• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.blu-ray.com

Home Alone 4K Blu-ray

Disney will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Chris Columbus' comedy Home Alone (1990) with a brand new 4K Blu-ray edition of the film, which is currently set to arrive on the market on September 15th.

11926_tn.jpg

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Passe ça à Kevin, passe ça à Kevin, passe ça à Kevin ... Kevin est pas là, Kevin est pas là, Kevin est pas là ..... KEVIN!!!!!

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given how long this has taken, why wouldn't they have waited until the end of the year?

Meh, I suppose September is when Christmas starts getting advertised.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Will upgrade from the BD I bought last year. I hate all of the logos and stuff they throw on these boxes though. :P

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly this is kind of more interesting than it leads on to be. Since it's one of the first films from a Fox studio to release under Disney.

Oct 26, 2017
If you missed it, Lego will also produce a huge set based on the McCallister house, after a successful Ideas campaign. It was announced only recently and these things normally take time, but you'd think they'd want to target the anniversary.

ideas.lego.com

10K Club Interview: Alex Storozhuk of Home Alone. McCallister's House!

Alex Storozhuk, aka adwind on LEGO Ideas, has recreated the infamous house from Home Alone! Take a peek into a brick-built version of ...

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Given how long this has taken, why wouldn't they have waited until the end of the year?

Meh, I suppose September is when Christmas starts getting advertised.

I begin to receive Christmas catalogues, letters and emails in September these days so, this early release date comes as no surprise to me ... 🎄

If you missed it, Lego will also produce a huge set based on the McCallister house, after a successful Ideas campaign. It was announced only recently and these things normally take time, but you'd think they'd want to target the anniversary.

ideas.lego.com

Alex Storozhuk, aka adwind on LEGO Ideas, has recreated the infamous house from Home Alone! Take a peek into a brick-built version of ...

I am hoping that that LEGO set shall be under my Christmas tree this year!

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

ideas.lego.com

Why did nobody tell me about this?????

Who am I kidding, its going to be expensive

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I assumed this was already in 4k, neat to know though. I've seen this movie so many times and still love it.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Miiiiight get this. I mean I already have it on VHS, DVD and Bluray. It'd be comical to watch it on VHS then 4k Blu-ray.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Having watched this film recently this year, I was actually surprised by how well-done the cinematography was. I was expecting a flat, shot for TV look reminiscent of that period, but the lighting is actually quite dynamic.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I would be interested but I am not sure how these older titles translate to 4K.

Pity it doesn't include the second one.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really loving 4k UHD right now, with loads of great catalogue titles being released or upcoming.

Jaws, The Blues Brothers, The Goonies, Top Gun, Home Alone, Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice, Flash Gordon, Pitch Black, Hitchcock Collection, 300 and District 9.

Plus talk of Back to the Future, Indiana Jones and Lord of The Rings Trilogy.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Really loving 4k UHD right now, with loads of great catalogue titles being released or upcoming.

Jaws, The Blues Brothers, The Goonies, Top Gun, Home Alone, Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice, Flash Gordon, Pitch Black, Hitchcock Collection, 300 and District 9.

And it's cool because older stuff on film and modern scanning techniques make that stuff look fantastic on the format.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah most things shot on 35mm, good quality film stock can really shine in 4k, providing they don't DNR it to death of course.
Amen! It's been a killer year for 4K. Also l Dawn of the Dead later in the year and Zombie just out.

Oct 30, 2017
That scene in the church with the Southbend Shovel Slayer is gonna look dynamite. I remember that scene being legitimately beautifully lit.

Is the 90s remake of Miracle on 34th Street in 4k by chance?

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Funny that apparently the Terminator franchise works the opposite way. Keep buying the (flawed) 4K Blu of T2 so we can hopefully get (a flawed) The Terminator one day.
Oooh, now is the perfect time to ask then!!

What's the best version of T1 and T2 to get on Blue ray? I thought the 4K version of T2 looks good but how is the quality?

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
There's not really a definitive home release of T2 unfortunately. I personally like the T2 Blu-Ray from 2015. But it's pretty shitty tbh.

edit: at least you're getting that absolutely badass DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtrack on either the blu or the 4K.

Last edited:

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
T2 is one of my favs. Why did you have to break my heart again.

I-know-now-why-you-cry.-But-it-is-something-I-can-never-do..jpg

Oooh, now is the perfect time to ask then!!

What's the best version of T1 and T2 to get on Blue ray? I thought the 4K version of T2 looks good but how is the quality?

Not sure about the answer to that one. The truth is, I personally don't mind DNR at all (although I do appreciate film grain), and I found T2 to look amazing. A few friends I've shown it to have thought it looks really great as well.

Review
OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.blu-ray.com

Home Alone 4K Blu-ray (30th Anniversary Edition)

Home Alone 4K Blu-ray Release Date September 15, 2020 (30th Anniversary Edition). Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Home Alone holds up after three decades of delighting fans of all ages and its new UHD release is a stunner. The 2160p/HDR picture quality teeters on perfection and while Disney has not included a new soundtrack or any new extras, that existing content is just fine