means more Jude Law

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first, found it okay, but skipped the 2nd and will go the same for the rest because it didn't catch my interest.