• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

It's Friday 3pm and you got homework

• Do it that Friday, break for Urkel.

Votes: 37 17.5%
  • Do it Saturday between cartoons and having a social life....

Votes: 17 8.1%
  • Do it Sunday, Simpsons is bad now anyway

Votes: 100 47.4%
  • Monday in homeroom/on the bus

Votes: 57 27.0%

• Total voters

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If I did my homework, it was Sunday night when the guilt and anxiety was at the peak. The few times I was proactive and did it on a Friday felt so good, there's no better feeling than being able to enjoy your weekend. But instead I'd spend the entire weekend with homework itching in the back of my brain, leaving it until Sunday night when I wasn't focused and just half-assed it.

Fuck, I don't miss school at all. Just thinking about this makes me anxious.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Either Sunday night or I just did it on monday morning, or just not at all because homework was bullshit.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I did homework less and less throughout my four years of high school. My senior year, I kid you not, I did maybe three homework assignments.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Well it must be weird for my kid (7 years old) because homework has been... mostly all the time because of Covid. School is homework. There is no differentiating the two.

But when I was a kid, I dreaded that shit. It was the worst. Put it off as long as I could

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I did it on Friday when I could. Things eventually got hard enough that it would take all weekend. IB sucks.

Oct 29, 2017
Middle school and younger me would do it on Sunday night. High school me would do it on a free period the same day it was assigned. Undergrad me was taking courses where the work was either a quick thing you can do whenever or a single assignment that will take the whole semester.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
In high school I definitely did it Sunday lmao

But in undergrad, idk I think I just spread it all out through the week. Work on things when I could so my weekends would mostly be free/for studying and review as opposed to actual homework. If I could do something night of, I would.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I rarely had homework in High School. I usually finished it at school. The only time I had homework was when it was a project.

Post-Secondary I was probably doing school work every night.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I did homework last minute every night before bed/woke up early to finish it. Kids these days have it easy. They figured out if nobody does homework, then they won't get any. (I taught in an impoverished area so your mileage may vary on that one.)

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
In 12 years of school I don't think I ever did homework on a weekend day other than sunday. Like honestly never

I'm deadline oriented. I still am these days.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Elementary to high school: Did it Friday so I could play video games all weekend.

University: studied Friday-Sunday mornings/afternoons for about 3-4 hours, then worked at the cafeteria in the evening. Saturdays I just chilled after 5pm and did whatever, which was usually watch anime or play Counter-Strike.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
On my day off in college. Usually Saturday morning or Friday Night. Sunday's are for resting or studying a little for Monday lecture.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Friday night - I had to schedule a set time for it, especially in college, or I wouldn't pass.

I wasn't always 100% about sticking to it, but I knew if I didn't get to it right away I'd procrastinate.

OP
OP
xir

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
side note: not having homework is likely what gave us Steve Martin, his family moved to some town where they didnt assign homework, so he took his extra time and started working at the disney magic shop

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
In high school I never did homework and was mostly a B- to D level student.

In medical school I basically just always have some kind of studying going, it's 7 days a week or else I'm buried alive

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
side note: not having homework is likely what gave us Steve Martin, his family moved to some town where they didnt assign homework, so he took his extra time and started working at the disney magic shop
I love this. Martin is a hero of mine, and I barely did homework

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I'd do it on Sunday considering I was some lazy teenage garbage.
And, uh, I should get back to my uni paper.

CMP

Oct 27, 2017
United States of America
I don't know why, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did for weekend homework back in high school. Maybe I did nothing? But I definitely did my homework/projects on Sundays while at university

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Up until high school I usually finished my homework on Friday or on the way back from school. Once college started homework took way more time (to be expected).

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious where the "I'm too cool to do homework, it was stupid" folks ended up in their careers.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I keep knowing I have essays due for 2 to 3 weeks in advance and thinking that I will do them 1 to 2 weeks in advance so I don't have to worry about it but I always end up doing them the day before they are due...

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I keep knowing I have essays due for 2 to 3 weeks in advance and thinking that I will do them 1 to 2 weeks in advance so I don't have to worry about it but I always end up doing them the day before they are due...
Yeah that was me. I think the idea is "training" for real life work spaces. Do this inane shit by this important deadline. It's meant to inoculate you to the horrific mundane bullshit that is office life

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Any homework I couldn't finish at school the day I got it was done the day it was due in an earlier class.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did for weekend homework back in high school. Maybe I did nothing? But I definitely did my homework/projects on Sundays while at university
Neither can I and it's freaking me out! I have basically no recollection of weekend homework in grade school. I feel like I rarely had any weekend work unless a project was due?? That said, if I did I have any, I probably did it on Friday or maybe Sunday.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I'm curious where the "I'm too cool to do homework, it was stupid" folks ended up in their careers.

I didn't do homework. Everything has gone pretty well.

After an early adulthood doing interesting jobs I opted for security and took a job in the public service.

Remember you can always do an adult entry for Uni.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Got it all done in my spare . Made sure it was my last period.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I have never done homework, the only downside was the teacher saying I should "apply myself".
But I was good enough on tests that it didn't matter in the end.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm in my last class of grad school and I still wait the night before (or the hours before it needs to be submitted).

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely don't remember. It was probably so numbingly dull that it's been wiped from my memory banks.

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I usually did it as soon as possible, usually in school. It sounds like what an ideal student should do, but it's not great for my mental health. I get overly anxious if I have responsibilities to do so I want it done as soon as possible, even if it the deadline was weeks away. If even a few days pass, I get really panicky, sometimes to the point where I feel like I have low self-esteem or suicidal just because I didn't finish an assignment early. Been hospitalized a few times cause of this mindset. Life with mental illness sucks lol

Got perfect grades in high school and got accepted to a really good university with this mindset, but I'm still struggling to think if it was worth the mental struggles.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Before college? I don't remember. Probably saved it for Saturday/Sunday night unless it was easy and I could blow through it quickly. College however, I worked on homework almost non-stop.

Noel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Tried to always do my homework at school (during other classes, study hall, etc). If the assignment was too big, then it would be Sunday night.