• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I applied for a home mortgage loan with my local credit union and they turned me down purely for having a zero credit score. (No debt = no credit score)
Any recommendations for a company to apply for a home mortgage loan with no credit score? I've heard of Churchill Mortgage but I saw a lot of bad reviews online.

Last edited:

52club

Oct 27, 2017
I applied for a home mortgage loan with my local credit union and they turned me down purely for having a zero credit score. (No debt = no credit score)
Any recommendations for a company to apply for a home mortgage loan with no credit score? I've heard of Churchill Mortgage but I saw a lot of bad reviews online.

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but build your credit score first. Otherwise the rates you'll most likely get are going to be higher.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I've been saving for a house for pretty much 4 years since I moved back from college and back with my parents. I found a really nice house back in September which I totally fell for, it ticked all the boxes; nice area, fairly new build, lovely sized kitchen/garden. The only downside until yesterday was an old boiler.

So after 2 months of dramatically waiting and sorting out things, the searches came back and there's a coal mine entrance nearby. My solicitor wants me to send off for a further report to see if there's any risk of subsidence; if so, he strongly recommends I think it through before proceeding. Apparently the coal board cover you for any damage, but it's a massive red flag to potential buyers, so I could be in the same position in 5-6 years (it would be my first home). I optimistically asked my solicitor if it could still all turn out okay and he told me to expect the worst basically.

I got back home and was so devastated. We're potentially weeks from exchange, and I was getting so excited. Lesson learned I guess. It just feels so deflating and demoralising to be potentially back to square 1, and I've lost out all told on about £1000+ for solicitors fees, surveys and searches. I was so looking forward to that independence, it would have been so great for me (and my relationship!).

Anybody else been in a similar position? I know I'll find a property eventually, just feel very bleak about the whole thing.

Oct 25, 2017

Either get a lot more money to put down, or build credt. Motrgage's are high risk for lenders so they're going to be strick.

Anybody else been in a similar position? I know I'll find a property eventually, just feel very bleak about the whole thing.

We found a house we loved and I got laid off the day after we made an offer. It sucks, a lot, but sometimes you just gotta roll with it and keep looking.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
We found a house we loved and I got laid off the day after we made an offer. It sucks, a lot, but sometimes you just gotta roll with it and keep looking.
Yuuuuuuuuuup. Happened to us too. Lots of red flags so we bailed. Ended up finding a better house and we've been in it for 7 years now. Things will work out for the best.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Been feeling sick as a dog all day, but think I've made my choice. It's just too risky. I desperately want a place, but I need to think long term.

Back to square 1...

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Been feeling sick as a dog all day, but think I've made my choice. It's just too risky. I desperately want a place, but I need to think long term.

Back to square 1...

Keep looking, you'll find one you will love. Keep an open mind too. The one I finally bought wasn't in my original target area at all. I was just fixated on what I was comfortable with.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Good choice, you won't regret it. Another house will come along

Keep looking, you'll find one you will love. Keep an open mind too. The one I finally bought wasn't in my original target area at all. I was just fixated on what I was comfortable with.

Thanks guys. Keeping an open mind as much as possible. Guess I've got one more Christmas at my folks place, which might be nice actually.

It just means when I do get a place I'll appreciate it so much more.

Oct 25, 2017

Back to square 1...

The thing to remember is this a long term commitment and investment on your part. It's never great to start out already in an uphill battle; obviously the caveat being a great opportunity in a below market home.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The thing to remember is this a long term commitment and investment on your part. It's never great to start out already in an uphill battle; obviously the caveat being a great opportunity in a below market home.
Quite right. I showed the mining report to a friend of a friend who's a mortgage underwriter and he said to steer well clear.

Still, booked four property viewings (one of them tonight!) so getting right back in the horse.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Not really question but I just want to rant.

Found out there's no loop for a water softener in my garage despite there being a clearly indicated area where one could've been. Plumbers didn't want to dig through my nice spray foam insulation to find where the main comes in so they asked me to track down the original plumber.

Fucker keeps ghosting me going on three days now, so I might just have to bite the bullet and pay for the other plumbers to come back with the tools to find the stuff and we'll do it live.

It's gonna cost me an arm and a leg but I'm tired of scaling buildup on my dishes and shower and it's just so fucking annoying because if the builder had put one in before finishing the house it would've cost him like $50.

Fuck this nonsense. Small ass towns where it's impossible to get anything done in a weekend.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Question for HVAC people!

I have a new furnace. It got cold so I turned it on for the first time this season. The draft inducer kicks on and then cycles off without the furnace igniting. So no heat comes out. It just cycles on and off with the inducer forever. Hmm.

So I did some googling and I tried matching up the error code blinking on the control panel to some guesses I came up with. Flashing green light and solid red light...so it looks like it is the pressure switch. I dunno what that is but I kinda figure it out. I actually remove the tubes from the pressure switch that connect to the inducer and suck on them which is what the internet told me to do. When I suck on it, I hear a clicking sound. Sounds like the switch being triggered.

Anyway...I have no idea if this is coincidence or some sick joke by some higher power but the furnace kicks in and it turns bright orange. Suddenly heat is in my house. Wow go figure.

The thermostat seems fine, though unlike with my AC the Nest is not giving me an accurate time to temp. It just is stuck on 2+ HRs. Anyway it heats up fine. Next morning it works fine too so I think I am beyond whatever issue I had.

However...a few weeks go by and I have not used it since. Same situation. Turn on heat, inducer comes on, nothing happens, inducer shuts off. I remove tubes, suck on them randomly, furnace ignites, heat.

WTF is going on?

I don't understand the Nest time to temp thing. It works great on the AC side.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
It has begun! Nice to not have to scrape ice off the windshield after 9 years of parking outside...

lzPJrw5.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have dishwasher recommendations? The front panel on the one that came with the house went out and apparently Maytag is a piece of shit known for this. Rather than buy an expensive new panel I'd likely be replacing again, I feel I should just get something better.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have dishwasher recommendations? The front panel on mine went out on the one that came with the house and apparently Maytag is a piece of shit known for this. Rather than buy an expensive new panel I'd likely be replacing again, I feel I should just get something better.
I went with Bosch a couple of years ago based on sale price + really good reviews, and I've been very pleased with it. The reviews warned that Bosch is sensitive German engineering, so it's abnormally picky about what kind of soap you put in, but if you follow the instructions and use only the recommended soap, it works great.

Consumer Reports seems to say that Bosch and Whirlpool are the two best brands of dishwasher these days.

I would suggest getting one with a stainless steel tub. The cheaper ones with plastic tubs absorb stains and smells and steadily get worse with age. A stainless interior is functionally beneficial, while a stainless exterior is cosmetic.

Oct 25, 2017
I went with Bosch a couple of years ago based on sale price + really good reviews, and I've been very pleased with it. The reviews warned that Bosch is sensitive German engineering, so it's abnormally picky about what kind of soap you put in, but if you follow the instructions and use only the recommended soap, it works great.

Consumer Reports seems to say that Bosch and Whirlpool are the two best brands of dishwasher these days.

I would suggest getting one with a stainless steel tub. The cheaper ones with plastic tubs absorb stains and smells and steadily get worse with age. A stainless interior is functionally beneficial, while a stainless exterior is cosmetic.

Can echo Bosch. They seem to really be the best of the bunch and worth the money.

Jun 10, 2018
First, I want to say: Hello to everyone who's a regular of this OT. Always best to introduce yourself to a new crowd IMO.

Secondly: Whoo, its been a long year to get to this point, but yesterday I finally put in my earnest money deposit for a home. Inspections will be conducted over the next 10 days, and from there - based on the time table my agebt laud out for me - I'll officially be a homeowner sometime at the end of December.

My question is: I'm fully prepared for all of the "hidden" costs associated with home ownership (stuff like maintenance, trash/lawn fines, wtc.), but what else besides that should I expect as the biggest financial difference between renting and owning?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
First, I want to say: Hello to everyone who's a regular of this OT. Always best to introduce yourself to a new crowd IMO.

