• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit thought he died ages ago! RIP Spartacus, I wore out that double vhs way back when.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
RIP to a legend of Hollywood.

Watch Ace in the Hole if you've never seen it. One of his best performances.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
RIP

source.gif

RIP to not only one of the most iconic actors of Hollywood's Golden Age, but his role in destroying the notorious Hollywood blacklist by demanding that Dalton Trumbo be fully credited for his work on Spartacus was a genuine milestone.

Spartacus and Paths of Glory will probably get a lot of mentions here, but I implore everyone to watch Ace in the Hole to see just how talented an actor he really was. Chuck Tatum is one of the most ruthless sons of bitches that cinema has ever produced, and Douglas sinks his teeth into that role like few others.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
A life well lived

RIP to a legend

edit: my dad posted this, he used to work for a limo company in Boston:

I had the pleasure of driving Mr Douglas and his lovely wife while working for the limo company. He introduced himself and as I was opening the back door for him- he motioned for his wife to sit, then said....hey Mike- do you mind if I ride shotgun with you? He laughed and jumped in the front seat before I could get the door. He was a great conversationalist and his wife chimed in to correct his "faulty" memory. I also met Michael as he was there too. What a life he has led. Safe passage to him.

Last edited:

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
RIP

One of my favourite actors. He helped to get rid of the Hollywood black list by hiring Dalton Trumbo to write Spartacus. Loved his performances in Paths Of Glory and Ace In The Hole.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
RIP and at 103 no less

Paths of Glory, The Bad and the Beautiful, and Seven Days in May are some my favorite films ever