• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Title says all.

But if you want more context: I have a wishlist that, since I started getting back into video gaming after a several years hiatus, went into the literal hundreds on Steam. Granted, I'll only ever get less than a tenth of those games on my Steam wishlist and even then that's exaggerating. I'm just wondering what I should how I can keep track of the games that are NOT on Steam at all. I was going through my thread a while back of RPGs (CPRGs and JRPGs and so on) that are coming out in the future and a huge chunk of them aren't even on Steam or aren't on Steam yet.

Is there a website that works specifically for this reason? I know that there's a "My Video Game List" similar to MAL but barely anyone uses it and apparently it doesn't account for every single game on there. Any other tools I can use as well?

Bonus points if you can give me a list of games that aren't on Steam that are upcoming or coming out in the future.

On a side note: I'd also like a game recommendation or two for a video game that I can get for under $15 since I could use a video game to play right now (been reading too much).

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
https://backloggery.com/
It's intended for games you own, but I think you can probably use that as a wishlist too?

Also, PSN does have a wishlist feature (web-only, not on the console store afaik), don't know about other platforms though.

As for your recommendation: Hollow Knight

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I just remember what I want. You could maybe use something like backloggery or backloggd.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
https://backloggery.com/
It's intended for games you own, but I think you can probably use that as a wishlist too?

Also, PSN does have a wishlist feature (web-only, not on the console store afaik), don't know about other platforms though.

As for your recommendation: Hollow Knight
Oooooo, never heard of this!

Also, I already have Hollow Knight, but thanks all the same! You're a pretty helpful mod.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Just use a checklist app. I use Microsoft's To Do for all my games, comics and TV series to play/read/watch.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
For Digital purchase of PC games you can use isthereanydeal.com which can link up with your libraries and wishlists to combine them and then check against the various official key sellers to tell you what's the lowest price recorded and currently available.

Otherwise for keeping track of your Library there's GOG Connect with the ability to link up all your launchers together

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
For Digital purchase of PC games you can use isthereanydeal.com which can link up with your libraries and wishlists to combine them and then check against the various official key sellers to tell you what's the lowest price recorded and currently available.

Otherwise for keeping track of your Library there's GOG Connect with the ability to link up all your launchers together
Nice, but what about the games that are early in development and aren't on any stores or websites? Does that include stuff like this?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I use gg.deals its the best site and every pc player should know about it, I just add it all to my wishlist then one day it'll tell me when its on steam if it never comes I never buy

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I use gg.deals its the best site and every pc player should know about it, I just add it all to my wishlist then one day it'll tell me when its on steam if it never comes I never buy
Noice.

Honestly, these are all good suggestions but I hope that they cover games that aren't on Steam or any other website. I guess we'll see...

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The same way you keep track of everyday or week things you want that aren't on steam? Mental note, or make a list on your planner or something. We have the technology, people had that same technology back in the olden days too.

I also bookmark gg.deals with the feed thingy. I never actually put games on a wish list though.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I personally use Airtable for my needs. I have t separated by Games with Dates, GamePass, Kickstarter and games I'm interested in with No date. Since 90% of the time the game's on Steam, I just have specific tags for if it'll be on EGS or something.

I'm using the free version, so I can't quite customize it for max readability, but it works well enough for me, personally. It also isn't something that'd be too difficult on, say, an excel sheet, and it's easy to share with others.

airtable.com

Upcoming Games - Airtable

A personal video game list for upcoming, released, and owned games (mainly PlayStation focused but that can be changed). Also, a simple game backlog tracker for anyone. Designed to make my personal backlog more manageable given the time commitments of adult life :), but I hope this benefits...

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I just keep a spreadsheet. I used to keep a Notepad file. Spreadsheet works well imo. I just do the name and the release date and sort that way. Split it up between Upcoming Games and Released Games.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I personally use Airtable for my needs. I have t separated by Games with Dates, GamePass, Kickstarter and games I'm interested in with No date. Since 90% of the time the game's on Steam, I just have specific tags for if it'll be on EGS or something.