Secondly: Whoo, its been a long year to get to this point, but yesterday I finally put in my earnest money deposit for a home. Inspections will be conducted over the next 10 days, and from there - based on the time table my agebt laud out for me - I'll officially be a homeowner sometime at the end of December.

Congratulations!

My question is: I'm fully prepared for all of the "hidden" costs associated with home ownership (stuff like maintenance, trash/lawn fines, wtc.), but what else besides that should I expect as the biggest financial difference between renting and owning?

Are you moving into a larger space than your previous one? Go slow on any new furniture buying. I went overboard and stretched myself a little too thin in the first couple of months. Only after a couple of months will you know what you truly need in a new house.

Tools if you are doing lawn-care/snow removal yourself. Those added up surprisingly quickly for me.

If you have many trees, care is expensive. Major trimming, removal, soil/trunk injections, all are in the hundreds if not thousands!

Depending on your area, ask around if you need to get a sewer line and/or Radon inspection done.

Jun 10, 2018
Congratulations!

Are you moving into a larger space than your previous one? Go slow on any new furniture buying. I went overboard and stretched myself a little too thin in the first couple of months. Only after a couple of months will you know what you truly need in a new house.

Tools if you are doing lawn-care/snow removal yourself. Those added up surprisingly quickly for me.

If you have many trees, care is expensive. Major trimming, removal, soil/trunk injections, all are in the hundreds if not thousands!

Depending on your area, ask around if you need to get a sewer line and/or Radon inspection done.
Thanks for the advice!

I lucked out a bit on the lawn - its devoid of any sort of trees or shrubs which would be prpblematic with potential overgrowth. Size is virtually the same as the place I'm in now, a two-story rowhome on a relatively quiet city block, save for the kitchen being a tad smaller.

You have a point about the tools - I definitely have to look into getting a toolkit sometime in the future as well as other things like a shovel, lawn mower, and salt layer for any snowfall. Also a ladder as well for any kind pf rpofing too (particularly cleaning the gutters).

Oct 25, 2017

In all seriousness, stress. I wish more people spent time talking to me about the stress ownership can put on you when you have unexpected situations. Even when you have the financial means there is a lot to deal with: 1. finding repair people 2. calling them for quotes 3. picking a quote 4. making sure they show up etc etc etc. It can be REALLY hard to get certain contractors out for specific jobs if they're deemed "too small". For example, we needed our front steps redone and getting a mason out took a lot of time and we still don't have a railing because there's only so many rail companies whom do them all custom. This can be long, exhausting, and emotionally draining to have to stay on top of. Nevermind the panic/stress/whatever of seeing a giant wet spot with dripping water in a ceiling or water creeping in from a basement wall or your heat/ac not working in the worst months.

To me these are the real hidden costs of ownership. Everything else you can overcome with patience & planning.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, stress. I wish more people spent time talking to me about the stress ownership can put on you when you have unexpected situations. Even when you have the financial means there is a lot to deal with: 1. finding repair people 2. calling them for quotes 3. picking a quote 4. making sure they show up etc etc etc. It can be REALLY hard to get certain contractors out for specific jobs if they're deemed "too small". For example, we needed our front steps redone and getting a mason out took a lot of time and we still don't have a railing because there's only so many rail companies whom do them all custom. This can be long, exhausting, and emotionally draining to have to stay on top of. Nevermind the panic/stress/whatever of seeing a giant wet spot with dripping water in a ceiling or water creeping in from a basement wall or your heat/ac not working in the worst months.

To me these are the real hidden costs of ownership. Everything else you can overcome with patience & planning.
We needed out front steps redone too. Thank god our next door neighbor is an ironworker and we were able to have him do the rails. One fewer contractor to find.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
It has been a wonderful week........

1) my not that old heat pump died and requires an expensive repair. Parts are under warranty. Labor is not. Still super expensive.

2) my roof appears to now have a leak.

3) my front gutter I've been fighting since I've moved in mostly just wants to spill water over the edge now. I thought I banged out a lot of the problems since it was working better for awhile, but I guess not. I was hoping it would last me until the spring when I will have more money. I suppose if my heat pump and roof are busted I might as well just toss new gutters in there at this point.

