• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The-Boys-Homelander-plane-scene.jpg

Im five episodes into season 1

I'm good on a real life Superman. No thank you

Too much baggage comes with the responsibility and the power, if they're even a little corruptible or influenceable its a done deal. And if they're not influenceable who knows how the people in power will respond

also, what country will they be loyal to? and what will that mean for other countries?

yeesh

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the fantasy of Superman isn't about having superpowers, it's about imagining that the right person has those powers

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ironically, characters like Homelander and Plutonian really make me appreciate Superman. Clark is such a good boy

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I have almost no interest in Superman as a hero but evil Superman might be one of my favorite things ever.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's a great character so far. Really loving The Boys as someone who hasn't read the source material.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I was just thinking. I think Starr's Homelander is one of the best villains of all time. You have NO idea what's going to happen when he's on screen. You're on the edge of your seat.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The episode from that pic you posted really freaked me the eff out when it ended. All those people, thinking their hero was going to save them......and he ran because it was too hard.

Like for real when Maeve told him to lift the plane from underneath and his response was "how, there's no ground"........my mind was blown. I never considered that classic Superman feat would actually be something that was improbable for another superhero with similar powers.

He's Vic Mignogna with superpowers.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS I CANNOT UNSEE.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Homelander is probably the character in the show that I dislike the most, he has no redeemable qualities.
Homelander is a monster but he's also a pitiable one in a way. Much like The Plutonian, his true morals have completely cracked under the pressure of the facade he had to endure of being a god/the perfect man.

Everything about his life is manufactured and not real, he has no real family and was disturbingly lusting after Stillwell seeking some sort of bond or attachment to feed off becuase of it.

The Boys was kind of a shitty kind of juvenile comic book but I did like how it sort of highlighted how they're a bunch of children that never really got to grow up or be told no. They're spoiled idiots and they are extremely damaged/in a fucked up place mentally.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Now imagine a U.S. president that's a old baby that grew up having their way, never held responsible for anything. Terrifying.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The episode from that pic you posted really freaked me the eff out when it ended. All those people, thinking their hero was going to save them......and he ran because it was too hard.

Like for real when Maeve told him to lift the plane from underneath and his response was "how, there's no ground"........my mind was blown. I never considered that classic Superman feat would actually be something that was improbable for another superhero with similar powers.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS I CANNOT UNSEE.

still not sure if he let em die due to future plans for Vought or if he genuinely couldn't.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
In one season already one of the greatest villains in media ever. What a fantastic job they and Anthony Starr have done

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But he isn't Superman.

He's Vic Mignogna with superpowers. Or Zack Morris.
I havent watch the boys yet (keyword YET) but this guy is probably the best actor to portray Vig (he looks good enough to pull that bad vibe Vic sends)... I feel bad for this dude because he does look like Vic, but is probably a genuinely nice guy...... I can't not see the resemblance

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Well Homelander knows he is evil, these guys believed they were the heroes. Which is worse
6ced55550edb37a539e823bb7a729758.jpg

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
still not sure if he let em die due to future plans for Vought or if he genuinely couldn't.
In the show, he just doesn't really seem to give a shit to begin with.

in the comic, when its happening, they're all freaking out including Homelander who is getting very frustrated and pissed at what a clusterfuck it turned out to be and he essentially abandons things with a sort of angry "fuck this!" walk off the plane rather than TV Homelander's "oh well, what can you do?".

They were actually trying to save the day, they just fucked up in spectacular fashion.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
In the show, he just doesn't really seem to give a shit to begin with.

in the comic, when its happening, they're all freaking out including Homelander who is getting very frustrated and pissed at what a clusterfuck it turned out to be and he essentially abandons things with a sort of angry "fuck this!" walk off the plane rather than TV Homelander's "oh well, what can you do?".

They were actually trying to save the day, they just fucked up in spectacular fashion.

Could he do it though? Or was that the issue.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I love that scene on the plane because they're all expecting he can save them by landing the plane by flying and he simply goes, "how? There's no ground". I never thought about it that way before lol

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That airplane scene is pitch black goddamn. I hadn't rewatched it since S1 initially came out and man that is dark. Starr is way too good.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I havent watch the boys yet (keyword YET) but you can't be telling people that this guy is the best actor to portray Vig... I feel bad for this dude because he does look like Vic, but is probably a genuinely nice guy...... I can't not see the resemblance

Homelander is kind of a manchild with nearly god-level powers and an appropriately inflated superiority complex. Antony Starr would definitely be able to nail playing Vic.

He does seem like a cool dude off-set though, so I don't know if I'd ever wish that part on him.