• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

Yeah, they went there. Also I legit did not know this got a second season. After two episodes I was out.

Last edited:

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't even finish watching. These are usually funny but this just brought back the bad memories of how terrible this show was.

I think it's because they usually nitpick bad things in something that is mediocre or just below passable. Iron Fist is terrible and there's little to redeem it. They mention a gun that only works at point blank range, but that would actually be sort of cool if he was able to use it outside of like 3 episodes. God that show was terrible.

Last edited:

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Fuck Ike Perlmutter, Jeph Loeb and Scott Buck for ruining Iron Fist for the general audience.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The sad thing is that there are some really good actors there in the middle

Also, they didn't showed the best part of the show that was the weird found footage clip showing an iron fist that actually don't suck

www.youtube.com

Netflix Iron Fist Old Footage 1948

Iron fist with two bulbs for hands! Actual proof!If you liked this then give a guy a comic to read: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/LookatmySnikts/create

Which was super weird because it was like an abilitease in a game that never gives you said ability

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
What a shit show. I was rewatching Daredevil, which is great, and now I'm The Defenders, I thought they would have fixed the problems that Iron Fist had but nope, it's all still there. I think I made it 3 or 4 episodes into Iron Fist years ago before realising I don't need to torture myself. There's a bunch of CW shows that are better quality lol.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm as easy on the Netflix shows as anyone, but even I admit Iron Fist was a stinker. Glad they gave Colleen Wing her props though.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
how ironic, I was just thinking of making a thread about Iron Fist today

maybe I still will

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I said it before and I'll say it again. It sucked but it got way better at the end of s2 and hinted at a fun and good s3.
Imo it was a worthy watch.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope someday he will be redeemed in the MCU proper :)

Maybe will need a recast though, unlike other Netflix characters that could be integrated into the MCU...

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gotta say that's quite creative cinematography to obscure an actor who refused to do the stunts lol
She was really into the character

I guess back then people also still had high hopes for the Netflix shows

Bruh what the hell is that comic costume design in the thumbnail

And then comic misogynists get really pissed when the sexualised designs aren't carried over to live action.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The sad thing is that there are some really good actors there in the middle

Also, they didn't showed the best part of the show that was the weird found footage clip showing an iron fist that actually don't suck

www.youtube.com

Netflix Iron Fist Old Footage 1948

Iron fist with two bulbs for hands! Actual proof!If you liked this then give a guy a comic to read: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/LookatmySnikts/create

Which was super weird because it was like an abilitease in a game that never gives you said ability

Far and away, this was the best part of the series. How sad.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Gotta say that's quite creative cinematography to obscure an actor who refused to do the stunts lol

Bruh what the hell is that comic costume design in the thumbnail

And then comic misogynists get really pissed when the sexualised designs aren't carried over to live action.

It's probably not even the most over the top costume the character has worn.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I quit this show on the very first episode when he softly pushed a guy onto a chair and it somehow knocked the guy the fuck out.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best thing I got from this show was the memes me and my friends made. "IM DANNY RAND!!!!!" (In the style of judge dredd saying "The Law")

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
The 2nd season kinda turned a corner by removing the Iron Fist from Danny and giving it to someone worthy in Colleen...but then they tried to be clever with the twist ending of him now having two iron fists that can shoot magic bullets. So bad, good riddance.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Did they ever actually put him in his cool ass costume?
They butchered it in a flashback of him training in Kun Lun apparently. From what I read, they wanted to make it reflect ceremonial masks along with the black eye paint soldiers and footballers use for glare protection. Sigh.

MV5BNGQ3OTBlYjQtYzIwMi00ODBmLTk3ZDctZDMwMTU3Yjc0ZmI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY4MDI2NTA@._V1_.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
As an aside, no character heel turns from annoying shitbird to all around decent guy quite like Ward.

Oct 27, 2017
Both seasons run together in my memory now. At the time I thought season 1 was genuinely, offensively bad. With super low expectations I went into season 2 and remember thinking it was much improved but still not great.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
That montage of executive boardroom meetings is how I remember the show.

I wonder how long till they try and bring the character into the MCU.