• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pls Serpent Society
king-cobra-59210.jpg
4138944-cottonmouth_02.png

3778688-diamondback.png

Avenger

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
I love/hate the suit.

Maybe hate strong word. But the suit was designed in Wakadna. I expected..... more flare? But it looks like a nice leather bike jacket.

Still nice though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
LET'S GOOOOO

SAM ALEXANDER NOVA!!!
Sam Alexander is basically damaged goods at this point thanks to Jeph Loeb being a shithead (not to mention that Kevin Feige & Jeph Loeb never really got along) & Sam being generally ignored outside of the comics in recent years (even in MUA3, Sam was replaced with Spider-Gwen in the Champions trio). A shame, as Sam Nova got better in later runs of his series when Loeb was no longer writing it. That said, what will likely happen is that they'll split the difference with a Latinx Richard Rider.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sam Alexander is basically damaged goods at this point thanks to Jeph Loeb being a shithead (not to mention that Kevin Feige & Jeph Loeb never really got along) & Sam being generally ignored outside of the comics in recent years (even in MUA3, Sam was replaced with Spider-Gwen in the Champions trio). A shame, as Sam Nova got better in later runs of his series when Loeb was no longer writing it. That said, what will likely happen is that they'll split the difference with a Latinx Richard Rider.

Hi Neoxon! Nice to see you around.

How should they introduce Miles to the MCU? Spider-Man: No Way Home?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hell yes!!! That last scene where Sam talks to the GRC folks while being televised is what being Captain America is all about. They nailed the writing & Mackie delivered perfectly.

Time to make that Serpent Society movie for real!

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Instantly one of my most anticipated MCU films. I wasn't sure if Sam would get his own Captain America solo film any time soon with the current slate of Marvel films already revealed some time ago with no mention of Sam or Bucky beyond Disney+, but I'm glad to see it's in the works. The man deserves it after being Steve's wingman for two of the Cap films, and with the way The Falcon and the Winter Soldier ended.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Is "charisma void" the new buzzword, for these Fatws threads? Everybody has an opinion I guess, but I felt Anthony Mackie has been plenty charismatic in all his MCU appearances.
Yeah people are wack. I never cared for Mackie's portrayal before this show. He's turned me into a fan for sure.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You love to see it. I wonder if they'll go with the "Captain America and the Winter Soldier" name for the movie, or perhaps they'll have Bucky go full White Wolf.
Bucky is The Winter Soldier. Its his superhero mantle.

Its what hes always been in both the comics and the movies.

Its cool as hell too.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Just finished watching The Falcon and Winter Solder...er Captain America and the Winter Soldier :p

Loved it - if this rumor is true, I am looking forward to it!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
They could do Evil Hydra Steve Rogers but it be a clone or alternate universe version of him but in my opinion that would be dumb plus i want them to focus on Sam as Captain Amercia and have SR play as little of a role as possible

Have a clone character that looks like him but isnt him (cause it'll be a different actor) - that would be great!

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Is "charisma void" the new buzzword, for these Fatws threads? Everybody has an opinion I guess, but I felt Anthony Mackie has been plenty charismatic in all his MCU appearances.
I was gonna add Bucky too but this time it was the show's fault that did not give him enough material to work with.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Well and Captain America
Bucky was Captain America before Sam
We're never going to get to see that run adapted so I don't like to think about it too much, no matter how much I loved it. :(

Was so annoyed when Rogers came back (that whole story was dogshit compared to the rest of Brubaker's run) but it was always gonna happen. Legacy heroes have it rough. The first guy always seems to end up coming back even if it takes em 30 years.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
We're never going to get to see Batroc rock an awesome mustache in the films, are we?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I hate Infinity Saga every time I think about how it completely took The Red Skull off the board for future Cap films.

I mean, I love that film...but that also felt bad.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
We're never going to get to see that run adapted so I don't like to think about it too much, no matter how much I loved it. :(

Was so annoyed when Rogers came back (that whole story was dogshit compared to the rest of Brubaker's run) but it was always gonna happen. Legacy heroes have it rough. The first guy always seems to end up coming back even if it takes em 30 years.

I wouldn't like it if legacy heroes ever replaced the characters I like. On a temporary basis they can be great stories.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't like it if legacy heroes ever replaced the characters I like. On a temporary basis they can be great stories.
I would agree with you 90% of the time, but I think I'll always have a soft spot for that one.

The Death of Captain America and the Bucky Cap run were one of the first truly great stories I read when I first came back to comics as an adult.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
I hate Infinity Saga every time I think about how it completely took The Red Skull off the board for future Cap films.

I mean, he was doomed to guide people to the Soul Stone, which is now destroyed in this reality. So, he's probably free to fuck shit up if he wants to, no?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Screw the haters. I'm all in for Captain Samerica.
I do not like The Falcon at all in the comic books but this mini series has done a great job of selling me on the Mackie version.

Make some improvements to the outfit and I'm on board. He'll do a good job of filling in that moral vacuum left behind by Steve if they keep up what they set up here.

The stuff with Sam constantly trying to relate to Karli and save her from herself was very Captain America as was the speech he gave the council.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
There is also Baron Blood
allnewcap6-11.jpg

Blackwing
2549583-ohotmu_a_to_z__4___page_5.jpg

Count Nefaria

622545-thunderbolts44p23cl4.jpg

Hatemonger
latest

Peacemonger

And more.

All nobodies except Count Nefaria

What makes you say this? It's comics. His appearance in those films make him more likely to appear again in the future, not less. He is not off the board by any means. Nobody ever really is.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Make some improvements to the outfit and I'm on board. He'll do a good job of filling in that moral vacuum left behind by Steve if they keep up what they set up here.
My biggest problem with the suit is the headpiece. It looks goofy. Remove it and give the suit a slightly more armored look (so that it actually looks like it's made of vibranium) and you got a winner imo.

And btw, Torres better come back in this movie and become Falcon 2.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
All nobodies except Count Nefaria

What makes you say this? It's comics. His appearance in those films make him more likely to appear again in the future, not less. He is not off the board by any means. Nobody ever really is.
Heres hoping.

One of my favorite bits from recent Cap comics was how The Red Skull realized how vulnerable America was to fascism and started recruiting right wing extremists.

I think it was a Falcon Cap story too.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
It's an easy term for "I don't like this person for a reason but I don't have to give any reason or point to anything substantial."

I mean, he was doomed to guide people to the Soul Stone, which is now destroyed in this reality. So, he's probably free to fuck shit up if he wants to, no?
I recall either the Russos or the IW/EG screenwriter duo (who did the Cap trilogy too) saying once the Stone was removed, Skull was freed from his imprisonment there.