I'm using the free version, so I can't quite customize it for max readability, but it works well enough for me, personally. It also isn't something that'd be too difficult on, say, an excel sheet, and it's easy to share with others.

airtable.com

Upcoming Games - Airtable

A personal video game list for upcoming, released, and owned games (mainly PlayStation focused but that can be changed). Also, a simple game backlog tracker for anyone. Designed to make my personal backlog more manageable given the time commitments of adult life :), but I hope this benefits...
Niiiiiice

Thank you!

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Oooooo, never heard of this!

Also, I already have Hollow Knight, but thanks all the same! You're a pretty helpful mod.
Aw :3 you're welcome!

How about Valfaris? It's on sale right now. There's also a Focus Home sale, with great games like Vampyr A Plague Tale being heavily discounted (around, or less than, $20 CAD, so I assume it's about your price range).
What kind of games do you like anyway?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Find the game on gg.deals, create an alert specifying the Steam version and wait patiently.
Presuming you know what you want that aren't on there. I don't know if there's some kind of up-to-date list somewhere.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Aw :3 you're welcome!

How about Valfaris? It's on sale right now. There's also a Focus Home sale, with great games like Vampyr A Plague Tale being heavily discounted (around, or less than, $20 CAD, so I assume it's about your price range).
What kind of games do you like anyway?
It's definitely in my price range.

I say $15 or less because as embarrassing as it is to say this: my credit card was closed and I'm getting my new one in several days at most. So I only have $15 on my Steam account. Other than that, I got nothing. 😅

Also... RPGs, RPGs, RPGs. But besides that: platformers, horror games, mystery, anything with a great story, etc.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
It's definitely in my price range.

I say $15 or less because as embarrassing as it is to say this: my credit card was closed and I'm getting my new one in several days at most. So I only have $15 on my Steam account. Other than that, I got nothing. 😅

Also... RPGs, RPGs, RPGs. But besides that: platformers, horror games, mystery, anything with a great story, etc.
Okay, no worries!
I think Vampyr sounds like what you'd enjoy and it's currently at its historical low. I highly recommend it, it's very underrated.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I use:

gg.deals

Game deals - Find video games on sale - GG.deals

Compare prices of video games from almost 60 stores, find the best game deals online. CD keys for all PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PC games on the market at the best price!

You can import your existing wishlists and libraries, then add any additional titles you want outside of that.

It has the side benefit of letting you know about deals, but I mostly use it organisationally.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I use:

gg.deals

Game deals - Find video games on sale - GG.deals

Compare prices of video games from almost 60 stores, find the best game deals online. CD keys for all PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PC games on the market at the best price!

You can import your existing wishlists and libraries, then add any additional titles you want outside of that.

It has the side benefit of letting you know about deals, but I mostly use it organisationally.
Niiiiice

Thanks!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I use IsThereAnyDeal, since gg.deals doesn't have itch.io. Doesn't help if you want to add games that aren't on any PC store, however.
Im surprised to see this website recommanded so down on the first page. This is my go to website that helped me save hundred of $$$ for years. Also they are almost on point with sending email when there are discount compared to Steam

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Never even heard of this website tbh
You can import your steam wishlist and add games that aren't on steam like GoG. Also the best part is that you can customise the discount meaning you can say, notify me only if the price goes down at that specific price, and you have a history of every lowest price a website had, for exemple, you often saw website like gamersgate or fanatical had always lower price than steam

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
You can import your steam wishlist and add games that aren't on steam like GoG. Also the best part is that you can customise the discount meaning you can say, notify me only if the price goes down at that specific price, and you have a history of every lowest price a website had, for exemple, you often saw website like gamersgate or fanatical had always lower price than steam
real shit

👀

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Alright, thanks everyone.

If anyone wants to use this thread to help out other people or to give more suggestions, then please do so.