• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fixuis

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
You deserve every ounce of this, so happy for you! What a great feeling when your hard work pays off! :-)

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Food is awesome. Desserts especially. You give people life and love. You contribute to happy moments and memorable occassions for many people. Don't forget your passion during those moments when stress is high. You got this!

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
congrats. are you the person who fucked up their hand in a mixer or something? just stay away from them and you should be all set

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hooooly fucking shit, congratulations!

And trust me, you know better than all of us, deep down, that you're going to do great. :)

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I haven't combed through the thread, but what city are you in? I'd love to come check out the menu and support you!

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
That's awesome OP!
What's on the menu and what is your favorite thing to bake?

I know it's a totally different scene but I've seriously considered opening a Portuguese bakery where I live now (US), it just seems a big risk to even try it in terms of finances.

OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
congrats. are you the person who fucked up their hand in a mixer or something? just stay away from them and you should be all set

yeah lmfao

i broke my finger making 1000 pumpkin pies 😒

Congratulations chef. Remember us when you're on Netflix shows and famous!

o god no

i would die if i was on tv

i got offered to be on a show on Food Network and turned it down cause noOoOope

Sorry I haven't combed through the thread, but what city are you in? I'd love to come check out the menu and support you!

i'm in chicago ~*~*

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations! Really happy for you! Best of luck. You got this!

I have a buddy in Chicago and usually make a trip out there annually to go feasting at all the great restaurants! Sounds like I gotta add one to the list!

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
yeah so uh what the fuck i just finalized my menu and im sitting here shook

i was on gaf 5 years ago posting about needing help to flee abusive nonsense in florida to go to pastry school in a state ive never been to while young and dumb as shit. now this week i'm taking over the michelin restaurant im currently sous chef of and am doing a coursed prefix dessert menu. all the tickets to my popup sold out a few weeks ago, which i still cant wrap my head around.

my chef blew up in NYT last month so ive been hiding under rocks about my career to avoid any semblance of spotlight but now this tuesday is the day im putting myself out there as the pastry chef of this restaurant in this city and im TERRIFIED

pray4me

IM SO NERVOUS
Congrats and go and get it!!! I'd love to know which restaurant and stop by if I'm in that city.

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Congrats. I worked in fine dining for many years. It's great to be part of something like that.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I remember that thread, wow, congrats Bento! You've come a long way and now you've made it, please don't forget us when you're famous!

Also I would love to sample some of those desserts.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I remember your LA thread and it's super cool how went from that to where you're at right now in such a short amount of time. Congrats.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Yo you should be hella impressed with yourself & if you made it this far I wouldn't doubt yourself. The food spoke for itself and put you here bc it was awesome. Hell ya man congrats!

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Good Luck Bento! All ERA is with you.

Cheers from Argentina (country of the meat), you should come over here some time. It would be an honor.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
its 4 courses with some takeaways for guests to take home.

first course: glazed petite cherry blossom bavarian mousse, milk crumb, japanese nagami kumquat

second: a spread of sweets!
red beet madeleines, housemade red wine vinegar glaze, pickled cherry jam.
cardamom whoopie pie, fermented honey buttercream
petite goat butter shortbread filled with persimmon curd

third:

a single scoop of roasted pistachio gelato on top of black sesame toffee

fourth: my take on "s'mores"
spruce tip marshmallow, smoked chocolate fudge brownie, brown butter whole wheat graham cracker, coffee hot fudge. served with a lil bit of housemade sipping chocolate.

takeaway: japanese nama chocolates made with mushroom and dark chocolate
carambola herbal tea gummies
petite miso chocolate chunk cookies

holy canoli this sounds delicious

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Woah, Gratz!

I'm working my way through top chef right now on Hulu, and the fact that you work with pastry makes me think you'd automatically win lol. Seriously, that's so cool. Have fun!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Congratulation bento!

Wow what im I doing with my life...

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I remember you, I'm happy for you! Nothing beats following your dreams and succeeding :)