• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, just personally speaking, had no idea about "Dakota" before this or that it was something technically originally found I or 10 years ago (and that tye news here is that it's just bring prepared to be put on official display). Or maybe I did at one time and just don't remember (which probably means yeah this is the first time learning about any of this). Still really super cool though.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Time to implant a bone into a person's body like in Yu-Gi-Oh GX! Get that Dino DNA in your system

In all seriousness, this is so cool!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is genuinely amazing. I'm looking at an actual dinosaur. The leg, but you know.

Now I want to touch it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome and hopefully we find more like it.

Unfortunately the chances of finding actual still-flesh dinosaur remains approach nil as the oldest ice we've found is only 2.7 million years old and I can't think of any possible way for flesh to survive so long outside of being frozen the entire time.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Makes you wonder if there are any properly "mummified" dinosaur heads, waiting to be unveiled to the public

I'd kill for that

or imagine a small feathered dino head preserved in amber.... ugh I just wanna see a dinosaur head dammit

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I saw some actual paleontologist on Twitter say it's a leaked image from something they're releasing soon.

OP
OP
Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
giphy.gif

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it died wearing oven mitts. Can't wait to see it prepared. Hope they spared no expense.

Last edited:

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
It's an Ornithischian . No feathers were ever expected.

Any time soft tissue is fossilized, it's called a mummified find, but it's still a fossil. It's still rock. Also, isn't our first "mummified" hadrosaur foot. The hoof is interesting though.

Finally, an interesting thing about feathers and scales. They can exist on the same part of the body at the same time. Some birds do have feathered legs. But they still have scaled legs under those feathers.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Why is team "no feathers" rejoicing? Its a foot? Did we really expect feathers on the feet?

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Hooves and feathers is the real reason why they got wiped off the earth, you can only go against God so much until even his lazy ass snaps!

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
The "no feathers" posts are embarrassingly ignorant, because:
  1. Not all dinosaurs had feathers, this group had none
  2. Limbs and feet not having feathers doesn't mean an animal is featherless. Have you seen an actual bird before? Bird legs and feet are scaled and have no feathers...
wpid-cassowary-feet-c-wtma.jpg

bae4fa8b9ba7fea61fb521263a05caa3.jpg

Apparently you guys don't just hate science, but also basic biology and reality. Do you believe the earth is flat as well? ;p

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, sucks that this got leaked. Hopefully it doesn't hurt the people working on this.

Jun 22, 2019
Christ the anti-feather people are so weird.

1. Not all dinosaurs were claimed to be feathered. Edmontosaurus wasn't. It's theropods that are by and large expected to have feathering as a baseline.

2. Have you ever seen the leg/foot of a bird? Hello? No feathers there either.

Anyway need much more info on this. Calling it a mummified specimen does not seem particularly accurate. It's the fossil remnant of a mummified specimen I guess?

Edit: Apparently this isn't the first "mummified" Edmontosaurus.

Edit 2: Damn should've read the last page.

Last edited: