• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats!. I remember reading your stranded in SoCal thread and now you're on the come up. Must feel amazing.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
yeah so uh what the fuck i just finalized my menu and im sitting here shook

i was on gaf 5 years ago posting about needing help to flee abusive nonsense in florida to go to pastry school in a state ive never been to while young and dumb as shit. now this week i'm taking over the michelin restaurant im currently sous chef of and am doing a coursed prefix dessert menu. all the tickets to my popup sold out a few weeks ago, which i still cant wrap my head around.

my chef blew up in NYT last month so ive been hiding under rocks about my career to avoid any semblance of spotlight but now this tuesday is the day im putting myself out there as the pastry chef of this restaurant in this city and im TERRIFIED

pray4me

IM SO NERVOUS

What's the place? Come on!

EDIT: I see it now. Good on you OP.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I... think I remember that thread. Holy shit Im so happy for you and glad you're doing well for yourself! You can do this!

OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Congrats, it sounds like you made it in life! Now the real fun begins, Michelin standards are balls to the walls insane, I can never see myself getting to that level and commiting to the grind.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
yeah so uh what the fuck i just finalized my menu and im sitting here shook

i was on gaf 5 years ago posting about needing help to flee abusive nonsense in florida to go to pastry school in a state ive never been to while young and dumb as shit. now this week i'm taking over the michelin restaurant im currently sous chef of and am doing a coursed prefix dessert menu. all the tickets to my popup sold out a few weeks ago, which i still cant wrap my head around.

my chef blew up in NYT last month so ive been hiding under rocks about my career to avoid any semblance of spotlight but now this tuesday is the day im putting myself out there as the pastry chef of this restaurant in this city and im TERRIFIED

pray4me

IM SO NERVOUS

I love you, and I'm one of many that's so proud of your accomplishments and how far you've come.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats. You've come this far and I can tell you're only going to get better. Gotta swing by and pick up your pastries some day.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

Congrats!

OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Congrats.
A buddy of mine just made it to sous chef in a local Michelin-starred restaurant. He told me it's super stressful but also incredibly rewarding.

I'm very lucky in my restaurant where we only have 8 of us so I only have to manage a small tight knit crew. I can't imagine being sous at a michelin gig that has high covers though.

it is extremely difficult to maintain consistency and high standards the bigger the seats in a restaurant. I hope your friend can keep up and crushes it in their new position tho!

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Don't forget the official chef language : fuck fuck fuckety fuck fuck

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wont blow up the thread with food pics but here is my instagram for those that want a better look at all my food work

After everything I've endured, fuck it.

Elizabeth is where I am.

We are located in Chicago

Huge congratulations! Food looks amazing and really technically and creatively accomplished! If I lived nearby the restaurant (I'm not even in the same country), I'd definitely pop in to try some of the desserts.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I mostly lurk in this part of the boards but I do remember your posts about this. You're gonna nail it!

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats! I remember your posts from GAF and the famous pastry finger accident. Your gonna ace it! I have also had some mindfuck shit and then positive lifechanging experiences in the last 5 years. Best to keep believing in yourself.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I remember your GAF thread. You goddamn MADE IT!!

Seriously, you are a damn pastry chef in a Michelin ranked restaurant- don't let anyone say you are nothing!

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's FUCKING COOL. CONGRATS!

my sister lives in Chicago. I'll have to get her to go.