Mostly just felt like bitching somewhere. Carry on :-)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

1) my not that old heat pump died and requires an expensive repair. Parts are under warranty. Labor is not. Still super expensive.

3) my front gutter I've been fighting since I've moved in mostly just wants to spill water over the edge now. I thought I banged out a lot of the problems since it was working better for awhile, but I guess not. I was hoping it would last me until the spring when I will have more money. I suppose if my heat pump and roof are busted I might as well just toss new gutters in there at this point.

Hope you got some savings. That sucks. :(

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
It will hit my savings pretty hard and will take some time to build back up, but thankfully I can pay cash for everything...even if I need the back half of my roof fully replaced.
Awesome. Hope this is the last of your bad luck streak.

We gotta replace our roof after this winter... Haven't had any leaks or anything but it's time according to the inspector. Hopefully nothing else shits the bed. We've done every major repair we'd been planning on already.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware

Late to the party, but I feel you.

Ran into a bunch of issues when I got my house. Ended up replacing the roof after 2 years.. It was in terrible shape and the previous owner really screwed me over. It had 3 layers of shingles, and I still don't get how the inspector missed that. Had to have a water/tile system put in place for the basement, otherwise, whenever it rained hard, we'd get water down there. Those two alone were $15,000. And that's only after 2 years - been here for 5.

Houses can definitely become money pits. But I'd do it anytime, especially compared to living in an apartment or a crappy townhouse.

Waiting on the furnace to go now. It's 12 years old, I know it's going to bite me in the ass eventually.

OP
OP
vacantseas

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
I started a master bath renovation back in early September. Ripped everything out pretty much down to the studs. Should finally have everything wrapped up this weekend or next. Just a few small details/final things to do to complete everything. Will post before/after pics. It looks/feels like a luxury spa in there now. It's wonderful!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
No, we bought just outside Huntsville, AL.

Nice. Was just wondering because December closings are rather rare up north here in Michigan. I didn't find my house till late Feb.

Thanks. It has a garage so I can plug the car in without worrying and we have a powered workshop in the fenced in back yard. It's a couple blocks from a nice park with a fishing lake.

Will you have to install some sort of charging station? How much does all of that cost?

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Nice. Was just wondering because December closings are rather rare up north here in Michigan. I didn't find my house till late Feb.

Will you have to install some sort of charging station? How much does all of that cost?
No, I'm using a 110v charging cable. I have a plug-in hybrid so it's battery capacity isn't as large as something like a Tesla. Mine will charge in around 8 hours on 110. If I did go for the 220v charging station it would charge a lot faster, but I don't think it's worth the investment for me right now.

Linkura
Yeah, the garage was a requirement in our search. My wife and I were discussing giving up a portion of the back yard for a two car garage (corner lot, so there's access) and converting the existing garage into a small den with a fireplace (house is currently lacking a fireplace), but that would be something that would take place a few years from now. We want to get a good feel for the place before we start making any major changes.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Were trying to secure a HELOC before things get to crazy with rates. We have cash for the renovation we want to do but if we can avoid burning it all in one shot it'd be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't rates already crazy? I am not sure what the standard rate is but Chase keeps sending me letters and the 7% they offer seems rather high.

They dipped back down to 4.5 according to our mortgage rep. We just need to see what we can get and at what rate. We really want to do this work so unless it's something egregious like 6-8 then we'll probably do it. As I said we have the cash to do it but the HELOC buys flexibility in not spending all up front.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna pop in here to leave a quick review of the Arlo Pro 2 camera system. Figured there might be some folks in here thinking about getting one.

The Arlo system is great if you fit exactly into the mold the product was designed for. You live in a detached single family home and want to keep an eye on your front and/or back doors to your home, or an area in your house (such as your kid's play room or your dog during the day while you're gone). The sleek compact design allows you to easily conceal the camera and will fit pretty much anywhere. I was surprised how long the battery seems to hold up. After 4 days of the camera being on, it's captured about 50 videos, and I've also used the live view for a few minutes at a time and the battery is at 99%.

tl;dr version of next 2 paragraphs: Don't get Arlo if you need 24/7 CVR, which it advertises it does.

If your use case strays at all from what the product was designed for, then it starts to fall apart, which is what happened with me. I live in a town home complex, with rules against mounting cameras all over the unit. I live next to someone whom I'm 95% sure is a drug dealer, he operates out of his home and does transactions in broad daylight in the parking lot. I want to capture some of this activity on camera, but because of HOA rules, I can't mount a camera on my unit with a good view of the parking lot, so it needs to be looking out of a window. Since IR can't "see" through a window, the motion activation doesn't work, so I need something which records 24/7. That's why I specifically got the Arlo Pro 2, with that camera, if you leave it plugged in, you can subscribe to the Arlo CVR feature for $10/mo and record 24/7 to the cloud.

At first, things seemed great. But then it came time to review some of the CVR footage which is where it all falls apart. You review the footage on the cloud, and the player is built with fucking Flash, so it's buggy as hell. There's no fast forward, no slow motion, you can't move frame by frame, you can't zoom in, and there is no timestamp on the video it self, just in the player timeline (which isn't 100% accurate). Without a timestamp on the video, I wonder if the footage is even usable by police. When you move around on the timeline, it might take 1 second to load the frame and play, or it might take 30 seconds... or it might not even load at all! Worst of all, if you find some footage you'd like to hang on to... YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY OF THE CVR FOOTAGE. It's locked away in the cloud, I'd need to use screen capture software on my PC to pull CVR footage to my computer. What the fuck is the point of this feature anyways?

So I'm taking the Arlo back to Best Buy, and I already bought this Lorex Wifi camera system with local storage, just waiting for it to ship. Cameras aren't as good as the Arlos, but at least I won't have to deal with subscription and cloud bullshit with the system.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna pop in here to leave a quick review of the Arlo Pro 2 camera system. Figured there might be some folks in here thinking about getting one.

The Arlo system is great if you fit exactly into the mold the product was designed for. You live in a detached single family home and want to keep an eye on your front and/or back doors to your home, or an area in your house (such as your kid's play room or your dog during the day while you're gone). The sleek compact design allows you to easily conceal the camera and will fit pretty much anywhere. I was surprised how long the battery seems to hold up. After 4 days of the camera being on, it's captured about 50 videos, and I've also used the live view for a few minutes at a time and the battery is at 99%.

tl;dr version of next 2 paragraphs: Don't get Arlo if you need 24/7 CVR, which it advertises it does.

If your use case strays at all from what the product was designed for, then it starts to fall apart, which is what happened with me. I live in a town home complex, with rules against mounting cameras all over the unit. I live next to someone whom I'm 95% sure is a drug dealer, he operates out of his home and does transactions in broad daylight in the parking lot. I want to capture some of this activity on camera, but because of HOA rules, I can't mount a camera on my unit with a good view of the parking lot, so it needs to be looking out of a window. Since IR can't "see" through a window, the motion activation doesn't work, so I need something which records 24/7. That's why I specifically got the Arlo Pro 2, with that camera, if you leave it plugged in, you can subscribe to the Arlo CVR feature for $10/mo and record 24/7 to the cloud.

At first, things seemed great. But then it came time to review some of the CVR footage which is where it all falls apart. You review the footage on the cloud, and the player is built with fucking Flash, so it's buggy as hell. There's no fast forward, no slow motion, you can't move frame by frame, you can't zoom in, and there is no timestamp on the video it self, just in the player timeline (which isn't 100% accurate). Without a timestamp on the video, I wonder if the footage is even usable by police. When you move around on the timeline, it might take 1 second to load the frame and play, or it might take 30 seconds... or it might not even load at all! Worst of all, if you find some footage you'd like to hang on to... YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY OF THE CVR FOOTAGE. It's locked away in the cloud, I'd need to use screen capture software on my PC to pull CVR footage to my computer. What the fuck is the point of this feature anyways?

So I'm taking the Arlo back to Best Buy, and I already bought this Lorex Wifi camera system with local storage, just waiting for it to ship. Cameras aren't as good as the Arlos, but at least I won't have to deal with subscription and cloud bullshit with the system.

I replaced my DVR with an Arlo because the DVR solution just totally sucked from the software side of things. This is unviersal across all of them except for maybe the Ubiquit products. They're all just rebranded cameras with rebranded software that never sees updates to actually improve it. Getting motion detection figured out is a constant trial and error that I just stopped caring with it. The software on my Synology is moderately better, but requires licensing costs after 2 cameras and again it's not as reliable with motion detection as my Arlo (and Nest) systems.

The arlo certainly could benefit from frame by frame & time stamping, but I view it more as a monitoring tool and not a 24/7 survelliance system like the Lorex is. I don't know why you couldn't download video, because I was able to do it from my phone.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
I got my Arlo Pro 2 right after Hurricane Florence (September?). It's pretty great and perfect for what I need but I understand how it might not be for everyone. Batteries on front and back door are around 50%, which is pretty damn good. My only issue is when my front camera picks up passing traffic. Luckily it's rare even though I'm on a busy street downtown. 3 out of the 4 neighbors on my block have them too, which can provide some great video if anything happens. I got them when my neighbor had her Arlos stolen. She sent the footage (including live from the thief's pocket) to the police and he was arrested within the day.

So finally completed my bathroom remodel. Here a before and some after pics.
Looks great! The subway tile, penny tile, and the color are a classic look. Jealous of your tub. Considering posting my kitchen remodel. 🤔

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Arlo pro user here. To me I just don't need 24/7 capture, but do want to capture stuff going on around my front door. I'd give it an 8.5/10 for that. It isn't perfect, but I don't think you'll find a better solution.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I replaced my DVR with an Arlo because the DVR solution just totally sucked from the software side of things. This is unviersal across all of them except for maybe the Ubiquit products. They're all just rebranded cameras with rebranded software that never sees updates to actually improve it. Getting motion detection figured out is a constant trial and error that I just stopped caring with it. The software on my Synology is moderately better, but requires licensing costs after 2 cameras and again it's not as reliable with motion detection as my Arlo (and Nest) systems.

The arlo certainly could benefit from frame by frame & time stamping, but I view it more as a monitoring tool and not a 24/7 survelliance system like the Lorex is. I don't know why you couldn't download video, because I was able to do it from my phone.
You can download the motion activated stuff, but not the CVR footage, CVR doesn't go to my 2 TB external HD either. If you can download CVR footage, I'd love to know how. I was all over their Support and Community pages and it doesn't seem to be possible. If the CVR player wasn't a pain in the ass to use and I could download footage to my PC, even if just 5-30 minute incriments, I would be pretty happy with Arlo. For $9.99/mo I expect better, though. Maybe later they'll make people pay $5 more a month for the ability to download CVR footage.

As for the Lorex system, I'm aware of the clunky CVR software and I'm not expecting any major updates to it, mainly because it seems to already do the basic things I need it do, things where the Arlo fails. Such as frame by frame, ff/rw, and not having to wait 5-30 seconds for it to load. I also won't have a constant video stream uploading to the cloud 24/7. For the motion activated features and their iOS/Android apps, we'll see how that goes but I'm willing to give it a shot, I only need the porch camera (motion activated) to give me an idea of where to look on the CVR footage, as long as it does that, I'll be happy. The main complaint I'm seeing w/ the system is the battery life, which won't be much of an issue for me since one of the two included cameras won't need a battery, so I'll always have one ready to go.

If the Lorex system is shit, I'll probably just give up on 24/7 CVR all together and get an older and cheaper Arlo system for my porch. I got the Pro 2 specifically because of the CVR feature so I won't need the fancy one anymore. If it wasn't for the damn HOA this would be a lot easier.

edit:
Watching a live feed of my town home parking lot is my new favorite poop time activity.

Last edited:

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We have a garbage disposal now. For a house warming gift my wife's aunt bought us one and her husband installed it since his dad was a electrician. Installed the switch under the sink. Luckily there was one spot in the fuse box left so it wasn't that bad of a task.

Wife is happy now. I made sure to joking warn her not to shove a whole bag salad down there like she did in our apartment. That was almost a disaster.