• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
OMG must watch this now. I bought the movie over this past weekend and while I enjoy the sights and sounds of the movie, the story is just so stupid.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Poor Luke, the senile old man got his identity stolen by Rey.

Luke Nobody is dumb for throwing away his saber in ROTJ, instead of completing his and Vader's character arcs he should have fought Sheev with two sabers and waited until deus ex force ghosts turned him into the jedi avatar. What an idiot, maybe Sheev wouldn't have the time to jump into a new body.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hits all the good points

God this movie was trash. I only consider VIII the good one

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The absolute nothing that became of Finn's character is tragic.

Dead on about bringing the TLJ community together to all hate this movie though.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
was gonna say "ll wait for the commentary" because Ive been watching those sorta like a podcast lately, but I wonder if they will even do one since they are mostly working from home lately :(

I miss charting with dan :(

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Era: I choose to look at nothing from Star Wars outside of the movies. That's my canon!

Also Era: Ugh these novels, comics, and visual dictionaries are ruining my characters and canon!

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
was gonna say "ll wait for the commentary" because Ive been watching those sorta like a podcast lately, but I wonder if they will even do one since they are mostly working from home lately :(

I miss charting with dan :(
Ahh damn that's a good point. I too really like their Honest Trailer Commentaries and would be sad if they don't do some sort of version of it for this.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Yes! You just need to buy the visual dictionary to find out!

Masterful storytelling

That's really not the problem. The movie itself made it clear enough that there is a high possiblity that this is the case with their last scene together. Not everything needs to be explicitly spelled out. The problem is...that they are father and daughter at all. It would have been even worse if they spelled it out explicitly in the movie because that fact is just so hilariously contrived and nonsensical.

With all the "X is the daughter of Y and granddaughter of Z while also being the brother of K" they manage to find ANOTHER character who just has to be related to one of the Retro 4. And it adds nothing to anything since it is the first and last time they meet in the movie. They should have cut that scene completely.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also regarding Jannah, this is the bit from the visual dictionary:

"When peace reigned, [Lando] attempted to start a family, but tragedy struck and his infant daughter vanished. It was only later that it became clear who the culprits behind the abduction were: the First Order, building their fighting forces but also specifically striking out at the old Alliance leadership."

Supposedly the novelization would have made it clear that Lando's daughter was Jannah, but I'm looking at the page where the scene takes place and nothing different is there. We get the dialogue (Where are you from, General?", "What about you kid?", etc.) and then he came to a realization on what he could do:

It hit him like a proton torpedo to the gut. He wasn't returning to Pasaana after all. Thousands, maybe millions of kids had been taken by the First Order - like his own little girl. And some of them, a very few, were special. The ones like Finn and Jannah, who had somehow managed to shake their First Order conditioning and make right choices.

Lando and the Lady Luck would help these special kids. Find their families, if that's what they wanted. Help them discover their place in the new galaxy. Heck, maybe he'd find his daughter. Probably not; he knew the odds. But that would be a pretty good way to spend his twilight years, right? If the kids were amendable, anyway.

Yes, according to leaks the two being family was at one point part of the story. But that seems to have been cut, and probably fairly early on (early enough for it be vague in every other expanded media), and from the reception of the idea I don't think it's something they will go back to.

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised they didn't bring up the whole "I am... [thing]" similarity between this and Endgame

Era: I choose to look at nothing from Star Wars outside of the movies. That's my canon!

Also Era: Ugh these novels, comics, and visual dictionaries are ruining my characters and canon!
Because no one wants EU material to compensate for information that should have been in the movie in the first place

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
3i2ktvdn338w.gif

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It really did unite TLJ lovers and haters, by being dogshit nobody liked lmao.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This trilogy as a whole, despite liking TLJ, has killed my interest in Star Wars. Couldn't even get excited for The Mandalorian outside of baby Yoda memes.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I disliked this film so much it made me appreciate the Last Jedi way more. I was extremely disappointed by TLJ.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Amazing.

Man, I still can't believe how DOGSHIT this movie was. It's actually just mind boggling in general how badly Disney fucked up the sequel trilogy so badly.