• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Turnout isn't higher than 2008, buts better than 2016 I think we got this. If Biden was such a bad candidate, he wouldn't be beating Clinton and Bernies 2016 numbers.
PMh8bEw_d.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I think you have to ignore the faux-progressives in online circles looking for any excuse to not vote and focus on doing what you personally can this election.

That means voting, volunteering and the like. If someone can see the Trump presidency for the past three years and look at his handling of the pandemic and find reasons against voting him out, they are a lost cause.

Don't waste your time. Move on. Focus on the what you can achieve in your local community.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is more they expect everyone to vote for Bernie because somebody needs to

Joking aside, I get it. A lot of young voters really got attached to Sanders's platform and his approach to fundraising and engagement was very similar to what a lot of influencers and streamers use. Emphasis on small amounts and "every little bit helps" and signal boosting that makes people think they are part of the campaign. Hell, was it Sanders who was even doing donor only livestreams?
Sanders essentially pulled a friend simulator and, for a lot of his supporters, this is not just the Democrats not voting for their politics: it is the Democrats actively saying they don't like their online friend. A lot of the reactions are very similar to when folk have arguments over which streamer is the best and all that other weird shit.

This post misses the mark by a lot. If the left was going to have a cult of personality around a political figure, you really think young leftists would choose a 78 year old Jewish grandpa who yells a lot and wags his finger? There... aren't a lot of streamers who fit that mold.

It's the policies. It's the lifetime of credibility for pushing for social and economic justice. Biden doesn't have any of that. The only other candidate this cycle who had a bit of it was Warren, and she just could not get out of her own way.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Noone should need a reason to do the right thing. You don't need a champion to know that stopping the train from hitting the people on the tracks is the right call.

Jan 10, 2018
This is such a layup for Biden to start acting and looking like a leader and work on solutions to keep himself in the limelight.

But he's not taking such an obvious winning move makes me think his entire presidential campaign is going to be "not Trump!"

Stop getting your news from gaming discussion boards

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Schbernie it's not about the personality, it's about policy and motherfucking change. It's what liberals don't get. Biden goes against pretty much everything that made people believe in the Sanders movement. Having to settle for Biden is some serious whiplash.

It's like being in a shit pit, being given a rope to climb out and at the top there's Uncle Joe saying 'get back in the pit Jack'.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Bernie Schbernie it's not about the personality, it's about policy and motherfucking change. It's what liberals don't get. Biden goes against pretty much everything that made people believe in the Sanders movement. Having to settle for Biden is some serious whiplash.

It's like being in a shit pit, being given a rope to climb out and at the top there's Uncle Joe saying 'get back in the pit Jack'.
Hasn't history shown that it's actually not about policy, but about perceived personality?

supra

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, what's the alternative to the present situation?

if people are so displeased with democracy that they choose not to participate in it, how in the hell does that help that situation
Not going out to the polls in a state that issued a shelter in place order the same week? Automatic voter registration and extended timelines for mail in ballots?

They were cramming people into senior living facilities and public housing for this shit.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, all of this is academic as we're on the doorstep of the coronavirus's true impact on American lives and economy. Within 2-3 weeks, we are going to start seeing a 9/11 level of deaths happen every single day - then it's going to increase even from there if radical controls aren't implemented with a severity not really seen in America before. Hospitals aren't prepared. Employers aren't prepared. Voters are not prepared. America is not prepared.

This is not panic. This is math. This is the "Hold onto your butts" phase for the majority of Americans who haven't yet experienced personal human loss from this pandemic.

Americans who aren't yet feeling it are going to be feeling it very harshly by Easter. The math is exponential and devastating, and it's going to change the political landscape going into the summer in ways we cannot yet anticipate.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
If your political stance depends on my posts, you never had a bone to stand on.

Ooooh, I had some very strong words to say about THIS particular assumption about my political beliefs but I don't feel like getting an ERA ban until July.

My fucking political stance is dependent on the politicians VOTING RECORDS and Joe Biden's stinks like goddamn shit. Every piece of pivotal legislation he had a chance to vote in support of when it was MORALLY RIGHT he didn't because it wasn't convenient for him during the time.
The most recent kick in the gut was his dog shit bill that made student loan debt one of the few loans you can't file for bankruptcy for. Guaranteeing that me and millions of other college students (and their cosigners ) are shackled with $100k+ debt for the rest of our foreseeable future all while calling us whiny little shits.

Maybe it would do well for posters like you to realize that there are plenty of people on this forum where a politicians policies have genunienly hurt them in serious material ways and not just treat them as abstracts and numbers games for political slapfights in OT threads.

He was my 5th fucking choice. My first was Sanders and my second was Warren. All of that based on their records, what their constituents had to say about them and who funds their campaigns.

Don't fucking flatter yourself by thinking voters truly think what ERA says is worth a damn.

Last edited:

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
I don't begrudge anyone for not voting if they don't believe in the candidates. Nothing changes if you just keep voting for whats there rather than a candidate that you believe in.

This isn't directed at you, but I do want to re-emphasize once again that the vast majority of the posters on this board who are saying they 'aren't voting for Biden' are not people who are going to stay home at the general election. These are people that are at minimum going to commit to down ballot voting. That includes me. If anything this is one of the few times I would argue being nice is essential because people who stay home at GE are NOT the people to even care about politics enough participate in threads like this on an even semi-regular basis.

If they were truly serious about those voters they would be out there canvassing door to door and phone banking.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Americans who aren't yet feeling it are going to be feeling it very harshly by Easter. The math is exponential and devastating, and it's going to change the political landscape going into the summer in ways we cannot yet anticipate.

My hope is that they're not so far gone that when the loss occurs, they'll know it was Federal lack of preparedness, not China, that did this to them.

If they automatically go with, "It's China, and only Trump can save us from them," as the simple solution to not have to face the awful truth "The guy you voted for just got your loved one killed" then it's going to be really bad in November.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
If Biden is the nominee we will lose. Measures need to be taken and pressure needs to be put on him to drop the fuck out. Pick another moderate, but don't pick a rapist.
Then don't vote and see what happens. Saying "he's a rapist but I'm going to vote for him anyways" is not exactly going to encourage people to turn out to vote.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
What does this have to do with me voting? We are still in the primary stage. Biden being the nominee can be prevented.

Yes, and? You want to replace a rapist with another rapist?
What other choice do you have? Not voting would make the current rapist-in-chief embolden himself and other rapists.

Hate to say it but Democrats are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Not voting is still a vote for Trump.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
What other choice do you have? Not voting would make the current rapist-in-chief embolden himself and other rapists.

Hate to say it but Democrats are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Not voting is still a vote for Trump.
Biden isn't the nominee yet... This can still be prevented. Make him drop out and run someone else.

May 26, 2018
Think we're about to find out that in a choice between two rapists, people may prefer choosing death of their party instead, or something akin to that feeling.

Democratic Party has an important choice to make. If they hold on instead, it will probably obliterate the party itself.

Damn is democracy fragile.