• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
RIP to not only one of the most iconic actors of Hollywood's Golden Age, but his role in destroying the notorious Hollywood blacklist by demanding that Dalton Trumbo be fully credited for his work on Spartacus was a genuine milestone.

Spartacus and Paths of Glory will probably get a lot of mentions here, but I implore everyone to watch Ace in the Hole to see just how talented an actor he really was. Chuck Tatum is one of the most ruthless sons of bitches that cinema has ever produced, and Douglas sinks his teeth into that role like few others.

Yeah, Ace in the Hole is great too. I caught it on Criterion Channel and he's absolutely fantastic in it.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loved him in Paths of Glory.

I guess that's one more to add to the "In Memory" montage Sunday night at the Oscars

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Unbelievable, I just saw him in the Mike Wallace doc the other day and thought, it's incredible he's still alive.

R.I.P. The last living legend from the classic Hollywood era.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
103 is an amazing innings for an incredible actor. He was alive during WW1!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I was legit worried he was gonna outlive Michael for a while there. What a life. RIP. Guess I need to get around to watching Spartacus now.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Kirk Douglas was such a cool dude. RIP

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Somehow I find this more offensive in a death thread than "good riddance, rapist"...lol

What's there to be offended by? People don't consistently live to be over a 100, and I saw Kirk in movies from the 1940's where he was an adult. I was genuinely surprised at this news. I'm sad that he's gone, because he's an absolute legend in the game, but I'm being 100% honest with my initial reaction.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well I know what I'm watching tonight then
source.gif